Thread: Opinion on M&P bodyguard

Opinion on M&P bodyguard

Anyone have any issues with the gun listed above?

Well, for starters, are you talking about the .38 Special revolver or the .380 Automatic pistol?

Second, welcome!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

I have handled the 380, but not shot it. I was helping a young lady at the LGS pick out a CC. It seemed to me to be the lighter gun to rack than the other 380's. Trigger was OK for me, but then I am used to revolvers. Have not handled the M&P revolver.
    It is well that war is so terrible otherwise we would grow too fond of it.
    Robert E. Lee
    The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth.
    Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson
    What separates the winners from the losers is how a person reacts to each new twist of fate.
    President Donald Trump

my hands are bear paws and i looked at the bodyguard for an ankle BUG and it was uncomfortable in my hands while i ran a couple mags through it..

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    My son in law just shipped his back to S&W. will not fire. I understand there are some issues.

My wife's first cc gun was the .380 bodyguard pistol. I liked it and stole it from her and used it as my bug. Meanwhile she bought a Taurus Curve. A few days ago she tired of the Taurus and nabbed the little S&W .380 back.

Neither of us have had any issues with the S&W .380 Bodyguard. It is a good little pistol.

I have a model 642 airweight that my daughter took with her to college and an M&P Shield 9mm that my wife decided she liked (stole). While neither are the bodyguard you mention I like both and am willing to let the people who mean the most to me carry them as a primary means of self defense.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

about the M&P Bodyguard

I have had and used a 380 for about 6 months...The con's are....it's a little awkward to use if you have big hands, it isn't accurate very far, and it is the DEVIL to take apart and clean. The pro's are...it is accurate for at least 3 yards (close-contact need), and it is easily concealable. A lot of experienced shooters consider it a pop-gun that isn't really effective, but some of those guys are the same ones who want to go out with a cannon concealed every time they travel. I've had no trouble with mine firing...what it's meant for, it does well.

Activist Member
    I'm with others, I can't seem to like compact/Sub Compact side arms. My hands are too big grip wise and it's just uncomfortable for me to even want one. Yes some sub-compact sidearms are comfortable and usable, but I just make it easier by buying full size instead of compact.
    Nothing better than a Glock.........except maybe another Glock!

Quote Originally Posted by DWCook View Post
    I'm with others, I can't seem to like compact/Sub Compact side arms. My hands are too big grip wise and it's just uncomfortable for me to even want one. Yes some sub-compact sidearms are comfortable and usable, but I just make it easier by buying full size instead of compact.
    subs & sub compacts are bad for BUGs but i want to practice on them to get proficient but my whole bloody arm is shaking from holding on to the firearm's smallish grip with my huge paws while running through even 5-10 mags...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain