• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man accidentally kills himself while taking photos with gun

Law abider

A 43-year-old Concrete man died Sunday after accidentally shooting himself in the face with what he thought was an unloaded gun. He and his girlfriend were taking selfies using the gun as a prop. The girlfriend reported that the pair had done this several times during the day, with the man apparently removing the bullets and then reloading the gun multiple times.

After the last time, however, a bullet apparently remained in the gun, sheriff Clark said.

Unbelievable. Load unload remove bullet from chamber take a selfie reload, unload, remove bullet from chamber take a selfie reload, unload forget this time to eject from the chamber take a selfie bang! dead.

What is wrong with picture folks!!! I am told we need to practice loading and unloading and remove the bullet from the chamber every time! But this guy was not paying attention to his gun but to his girl! Was he a CCLer? He should have taken a safety course. AAH!

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/...cle_9d800601-988c-5ba7-b898-3cd211eb874a.html

Here are stats on self inflicted gun shots behind selfie pictures. Sad
http://priceonomics.com/the-tragic-data-behind-selfie-fatalities/

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Wrong kind of selfie.

Another victim of the American culture that refuses to teach gun safety in public school and return gun safety to daily life. [sarcasm] We are all so much safer pretending they don't exist until we are old enough to buy one.[/sarcasm]

Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.
Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy.

Last edited:

Law abider

It is a mistake that he will not make again.............ever. :(

That's the sad thing about this. Girlfriend without the guy she loved. I sure hope he didn't have kids. One of the problems with handling guns in a cavalier manner. The stats from priceonomics are frightening. These stats will only be misused by anti 2A people. Whatever happened to the local rod and gun clubs training people with proper handling of fire arms?

Last edited:

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
Play stupid games...

When I wore a much younger mans clothes, I was a Sailor in the US Navy
and some of the weapons I toyed with were of a "special" calibre. Because of that, there was an armed guard at all times. We were inport, at some foreign country in SE Asia. It was time for the mid watch, 1200 to 0400 shift. The ongoing watch was late, the off going watch was tired. Normal procedure is to hand the pistol over with slide back, mag in hand (5 rnds) and the belt and holster in the other hand. Easy transfer, put on belt, clear weapon, load mag.

He was late,late and got woken up for the last time and told where his pistol was piled. He stumblingly move above decks to the launcher area and into the "space". He picked up the belt and put it on as he woke up. He picked up the 1911A1, inserted the magazine and let the slide go. Then he cleared the trigger.

A .45 in a space four feet by eight feet by seven feet is a dangerous thing. It landed in the "ceiling" and his hearing rang for an hour. Nobody heard the shot, but him. The hardest thing for him was finding another .45 round before the end of watch.

This kind of cr@p can happen to anyone.

mikeyb

I need concrete evidence of selfies. As Policeman Officer Nick Angle once said: "It's murder!"

decklin

When I wore a much younger mans clothes, I was a Sailor in the US Navy
and some of the weapons I toyed with were of a "special" calibre. Because of that, there was an armed guard at all times. We were inport, at some foreign country in SE Asia. It was time for the mid watch, 1200 to 0400 shift. The ongoing watch was late, the off going watch was tired. Normal procedure is to hand the pistol over with slide back, mag in hand (5 rnds) and the belt and holster in the other hand. Easy transfer, put on belt, clear weapon, load mag.

He was late,late and got woken up for the last time and told where his pistol was piled. He stumblingly move above decks to the launcher area and into the "space". He picked up the belt and put it on as he woke up. He picked up the 1911A1, inserted the magazine and let the slide go. Then he cleared the trigger.

A .45 in a space four feet by eight feet by seven feet is a dangerous thing. It landed in the "ceiling" and his hearing rang for an hour. Nobody heard the shot, but him. The hardest thing for him was finding another .45 round before the end of watch.

This kind of cr@p can happen to anyone.
There's a big difference, IMO, between your scenario and someone playing with a gun.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
One would think a Concrete man would be relatively impervious to gunfire...

A man is just the aggregate of his experiences, and some learn the hard way; others are just a chip off the ol' block.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
One would think a Concrete man would be relatively impervious to gunfire...

And taking photos with a gun? He should have used a camera.

If he had used a mirror to reflect his image, he would be suffering 7 years bad luck..........never mind.

Firearms Iinstuctor

I need concrete evidence of selfies. As Policeman Officer Nick Angle once said: "It's murder!"

Or was a suicide set up to look like an accident.

I investigated a couple of so called accidents that I thought most likely were suicides but with out a note or a statement to others by the deceased. Saying so didn't solve a thing.