• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

WV senate over rides veto. consituional carry comes to WV

Firearms Iinstuctor

http://www.gunwatch.blogspot.com/2016/03/wv-legislature-overrides-governor.html

The West Virginia legislature did not waste any time in overriding Governor Tomblin's veto of HB 4145, also known as "Constitutional carry" or permitless carry. Governor Tomblin vetoed a similar bill in 2015, but the veto occurred after the legislature had adjourned, making a veto override difficult.

This year, the Constitutional carry bill was passed early enough for the legislature to vote on a veto override if necessary. Governor Tomblin received the Constitutional carry bill on 26 February. He waited to the last possible day to veto it, 3 March. The House of Delegates overrode his veto on 4 March, and the Senate completed the override on 5 March. From state.wv.us:

Brian D.

The West Virginia governor's response to his veto being overridden was classic 'eight year old boy kicking the dirt and threatening to take his ball and go home' in tone. If I lived nearby it would be fun to go look him up and give him the Nelson Munz finger point, "Ha Ha!" treatment.

Congrats to you, West Virginians!