• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Congratulations to WVCDL: Constitutional Carry Passes in West Virginia!!

TFred

Yes, I know this is the Virginia forum, but so many of us don't read any other forum, and we need to know this!

West Virginia's Senate completed the last hurdle this morning to override the Democrat Governor's veto of their Constitutional Carry bill. Yes, ladies and gentlemen, West Virginia, RIGHT NEXT DOOR, and so very close to many of our wildly liberal jurisdictions up north, will be able to carry a firearm, openly or concealed, WITHOUT a permit.

Congratulations are in order to the WVCDL, and the people of West Virginia for standing up for their rights, and holding on to the end.

One interesting note, in West Virginia, it only takes a simple majority vote in both houses to override a veto, which to me, begs the question, why bother, since one might normally presume that if the bill passed once, it would pass again... interesting thing there.

TFred

Post announcing the result this morning from the WV Board

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Maybe, just maybe this will prod our general assembly to do likewise the next time around.

It is tantamount to being the red headed step child who has no shoes, when the rest of the family has new Buster Browns.

Last edited:

Marco

bill.cole@wvsenate.gov
Maybe email the WV Senate pres. and thank him and his fellow WV lawmakers for doing the right thing.

To show the WV Senate how much I appreciate their efforts I know where we'll be spending our discretionary funds this summer.

The West Virginia Senate today voted to override Gov. Earl Ray Tomblins's veto of abill that will allow so=called "Constitutional Carry" to take effect in 90 days.
http://www.examiner.com/article/west-virginia-will-go-constitutional-carry-as-veto-overridden

Last edited:

Repeater

Maybe, just maybe this will pod our general assembly to do likewise the next time around.

Be careful...

[size=+3]This is a pod[/size]
HWV_DQ_DolphinPod_2.jpg

[size=+3]This is a prod[/size]
handw_fullprod_web_BLACK_7CC2A2595FC85.gif

Repeater

Ammoland has more

Congratulations West Virginians!

See here at Ammoland:

Legislature Overrides Governor’s Veto. Constitutional Carry Becomes Law
The West Virginia legislature did not waste any time in overriding Governor Tomblin’s veto of HB 4145, also known as “Constitutional carry” or permitless carry. Governor Tomblin vetoed a similar bill in 2015, but the veto occurred after the legislature had adjourned, making a veto override difficult.

This year, 2016, the Constitutional carry bill was passed early enough for the legislature to vote on a veto override if necessary. Governor Tomblin received the Constitutional carry bill on 26 February. He waited to the last possible day to veto it, 3 March. The House of Delegates overrode his veto on 4 March, and the Senate completed the override on 5 March, 2016.

"He waited to the last possible day to veto it, 3 March" -- what a jerk.

Arma1911

This news just made my day! :banana: So, when is it going to be our turn, Virginians? Get out and vote, contact your legislators, join (VCDL, NRA, GOA, etc.) a pro-RKBA organization. Let's make this happen!!!!