• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Store Threatened in Northern Virginia

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
^ ^ ^ ^
"...we who stand by the 2nd Amendment are planning to attend the grand opening of NOVA Armory and stand with the proprietor and his employees.."

Translating those strong words into action (presuming they do so) will be much appreciated.

Wonder whether other members of the GA are included in the "We."

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
^ ^ ^ ^
"...we who stand by the 2nd Amendment are planning to attend the grand opening of NOVA Armory and stand with the proprietor and his employees.."

Translating those strong words into action (presuming they do so) will be much appreciated.

Wonder whether other members of the GA are included in the "We."

Yea I was wondering what he meant by "WE". It sounds like there may be a few of them. I can't say, but based on my talk with the shop owner, he is expecting a lot of anti-rights people to show up.

You should look this up on facebook and read some of the drivle from the liberals on this situation. You will not believe your eyes. I wish some people in Arlington would start writing in because he is claiming that the only resistance he is seeing is from outside his district.

You know I understand that a lot of mouth breathing liberals have moved into the area, who are clueless about firearms and who react poorly like Pavavlov's dogs when the word "Gun' is mentioned. But I actually expected more from people in our legislature than I am seeing from the 7 democrat legislators who signed and sent that letter. It is as if the Constitution is optional to these people, and we have somehow been transported to a communist country. The idea that these guys can intimadate, and bully a legimate, legal, business person in this way is just so far outside the box, I can't believe I am seeing this in my home state.

Unfortunatly for them I took and oath. There were a few words in there about defending the Constitution from enemies both foriegn and DOMESTIC. These 7 legislators and the throng of unthinking idiots following them are in my mind a domestic threat. I cannot in good concience sit quietly and watch this kind of thing while we have souldiers deployed to foreign lands fighting and dieing every day for freedom. I am too old to be over there with them; but I do not want to have to explain why I let their country go to hell while they were gone. I plan to be there on March 26, and I hope others will join me. I have no plans to to be sensitive about the anti-rights Hoplophobia these people have exhibited.

Regards

solus

Yea I was wondering what he meant by "WE". It sounds like there may be a few of them. I can't say, but based on my talk with the shop owner, he is expecting a lot of anti-rights people to show up.

You should look this up on facebook and read some of the drivle from the liberals on this situation. You will not believe your eyes. I wish some people in Arlington would start writing in because he is claiming that the only resistance he is seeing is from outside his district.

You know I understand that a lot of mouth breathing liberals have moved into the area, who are clueless about firearms and who react poorly like Pavavlov's dogs when the word "Gun' is mentioned. But I actually expected more from people in our legislature than I am seeing from the 7 democrat legislators who signed and sent that letter. It is as if the Constitution is optional to these people, and we have somehow been transported to a communist country. The idea that these guys can intimadate, and bully a legimate, legal, business person in this way is just so far outside the box, I can't believe I am seeing this in my home state.

Unfortunatly for them I took and oath. There were a few words in there about defending the Constitution from enemies both foriegn and DOMESTIC. These 7 legislators and the throng of unthinking idiots following them are in my mind a domestic threat. I cannot in good concience sit quietly and watch this kind of thing while we have souldiers deployed to foreign lands fighting and dieing every day for freedom. I am too old to be over there with them; but I do not want to have to explain why I let their country go to hell while they were gone. I plan to be there on March 26, and I hope others will join me. I have no plans to to be sensitive about the anti-rights Hoplophobia these people have exhibited.

Regards

do you have a cite for the facebook page you wish someone to look up?

ipse

added: grape got a place to do lunch after the shindig in the morning??

just saying...

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
--snipped--
I'm not really that familiar with the area restaurants. Won't be able to attend - have an appointment elsewhere that would be best not rescheduled.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
do you have a cite for the facebook page you wish someone to look up?

ipse

just saying...

No, but all you have to do is go to facebook and look up Delagate Mark Levine. He has proudly shared the Washington Post article and subsequently posted a bunch of unblevable statements to support his position. Some fo the stuff is so far out there you wind up being compelled to read it. It is realy unblevable.

I would post a link but I access facebook on an ipad app so there is no link path available to paste in here.

EDIT - It seems the good Delagate has grown tired of people commenting on his actions. the ability to comment on his meme has been shut off. So all you can do now is read. I don't recommend that as reading his drivle will anger you a lot and without a means to respond or comment your blood preassure will go through the roof. Just his opening statements have done that to many. See here

NoVA Armory, we don't want you selling your weapons of mass destruction near schools in Arlington! We shouldn't have to wait until people are shot dead with your military-grade semiautomatic weaponry to protest this store. Thousands of your neighbors want you gone.

Last weekend, a Woodbridge man who was arrested for pulling a gun on someone in a parking lot murdered his wife and a police officer and shot two others. How did he get his guns? Are you ready to pay for all the funerals of all the people that your guns murder? And provide reimbursement for all wrongful deaths you cause? If not, then please, we beg you, leave Arlington.

You are not welcome here. Arlingtonians will do their best to show you how unwelcome you are. We have options. Perhaps we boycott the entire strip mall? And force people to cross an angry picket line? If business declines at the other stores, maybe the mall owner will change its mind. What do you think?

