• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Proposed: The Uniformed Carry Act of 2017

since9

Campaign Veteran
Here's a concept: UC, as in Uniformed Carry.

The issue arises even as the DoD recently enacted a few measures which fall woefully short of actually accomplishing anything with respect to increasing either safety or security on military bases.[SUP]1[/SUP]

The principle is simple: If you have been vetted and are now entrusted with the responsibility of donning a uniform of any kind (including a business suit) to serve our nation either directly or in its employ, you have EARNED any and all right to exercise your Second Amendment Rights on federal property.

I chose the 2017 year time frame because we know no ******* libtard Demoncrap anti-gunner communist would ever vote for this in the House or Senate, much less sign it into law in the Oval Office.

[SUP]1[/SUP]Oriana Powlik. (2016, February 8) More airmen to carry on base. Air Force Times. p. 16.

Last edited:

deanf

PS: Due to OCDO's incredibly rampant login recyclng time vastly exceeding all other known secure standards as recognized by ISO 9000 standards, I can't tell if I have posted this or not. Perhaps OCDO can back off three days of login timeout as per my 2013 recommendation and grow a better user base of members.

Huh? I don't have any problems.

solus

since9; snippp.. PS: Due to OCDO's incredibly rampant login recyclng time vastly exceeding all other known secure standards as recognized by ISO 9000 standards said:
fortunately the International Organization for Standardization doesn't give a rip about secure standards per se, unless they are mandated and implemented by the user then, as you are aware, they are implemented by process across the board for everyone.

me thinks you might wish to check you data link...

ipse

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is one of the biggest frauds ever perpetrated on American business. OK America, if you want to do business in Europe you must spend hundreds of thousands of dollars setting bogus standards to satisfy some nebulous self imposed standard operating procedure. Then when setting that standard, the business self imposes that is can only do business with other ISO members.

Years ago I had a major corp. come to me wanting me to build a machine to do a special test on a jet engine for the military. They had to have the machine in three weeks. I had to be ISO certified. I laughed in their face and told them not to let the door hit them in the butt when they left. A machine to do what they wanted had never been built. And to design, build and test in three weeks was by their engineering process was a six month to a year process. All the other build shops sent them to me. After three days of them ringing their hands on what to do, they wrote a special procedure to go outside standard ISO procedure. Love it. Nothing like dealing with highly educated idiots.

OC for ME

For instance I was allowed to direct the replacement of a blown fuse twice without determining the root cause. Chemistry adjustments were at the discretion of the shift provided limits were not exceeded. Some small error between actual and estimated start-up critical rod position was allowed.
How many techs does it take to replace a fuse...

...insignificant failures are not failures due to their insignificance...;)

solus

My industry was not ISO 9000 compliant, though it may now be since I retired, but the International Organization for Standardization did come to it to learn how we accomplished our historic and monumental task of 6500 reactor-years of safe operation. Would you complain so of being required to MIL-SPEC, or ANSI, or DIN, or ITU, or IETF standards? They're like orthography and grammar, not for amateurs.

The lesson conveyed from NNPP was to write a procedure for every critical operation, require compliance, evaluate every significant failure and rewrite the procedure to prevent reoccurrence.

you are correct the ISO process/audit/ancillary documentation has its own merit with rhyme and verse.

unfortunately, or fortunately based on your perspective the industry never went into certification/registration mode but stuck with their loosy goosy appendix B to part 50. those that enforced the provisions wore black hats and were tyrant mandating expectations which caused overruns and ran up costs beyond belief...thank goodness DoE allowed some grace by stating non-safety could be ISO registered so the black hat pukes couldn't run roughshod on commercial entities.

sadly the black hats are tightly in control so the enterprises are paying dearly which is passed to the consumers.

ipse

solus

How many techs does it take to replace a fuse...

