• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Store Threatened in Northern Virginia

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Folks I don't know what has happend in politically in Alexandria and Arlington lately but the action of the state representitives in that area are WAY over the line. A group of legislaters including - Dels. Patrick Hope, Alfonso Lopez, Richard Sullivan and Mark Levine and Sens. Barbara Favola, Janet Howell and Adam Ebbin, all Democrats; Are intimidating store owners and landlords to force them to rise up against a new gun store that is trying openin in that area. The story is found here -

https://www.washingtonpost.com/loca...fc43e6-e0bb-11e5-846c-10191d1fc4ec_story.html

In my view there legislators are acting outside the authority allowed them under state law. What they are doing is a misuse of power on a scale that as a life long Virginian I find unacceptable. There must be some way to begin to get these people out of office in the next cycle.

Read the article and see if this doen't incite you to action. These people are enguaged in tyranny under color of office.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Oh, my.

I don't know whether to snarl and spit at the ultra-low tactics, or

celebrate that Hawkflyer is back!!!

I hate the dancing bananas, but this is a special occasion!

:banana::banana::banana:

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Yep! Time to Fight Back!

SNIP Last week, the Arlington County Board also decried the plans of Nova Armory to open what the store described as a “high-end” retailer of sporting and self-defense weapons. Residents of the Lyon Park neighborhood, across Route 50 from Joint Base Ft. Myer-Henderson Hall, have raised objections to its opening. (1) The store will be across the street from a private preschool and day care center.

The legislators —Dels. Patrick Hope, Alfonso Lopez, Richard Sullivan and Mark Levine and Sens. Barbara Favola, Janet Howell and Adam Ebbin, all Democrats — sent their letter Wednesday from Richmond, where they are in the midst of the annual legislative session.

“Given its proximity to Route 50 with easy access to Interstate 95, this location could be the site for potentially nefarious and illegal activities such as enabling individuals to successfully obtain fraudulent Virginia drivers licenses to purchase firearms, illegally paying Virginia residents to buy guns, creating a ‘black market’ to sell firearms for cash or drugs, or become a magnet for robbery as was recently the case in a firearms store in McLean, Virginia,” the letter said.

1. So? Are these legislators trying to imply that a pre-schooler is gonna buy a gun and shoot his classmates ala Columbine?

2. Oh! Accusing the store owner of felonies (strawman sales, off-the-books sales) before he opens? Give me a break. I hope he sues.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Oh, my.

I don't know whether to snarl and spit at the ultra-low tactics, or

celebrate that Hawkflyer is back!!!

I hate the dancing bananas, but this is a special occasion!

:banana::banana::banana:

Hawkflyer never really went anywhere - just hasn't had much to say over the last year and a half, but it appears he's been reading.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
In the Meantime

“Given its proximity to Route 50 with easy access to Interstate 95, this location could be the site for potentially nefarious and illegal activities such as...

As we marshal our forces and get ready to bury these low-lifes in a storm of protest and vigorous verbal counter-attack, a reply to the above quote occurs to me:

Because of ridiculous spending priorities and an inexplicable ability of the legislature to solve traffic grid-lock in northern VA, there are no worries about easy access to I95. It would take a criminal a week to get through the gridlock, assuming his suspension survived the unrepaired roads. Heck, a state police officer could probably walk up on the bad-guy--starting from the Charlottesville barracks.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
As we marshal our forces and get ready to bury these low-lifes in a storm of protest and vigorous verbal counter-attack, a reply to the above quote occurs to me:

Because of ridiculous spending priorities and an inexplicable ability of the legislature to solve traffic grid-lock in northern VA, there are no worries about easy access to I95. It would take a criminal a week to get through the gridlock, assuming his suspension survived the unrepaired roads. Heck, a state police officer could probably walk up on the bad-guy--starting from the Charlottesville barracks.

^^Best response I've seen yet!^^

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Nice to hear from you again Grapeshot. You are right I do read the forums and the news.

But gents this is worse than you think. One of the politicians posted that news article on facebook as a matter of pride of accomplishment. Of course a lot of folks started responding. Hundreds have posted, maybe 3 or 4 have agreed with his position. But here is the real irritation. This guy has taken the position that if you don't live in his district, you and you opinion don't matter. This of course raised the temperature a lot. His comment that no citizen should ever be allowed to leave a shooting range with a semi-auto also generated some comment. But his constant reference to a firearm as a weapon of mass destruction is astonishing.

I know that VCDL has made great progress this year in Richmond, and that is their strength. But I think somehow it is the job of the rest of us to take action to get these guys out of office.

