Thread: losing the carry right with Wells Fargo corporate

losing the carry right with Wells Fargo corporate

for years it had been my understanding that Wells Fargo did in fact allow open carry in their branches here in NC.
    A few months back I noticed a NO WEAPONS sign at a branch in LOCUST NC
    I called the District manager and informed him this was the ONLY branch that had the sign.
    He made some calls and called me back and said the sign was from when the bank was Wachovia
    he then informed me that concealed carry was the only type allowed????

I recenctly reached out again and that DM is no longer employed with them
    and the BRANCH manager made some calls for me and informed me that NO weapons are allowed whatsoever

so where can I go with this?
    can anyone provide insight or info?
    I dont take these things lightly I will call and fight whoever
    anyone familiar with wells fargo policy in NC?
    help me out

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Protest with your feet. Go to the manager and close your account and tell him why. They don't want your business, it is simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Protest with your feet. Go to the manager and close your account and tell him why. They don't want your business, it is simple as that.
    I hope that's not the case. I OCied in the one in K-ville about 4 times already without a problem. I have my mortgage with them so I hope its not true.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Something isn't ringing true here.

First a little history: Wachovia Bank was notoriously anti gun. Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia and shortly after systematically removed all of the No Guns signs and references. They have for years now (since the buyout) accepted both CC and OC in their branches.

Suggestion to anyone who sees such a sign - go politely up the food chain, beginning with the branch manager and going all the way to corporate headquarters if need be, but don't simply abandon the field/give up. That is how we lose ground the quickest.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    I hope that's not the case. I OCied in the one in K-ville about 4 times already without a problem. I have my mortgage with them so I hope its not true.
    It pays to shop your mortgage around every few years, if it has been a while you may be able to get a lower rate with a shorter term. If not leave it where YOU benefit the most and move everything else; and make sure they know why.

Quote Originally Posted by wethepeople View Post
    When did WF establish the no carry policy? Was that their policy when you financed you house? You can do your banking business with another bank and mail in you mortgage payment to WF.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Something isn't ringing true here.

First a little history: Wachovia Bank was notoriously anti gun. Wells Fargo bought out Wachovia and shortly after systematically removed all of the No Guns signs and references. They have for years now (since the buyout) accepted both CC and OC in their branches.

Suggestion to anyone who sees such a sign - go politely up the food chain, beginning with the branch manager and going all the way to corporate headquarters if need be, but don't simply abandon the field/give up. That is how we lose ground the quickest.
    Don't disagree. Opened an account at PNC, gun friendly. Went in one day and an assistant manager politely told me their policy was no guns. I asked him to show me that policy. Two tellers were standing behind him giggling. They knew to policy. In the end he had to apologize. The bank he use to work at had a No Gun policy. He even tried to sell it's a federal law.

How when I walk in it's hello Mr. XDESF, how can I help you.......

I did start at the bottom and work my way up
    The manager says he talked to the "higher up"
    It sounds fishy and untrue just not sure how to advance
    Who do I need to talk to???

Quote Originally Posted by J-SiN View Post
    Why would you accept the word of the same manager who gave you the first response? Go up the food chain yourself - accept no substitutes.
    https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/newsroom/contacts-by-region/

Wells Fargo/Customer service
    1 (800) 869-3557

Be polite with a friendly tone to your voice. You wish to determine the company policy for LAC carrying a gun, safely holstered, in their offices/branches. Request email confirmation, then post it here.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-06-2016 at 11:12 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

You need to talk with the "higher up" (branch manager's boss). Followed by a polite letter summarizing what was said and either a) thanking him for clarifying that OC is welcomed, or b) advising him that you are going up to the next notch in the corporate chain as your understanding remains different from the one he provided.

You might also use the advanced search feature and find the other threads where WF corprate policy has been discussed and documented.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

try to discern the vp or dm of the region from the manager (i find the tellers are a wealth of shared information if approached appropriately) and contact them directly or see if you can locate the head of their 'security' group overseeing their property protection.

after a 'quickie' attempt at trying to find a locale WF management contact or customer level firearm policy this was all i came up with: https://www.wellsfargo.com/about/corporate/ which listed executive management. they are based in CA which might explain some of the inconsistencies.

one name kept coming up, Mariana Phipps ~ corp spokesperson, but i could not locate a direct email addy for her.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Took a while but I did get on with corporate.
    The lady informed me that they "ask" you not to openly carry it
    She said concealed is ok and if you open carry you might get asked to take it to the car
    This is all bull to me
    Also the fact that my local branch has an old sign up from when it was Wachovia
    They keep giving me the number to the DM that does t work there anymore
    That sign needs to come down
    Not sure what direction to go from here
    The branch manager contacted the security manager for me
    I will be placing a call to him at lunch

I used to work for Wells Fargo, we did have a VP in corp security in here that posted the policy, it was certainly allowed then. I would doubt it has changed, they chose to follow state law.

On another note, the State Employees Credit Union has started posting their branches around here...
    We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate.

Thomas Jefferson

I requested a copy of the agreement/contract the bank and I made when I opened the account. Nowhere in that agreement/contract did it address carrying firearms nor did it say they could change the agreement without my consent. It's a two way street. 5/3 bank a few years ago was going to now charge fees on free checking account. I closed the account and they reimbursed me for the checks I had just bought. These banks think they are gods.

Quote Originally Posted by moonie View Post
    I used to work for Wells Fargo, we did have a VP in corp security in here that posted the policy, it was certainly allowed then. I would doubt it has changed, they chose to follow state law.

On another note, the State Employees Credit Union has started posting their branches around here...
    the one by cherry hospital has now posted no concealed or open carry.

am working to address it with the upstairs office manager.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Finally won my battle , the squaky wheel gets oiled.
    I called once a week talking to several different people
    they always put me off on someone else
    and now the sign is GONE
    someone somewhere notified the branch manager that it had to come down being it was from weachovia'
    finally some satisfaction

and now the sign is GONE
    someone somewhere notified the branch manager that it had to come down being it was from weachovia'
    Congrats.....

Thank you for your persistent follow up and for letting us know its fruition!
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

and now the sign is GONE
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Thank you for your persistent follow up and for letting us know its fruition!
    Yep, we can put that to bed....again....'till next time. Wells Fargo ain't Wachovia - many of the same managers, but different strokes/rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Yep, we can put that to bed....again....'till next time. Wells Fargo ain't Wachovia - many of the same managers, but different strokes/rules.
    This just proves that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. After 15 + years this battle is still being fought and will never end. It will take minimum of three generations to get us back to square one. Well beyond my life time.

The likes of George Soros and Michael Bloomberg will be out there doing everything they can to control your life. Mark Zuckerberg comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    This just proves that the price of freedom is eternal vigilance. After 15 + years this battle is still being fought and will never end. It will take minimum of three generations to get us back to square one. Well beyond my life time.

The likes of George Soros and Michael Bloomberg will be out there doing everything they can to control your life. Mark Zuckerberg comes to mind.
    Agree about the price of freedom.

About "beyond my lifetime" - I have other plans.