Del. Mark Levine

And this just posted this evening should anger a lot of you from Virginia -

I'm being fiercely attacked at my Delegate Page (facebook.com/LevineforVirginia) by a bunch of gun lovers who live outside of Arlington and Alexandria for my position that gun stores next to preschools are not welcome in Arlington or Alexandria. If you agree with my position, please go there and defend it. It seems the vast majority of these people are from out of state and very few are from NOVA.

Del. Mark Levine

Regards

Last edited:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
Did Del. Mark Le-whine explain yet why a gun store near a pre-school would threaten the delicate cohesion of the universe?

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Did Del. Mark Le-whine explain yet why a gun store near a pre-school would threaten the delicate cohesion of the universe?
No. But it is not actually a state preschool it is a private daycare center. Based on what I have seen him do with facts it is probably a long way from the store. Remember this store had to go through local hearings and comply with stare laws on distances from schools. So this is likely to not be a real issue at all.

The whole thing is more related to his sisters death apparently at the hands of her husband. I guess he figures he could not stop that so now he is compensating. While I feel for his loss attacking this store will not fix what happened to his sister. As usual with liberals the end justifies any means so lying, exaggeration and hyperbole are ok. Just as using his sister to fend off attackers works in his favor.

From the number of posts I am seeing here it appears I will be alone on the 26th. I have been trying to figure out how I will get past an angry blockade of antis I am getting too old for fisticuffs but I do have a right to to go shopping and I will break the line to do so. So far I have no idea where the police stand on this. But with a state delegate leading the blockade it will be interesting.

Regards

Last edited:

TFred

They cannot block commerce. At one point, the "authorities" even used RICO to stop protesters at abortion providers.

Of course the irony of having to use that as a comparison here is quite thick...

TFred

Last edited:

SAvage410

From the number of posts I am seeing here it appears I will be alone on the 26th. I have been trying to figure out how I will get past an angry blockade of antis I am getting too old for fisticuffs but I do have a right to to go shopping and I will break the line to do so. So far I have no idea where the police stand on this. But with a state delegate leading the blockade it will be interesting.
Regards

My plan is to attend the Grand Opening as well. We shall have to see what sort of resistance transpires when we attempt entry into the shop itself.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
I also plan to attend the grand opening.

Shall we go as a group, or individually throughout the day.

We haven't had an OC lunch in Arlington in my memory....might be about time. I know of ONE place that is OC friendly not too far away, but it's also crowded. I'll see what else I can find.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
Tess - I knew I could count on you, Citizen as well. Thanks to the rest of you who plan to attend. The open carry group can always be counted on to stand for whats right.

If you want to meet someplace first I with you on that. I am considering parking some distance from the store because some of the antis seem a bit crazy. While I have no reason to expect trouble, I have lived in the area a long time and have been trapped in demonstrations before. if something gets started i don't want my car stuck in the area of the store as a target for destruction. Besides when I Want to leave, I want to leave.

That said i will be proud to stand with any of you to defend freedom and the Constitiion.

Regards

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Tess - I knew I could count on you, Citizen as well. Thanks to the rest of you who plan to attend. The open carry group can always be counted on to stand for whats right.

If you want to meet someplace first I with you on that. I am considering parking some distance from the store because some of the antis seem a bit crazy. While I have no reason to expect trouble, I have lived in the area a long time and have been trapped in demonstrations before. if something gets started i don't want my car stuck in the area of the store as a target for destruction. Besides when I Want to leave, I want to leave.

That said i will be proud to stand with any of you to defend freedom and the Constitiion.

Regards

Someplace first????? You don't know my family, do you? <grin> Getting them out of the house on a Saturday at 0800 for an 0900 opening is reserved for important things!

Okay, kidding. They may be amenable to that. I was thinking El Paso Cafe at 4235 N Pershing for lunch afterward. We've never had a problem OC there, but I haven't been in a few years. It is kind of cramped, but at midday should be doable. Do you know of other places, either for breakfast before or lunch afterward?

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
Can anybody give me names of "decent" hotels/motels with handicap access nearby?

If I attend it will be on the all-terrain gimpmobile (mobility scooter), riding from wherever I stay to the store and back again. I am guessing that availability of city sidewalks will be a given.

Thinking of putting the following sign on the seat back: "Criminals think I look like easy prey."

stay safe.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Can anybody give me names of "decent" hotels/motels with handicap access nearby?

If I attend it will be on the all-terrain gimpmobile (mobility scooter), riding from wherever I stay to the store and back again. I am guessing that availability of city sidewalks will be a given.

Thinking of putting the following sign on the seat back: "Criminals think I look like easy prey."

stay safe.

There's a Days Inn very close, but I can't quite picture it, so I can't speak at all to its accessibility for your needs. You might call them.

grylnsmn

If their opening had been 3 months ago, I would gladly be there as well. Sadly, 3000 miles is a bit of a long commute to get there from my new home.

Best of luck!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Pictures of all opposed and videos too, please - especially of any attempt to discourage entrance to do legitimate business therein.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
There's a Days Inn very close, but I can't quite picture it, so I can't speak at all to its accessibility for your needs. You might call them.

Reviews are pretty consistently barely 2 star.

How far away is the nearest Metro station?

stay safe.

HPmatt

Highlander motel is very clean 1950s holiday inn type - family run - I liked it very much - Kenmore & Wilson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk