• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Caliber preference

WalkingWolf

I find this very strange.
I attempted to clarify what was apparently misread/misunderstood in my original post, but my "attitude" caused someone to write me off.
There was no intent on my part to be confrontational, or display any sort of "attitude".
Although it has since been deleted, the first reply to my original post was quoted in later posts. If anyone cares to go back and reread it. It is obvious that the person quoted either misread, or misunderstood my original post. I attempted to clarify.
When I stated that this was my thread, I intentionally put "my" in parentheses to denote the fact that I understood that I did not own the thread, but was the one who started it.
I guess that attitude, demeanor, and intent don't always come through very well in printed text.
Possibly, I should restrict myself to reading here, and forgo contributing, lest my attitude be misunderstood in the future.

It is the internet, so things do not come across as they do in person. I usually try to read my posts at least a couple times before I post them, try to see it from the other side. No need to stop posting, but be willing to accept constructive criticism.

As far as firearms forums, this one is the most professional, open minded, and welcoming. I hope you enjoy your stay.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Let me see in the last two weeks I have carried in descending order 45acp 44mag 41mag 40S@W 357mag 9mmL 38 spl and a 22lr caliber hand guns.

I could have added a 380 and a 32 in there but the situations didn't call for them.:lol:

Caliber preference what I have on my person at the time.

Braggart! :D

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
For years 38s. I like revolvers. But, my new S&W 9mm shield has almost convinced me to change.

Sacrilege! Heresy!! Revolvers rule!!

(There is, however, canonical evidence of exceptions for two semi-automatic pistols: the Browning 1911 in .45 ACP, and the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm Parabellum.)

:D

OC for ME

(There is, however, canonical evidence of exceptions for two semi-automatic pistols: the Browning 1911 in .45 ACP, and the Browning Hi-Power in 9mm Parabellum.)

Any .38 is just as effective as any semi...right up to the first click vs. bang. ;)

Firearms Iinstuctor

This just proves the Hi-power fixed all the problems of the 1911 and Glock improved on that. :eek:

But for just plain shooting a good revolver is hard to beat.