Thread: Lobbying ??

Question Lobbying ??

For the bills sitting on or about to go to the Governor's desk, is there anything that can be done to increase the chances of signature.

Specifically I'm thinking about HB 560 - Brandishing. Will the Governor sign it? Should I call? Are there other bills that have a chance?

Yes, call his office. Short and sweet message encouraging him to sign.

Some aide will put a check mark in the Y or N column and pass him the report of which way the wind is blowing.

Some folks think a 30-second phone call is not worth much. That's not true.

stay safe.
    "He'll regret it to his dying day....if ever he lives that long."----The Quiet Man

Because stupidity isn't a race, and everybody can win.

"No matter how much contempt you have for the media in all this, you don't have enough"
    ----Allahpundit

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Of course it makes a difference. Sometimes huge, sometimes not as much.

Consider the alternative, doing nothing. That is tantamount to abandoning the field of battle before the fight has begun. Don't leave it to Mikey to do it.
    In order of effectiveness: email, snail mail, phone call, personal visit, and developing a positive relationship with members of the general assembly.

By subscribing to VCDL's Va-Alert, you will be notified of major action that needs attention.

Consider joining VCDL, the best grassroots organization in the country.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-09-2016 at 07:49 AM. Reason: fixed it
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

The order of effectiveness is well correlated with the ease of dismissal; e-mail (delete), telephone call (lie/hang up), USPS (postcard, first class letter, certified-return-receipt-required), and positive personal relationship is the order that I was taught.

GRGRSC's favorite weapon was synchronized mass-mailing of brightly colored postcards. We would go by the outer offices in the Statehouse to see desks over-flowing with thousands of cards obviously ours. 3000 was a typical response.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    All good answ3rs. Of course his mind is 95% made up long ago...but he can be influenced l. Skidmark and Grapeshot gave the down and dirty method.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The order of effectiveness is well correlated with the ease of dismissal; e-mail (delete), telephone call (lie/hang up), USPS (postcard, first class letter, certified-return-receipt-required), and positive personal relationship is the order that I was taught.

GRGRSC's favorite weapon was synchronized mass-mailing of brightly colored postcards. We would go by the outer offices in the Statehouse to see desks over-flowing with thousands of cards obviously ours. 3000 was a typical response.
    as stated previously...this group is a 'WAS' entity pure and simple

as Ms Jackson stated, "what have you done for me LAT.. LY?" said as Ms Jackson dances emulating the final dance scene in Michael's famous 'Thriller' .

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain