• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Gun Store Threatened in Northern Virginia

blahpony

I went earlier. They may have filmed me handling some display guns. There were a few TV cameras there.

It was a bit crowded but that was at around 11am. I heard it was busier earlier.

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
I went earlier. They may have filmed me handling some display guns. There were a few TV cameras there.

It was a bit crowded but that was at around 11am. I heard it was busier earlier.

Much activity on the part of the Fascists? Wasn't their lie-in today? (I know, they lie all the time.)

blahpony

There was someone on the street with balloons and a sign about violence or some such. I didn't pay much attention to that person. There was a nice older lady that came in to talk. I didn't talk to her, but did overhear some of her talking. She wasn't rabid or anything. I talked to one the employees about her and he said she was fairly calm and willing to let people speak.

Every time I felt the need to go out front, there was a TV camera there so I just stayed inside.

user

Accomplished Advocate
The opening day was sufficiently well-attended that it appears the store will be able to remain in business, after all, despite the fervent attempts by disruptors to shut it down.

Apparently forewarned that their activities had resulted in consultation with an attorney, the disruptors elected to hold their "rally" at a local park a few blocks away. A church group had already arranged a big picnic there, and there were hundreds of people there for that purpose, with kids, balloons, and hot dogs, so the "rally" apparently consisted of a dozen disruptors and the politicians, who addressed the church picnic with amplified speeches for a while. One reporter was absolutely persuaded that the entire crowd was there for the protest rally, but several of the church-goers had no idea what all that gun store stuff was about - they were there for the picnic.

There will be further developments, will keep you posted when information can be made public.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Tess

Founder's Club Member
That story calls the shop "Nova Park Armory"

I thought it was "Nova Armory".

As opposed to Nova Firearms and Nova Armament ...

Getting so even those of us who care can't keep them straight.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Look at the first photograph of the ribbon cutting ceremony:

VCDO prez, PVC, would seem to be holding a weapon due to the juxtaposition of elements in that picture - finger on the trigger? The black object appears to really be a cell phone on the other gentleman's hip.

LOL :lol:

Not sure what you're seeing. I see Philip with a pair of scissors, and I see the ball of the stanchion in front of him. No?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Not sure what you're seeing. I see Philip with a pair of scissors, and I see the ball of the stanchion in front of him. No?

My first reaction is what I posted. I understand what the image really depicts.

HPmatt

Any more disturbances in the park? I guess the Armory is selling guns and ammo w determination in this Gammo desert?

"Gammo deserts" are defined as parts of the country vapid of fresh ammunition, firearms, and other cost-effective life-saving defensive aids, usually found in impoverished areas. This is largely due to ubiquitous unionized public schools, progressive state government leaders, and vestigial remnants from the slave-owning democrat party founders."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
New revelations and responses are in process. Stand by for these developments as the week progresses - think you will like them. :)

I am committed to silence at this point........wish I could remember about what. :p

bob888

I went to the grand opening also. Unfortunately, I wish I had visited this thread earlier so that I could have some fellowship with you all.

Anyhow, I ordered a Beretta 85FS nickel-plated and sold them an unused Glock 42, all one week later after the grand opening.

On the following Wednesday when the Cheetah came in, one of the employees there remarked how a cook from the next door Mediterranean restaurant came in an hour prior. This cook sarcastically asked if he could purchase several machine guns for himself. Sales clerk knew better and politely told the guy to go buzz off...

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I went to the grand opening also. Unfortunately, I wish I had visited this thread earlier so that I could have some fellowship with you all.

Anyhow, I ordered a Beretta 85FS nickel-plated and sold them an unused Glock 42, all one week later after the grand opening.

On the following Wednesday when the Cheetah came in, one of the employees there remarked how a cook from the next door Mediterranean restaurant came in an hour prior. This cook sarcastically asked if he could purchase several machine guns for himself. Sales clerk knew better and politely told the guy to go buzz off...
Sure he can - just come up with the $30,000+ each, submit paperwork & get approval including $200.00 tax each.