...insignificant failures are not failures due to their insignificance...;)

now put your statement in context of a safety related nuclear power plant, or aging dam, or high speed train, or aeroplane...or

you had the failure!! why did you? was the quality of the product affected? how do we correct the failure? will it happen again? if so can the failure be prevented/mitigated? is this an opportunity for a process improvement?

why why why why meetings are conducted...and documented for posterity and the auditors.

ipse

carolina guy

The issue arises even as the DoD recently enacted a few measures which fall woefully short of actually accomplishing anything with respect to increasing either safety or security on military bases.[SUP]1[/SUP]

The principle is simple: If you have been vetted and are now entrusted with the responsibility of donning a uniform of any kind (including a business suit) to serve our nation either directly or in its employ, you have EARNED any and all right to exercise your Second Amendment Rights on federal property.

I chose the 2017 year time frame because we know no ******* libtard Demoncrap anti-gunner communist would ever vote for this in the House or Senate, much less sign it into law in the Oval Office.

[SUP]1[/SUP]Oriana Powlik. (2016, February 8) More airmen to carry on base. Air Force Times. p. 16.

PS: Due to OCDO's incredibly rampant login recyclng time vastly exceeding all other known secure standards as recognized by ISO 9000 standards, I can't tell if I have posted this or not. Perhaps OCDO can back off three days of login timeout as per my 2013 recommendation and grow a better user base of members.

What kind of slave think is necessary to consider that one has to "earn" the right to defend one's self?

solus

The issue arises even as the DoD recently enacted a few measures which fall woefully short of actually accomplishing anything with respect to increasing either safety or security on military bases.[SUP]1 [/SUP][SUP]1[/SUP]Oriana Powlik. (2016, February 8) More airmen to carry on base. Air Force Times. p. 16.

did you even read the AF Times article, if you did and failed to pull this unbelievable gem out shame on you!!

quote: Maj. Keith Quick, Air Force Security Forces Integrated Defense action officer, said in the release.... ...the service looked at active-shooter statistics across the country and many incidents “ended without police intervention because there was somebody there who had a concealed carry permit or somebody interdicted the active shooter. unquote. http://www.airforcetimes.com/story/...looks-increase-armed-presence-bases/79076504/

it is amazing someone finally outside of gun industry, or fanatic, and without any possible personal benefit makes this outstanding statement.

THE SERVICE LOOKED AT....wow.

ipse

added...the AF Times article was reprinted on Military.com http://www.military.com/daily-news/...authorized-conceal-carry-open-carry-base.html

Last edited:

cabledawg

You know the funny part about all of this, the only person stopping me from carrying on base and in uniform is...........my wing commander. No generals, not the DoD or even the Feds. It's my commander. It's one little sentence buried in a 400 page local instruction that took me months to find. But it's there and truly the only thing that tells me I cant carry on base.

since9

Campaign Veteran
You know the funny part about all of this, the only person stopping me from carrying on base and in uniform is...........my wing commander. No generals, not the DoD or even the Feds. It's my commander. It's one little sentence buried in a 400 page local instruction that took me months to find. But it's there and truly the only thing that tells me I cant carry on base.

The part about the individual who makes the final decision being your wing commander is indeed just as true today as it was 26 years ago. If you'll take another look at those 400 pages, you may find, as I did, an allowance for him to make exceptions on a case-by-case basis, usually involving direct and credible threats from other people.

What you won't find in that reg, however, are policy letters on high, ones directed towards the base/wing/port commander level and none lower. I have no doubt that at least one of them directs base/wing/port commanders to enact a local no carry policy by anyone other than military law enforcement and duly trained/authorized contract law enforcement, as well as by the few exceptions as noted above.

By the way, if anyone got the impression that I am only advocating for active duty uniformed personnel to carry on base, you're wrong. I am also, however, not advocating the military open all bases wide open to civilian access or carry.

I advocate that any past or present member of the U.S. Armed Forces in good standing or with an honorable discharge and meeting other basic qualifications (i.e. no felonies) be allowed to carry on base.

As for off-base, away from key national resources worth hundreds of millions, if not billions of dollars, I believe in Constitutional carry.

davidmcbeth

Banned

I'd give my 2 weeks notice immediately.