Thread: Specifically, in what PUBLICLY OWNED zoos in your state can one carry?

Specifically, in what PUBLICLY OWNED zoos in your state can one carry?

I'm currently engaged in a lawsuit against the St. Louis Zoo: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...al-help-needed

It would be helpful for me to provide a specific list to my attorney ASAP - of publicly-owned zoos where carry is legal.

Would knowledgeable people please list the publicly-owned zoos where carry is legal in your state, and if possible, provide a link to the Zoo's website?

THANK YOU.

Prior, helpful thread: http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...n-a-PUBLIC-Zoo

I have combed through the prior, non-specific thread, and will pick up what I can from there, but PLEASE LIST zoos here that may not have been listed there.

Thank you.
    Last edited by BB62; 03-08-2016 at 01:11 PM.

Woodland park zoo, point defiance zoo

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Woodland park zoo, point defiance zoo

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

I'm told the Denver Zoo allows it, but they won't publish their policy very visibly. I'm of the understanding that they will fax it to somebody upon request. But that information is a few years old. I can say that I've found nothing on their site about firearms at all, and I don't recall any signs from my last visit (about two years ago).

Centurion
    http://www.hoglezoo.org/

The above is the link to a zoo in the State of Utah, it is a part of the Salt Lake County Parks system and is supported in part by the ZAP tax (for Zoo, Arts, and Parks). As a subunit of the Government they are prohibited by state law from having or enforcing ANY rule, law, regulation, or policy inhibiting the carry, possession, or ownership of firearms.

Several years ago I have personally OPEN CARRIED without objection or harassment from any zoo employee or patron!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 03-09-2016 at 11:47 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by jackrockblc View Post
    I'm told the Denver Zoo allows it, but they won't publish their policy very visibly. I'm of the understanding that they will fax it to somebody upon request. But that information is a few years old. I can say that I've found nothing on their site about firearms at all, and I don't recall any signs from my last visit (about two years ago).
    Is the Denver Zoo public, and what are the laws in CO regarding CC or OC in public buildings?

Thank you, and thanks to JoeSparky also.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Is the Denver Zoo public, and what are the laws in CO regarding CC or OC in public buildings?

Thank you, and thanks to JoeSparky also.
    BB62, the Denver zoo is located in the county and city of Denver proper which is, as discussed on this forum till the pigs came home and were made into bacon, a NO OC county & city.

decided judicially in 2003: just one part presented.
    DRMC §39-9 prohibiting firearms in parks:A. Remains valid and enforceable by the City in regard to all firearms other than concealed handguns carried with a permit, and is not preempted by C.R.S. §29-11.7-103 (2003);

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Media...v3809order.pdf

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-10-2016 at 09:25 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    BB62, the Denver zoo is located in the county and city of Denver proper which is, as discussed on this forum till the pigs came home and were made into bacon, a NO OC county & city.

decided judicially in 2003: just one part presented.
    DRMC §39-9 prohibiting firearms in parks:A. Remains valid and enforceable by the City in regard to all firearms other than concealed handguns carried with a permit, and is not preempted by C.R.S. §29-11.7-103 (2003);

https://www.courts.state.co.us/Media...v3809order.pdf

ipse
    Okay, so what about CC in zoo buildings?

2/30/2015 10:14:12 AM MST

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...oncealed-carry which states in passing:

quote: Scholz said the decision also aligned the museum with its peers at the Denver Art Museum and Denver Zoo, which already allow concealed carry.

whew...what a pain to find current information.

that work for ya?

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

2/30/2015 10:14:12 AM MST

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...oncealed-carry which states in passing:

quote: Scholz said the decision also aligned the museum with its peers at the Denver Art Museum and Denver Zoo, which already allow concealed carry.

whew...what a pain to find current information.

that work for ya?

ipse
    As you may, or may not know, the reason I've asked for help on threads such as these is that I need it. Many hands make light work.

That work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    As you may, or may not know, the reason I've asked for help on threads such as these is that I need it. Many hands make light work.

That work for you?
    no, the comment did that info work for you, and presented from a 'did that short blimp in the newspaper meet your need or do i need to search further' type of comment.....i am aware of your need, why i assisted...

ipse

no, the comment did that info work for you, and presented from a 'did that short blimp in the newspaper meet your need or do i need to search further' type of comment.....i am aware of your need, why i assisted...

ipse
    Yes, thank you, it works for me. It would have worked even better without the "whew...what a pain to find current information" comment.

If you're of a mind to help further, I could really use specific information such as all the publicly-owned zoos in FL, and specifically elsewhere (iow, other specific zoos in other states) where state preemption means that one can carry in government owned buildings.

Thank you.

Specifically, in what PUBLICLY OWNED zoos in your state can one carry?
    For Georgia, any and all Publicly Owned zoos per OCGA 16-11-173 which gives the state preemption and 16-11-127 which lists the unauthorized locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Fallschirmjäger View Post
    For Georgia, any and all Publicly Owned zoos per OCGA 16-11-173 which gives the state preemption and 16-11-127 which lists the unauthorized locations.
    Thank you, but again, I simply can't do all the research required in the allotted time - which is why I've asked those with such knowledge to specifically identify publicly owned zoos where carry is legal.