Wonder if the restaurant owner/manager knows what the cook is doing while on the clock? Definitely not being a good neighbor.

bob888

Sure he can - just come up with the $30,000+ each, submit paperwork & get approval including $200.00 tax each.

Wonder if the restaurant owner/manager knows what the cook is doing while on the clock? Definitely not being a good neighbor.

I am not sure about that restaurant, but I do know that there is a chiropractic clinic in one of the offices above them isn't a good neighbor.

This chiropractor has a habit of posting anti-gun leaflets and related stuff on her minivan, parked in front of the store on Pershing Dr.

Fortunately, she has been towed a few times for not feeding the meter of those spaces. Arlington County PD has some sort of ****-** for enforcing parking laws in that area...

--Mod note --
Insert the word "program" in place of deleted expression. Keep in mind that OCDO is a family friendly, publicly viewable site.

Last edited by a moderator:

user

Accomplished Advocate
I am not sure about that restaurant, but I do know that there is a chiropractic clinic in one of the offices above them isn't a good neighbor.

This chiropractor has a habit of posting anti-gun leaflets and related stuff on her minivan, parked in front of the store on Pershing Dr.

Fortunately, she has been towed a few times for not feeding the meter of those spaces. Arlington County PD has some sort of ****-** for enforcing parking laws in that area...

--Mod note --
Insert the word "program" in place of deleted expression. Keep in mind that OCDO is a family friendly, publicly viewable site.

Karen Taylor Soiles is apparently a licensed physical therapist - not a chiropractor - her car was towed because it was in the landlord's parking lot with printed material all over it in violation of her lease. It was privately towed, Arl. Co. P.D. were not involved. It seems it cost her $95 to get her car back and she's been badmouthing the landlord to the other tenants, and apparently induced some of them to leave. The landlord has been advised that this constitutes, "intentional interference with economic relations", in Virginia, for which Ms. Soiles may have to pay up for any loss in revenue to the landlord.

Lord Sega

(snip ... ) The landlord has been advised that this constitutes, "intentional interference with economic relations", in Virginia, for which Ms. Soiles may have to pay up for any loss in revenue to the landlord.

Can you disclose if her (the licensed physical therapist) actions have broken her lease and if the landlord is following up on this by kicking her out as well as taking her to court to recoupe his losses?

Eagerly awaiting any stories of the demonstrators going beyond the law with blockage of the business and/or blocking / assaulting customers attempting to enter, and that if so that there were either arrests and/or civil lawsuits involved.

If the store was just a bit closer (to Oregon) I'd have been there. I'm looking to buy either an AR-15 type and/or compact 9mm OC pistol... if I can justify after spending most of my tax return on home repair projects. =)

user

Accomplished Advocate
Can you disclose if her (the licensed physical therapist) actions have broken her lease and if the landlord is following up on this by kicking her out as well as taking her to court to recoupe his losses?

Eagerly awaiting any stories of the demonstrators going beyond the law with blockage of the business and/or blocking / assaulting customers attempting to enter, and that if so that there were either arrests and/or civil lawsuits involved.

If the store was just a bit closer (to Oregon) I'd have been there. I'm looking to buy either an AR-15 type and/or compact 9mm OC pistol... if I can justify after spending most of my tax return on home repair projects. =)

Her lease is up soon, anyway and will not be renewed, as I understand it. There were threats of obstruction but early observations about how that would be the subject of lawsuits seems to have gotten the disruptors to move the location of their "rally" - what's funny is that a church group had rented the community park for the day for their annual picnic, and a few of the disruptors horned in on the church picnic and addressed the crowd with amplified speeches. Some of the folks I talked to at the event had no idea what was going on because it had nothing to do with their church picnic. Turns out what the disruptors had been doing is telling the news media that all those people were at the park because of their anti-gun-shop rally. They were addressing the crowd pretending to be addressing supporters (!). "It's not funny, it's sad."

The store has a good website, http://www.novaarmory.com, you can buy something from them and have it shipped to an ffl in OH-ree-gon if you like.