I am now retired and no longer have the limitations on my political activities I've lived with for the last 30 years. I for one am ready to fight back.

Regards

TFred

va_tazdad

Mentally deficient thinking such as that demonstrated by the NOVA Rep, and Yankee escapees fleeing to Northern Virginia and their deranged attempts to destroy Virginia as they did New York is one of the major reasons I fled south.

Far more intelligent and gentile people inhabit Richmond. (And NO DIPLOMATS.)

;>)

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
That is exactally how that hit me. I cannot believe these guys are alowed to use State letterhead to intimadate citizens into persecuting a law abiding citizen. I for one am outraged. This cannot go unaddressed; gun issue or not.

Regards
Can you say "personal liability?" I can.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Support the store- attend the grand opening

I just received a note from Del. Richard l Anderson (R) of the 51 st legislative district. He advises that he is aware of the situation with this store and his fellow legislators. He says there is nothing he can do about them as they broke no laws; but he advises that he and others plan to attend the grand opening of the store in support of the owners and to support TSA. I am checking now to see when the opening is planned and will attempt to attend as well. I will post the date and time in this thread.

Ok they are projecting the grand opening for March 26, 2016 9:00am

NOVA Armory
2300 N Pershing DrUnit 2B
Arlington, VA 22201
United States

this is a link to the store website -

http://www.novaarmory.com/#!grand-opening

I hope we can get a turnout in support of this store. The Anti-rights people are trying to force their agenda by eliminating stores. Please don't let that happen in Virginia. Send these people a clear message and come to the grand opening. First 100 people get free 'T' shirts.

I can only hope that some of the cowardly legislators who signed the letter will be there as well. while what they did may be lawful it is clearly not ethical. To that end I intend to persue this further.

Regards

Last edited:

HPmatt

Our daughter lives a few blocks from there on Garfield - will plan on dropping by their store with her when in town in a few months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Anti-Gun protesters expected to attend opening

It has come to my attention that a number of anti-rights protestors are planning to atten the stores grand opening. Part of their plan is to obstruct access to the store. The store owner is being bombarded with hostile phone calls, and threats if he opens the store. When I spoke to him he was very glad to hear from someone who was not hostile towards him or his family.

I am planning to attend this grand opening on the 26th, rain or shine with bells on. As the NRA says its "Time to stand and fight."

Regards

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
It has come to my attention that a number of anti-rights protestors are planning to atten the stores grand opening. Part of their plan is to obstruct access to the store. The store owner is being bombarded with hostile phone calls, and threats if he opens the store. When I spoke to him he was very glad to hear from someone who was not hostile towards him or his family.

I am planning to attend this grand opening on the 26th, rain or shine with bells on. As the NRA says its "Time to stand and fight."

Regards
Can we see a sample of these threats - physical violence?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Can we see a sample of these threats - physical violence?

I don't have anything but the shop owners word. We spoke on the phone. That said NOVA armory is on the net and you could call and talk with him. Be aware he is a bit tenative with callers at first so be patient.

There is also a very active discussion on Facebook about all of this. Del. Mark Levine (D) is the primary person involved in all this. As usual, Mr. Levine has made a vast number of unsupported accusations and statements about all the illegal activities that occur at this gun shop. He speaks as though these things are happening right now, but of course the store has not opened yet, and many of the things we says are or will happen could or would not happen in reality.

One of the big whoppers (not hamburger; Lies) he tells regularly is how people will make "Straw" purchases of vast numbers of guns at the store, and then sell these gun to ISIS terrorists from the trunk of their car in the parking lot behind the store. I mean really. I know a lot of gun shop owners; but I don't know even one that would allow someone to sell guns from a car in the shop parking lot.

The short of this is when you read the tone of many of the comments from the people attacking the store, it is very clear that they might be harassing the guy directly. Pasted below is the text of the email I got from Del. Richard L. Anderson when I asked him to Take these legislators and the letter they wrote to the ethics committee of the legislature.

Regards

Dear Mr. name removed,

Many thanks for your email. I agree that it is wrongheaded for Virginia legislators to interfere with a legitimate, law-abiding, and Constitutionally-protected business. There is nothing we can do because these legislators who signed the letter broke no laws. Instead, we who stand by the 2nd Amendment are planning to attend the grand opening of NOVA Armory and stand with the proprietor and his employees.

Many thanks for writing, and please call on me anytime I may assist you or your family!

Best,

Rich Anderson

RICHARD L. ANDERSON
Delegate, 51st House District
Chair, House Science & Technology Committee
Virginia General Assembly