• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Federal Agents failed to disclose shots fired at Oregon standoff

utbagpiper

Banned
When will people learn the #1 rule from the Nixon era? The cover-up is almost always worse than the original crime.

Seems federal agents fired two shots (found so far) during the traffic stop that resulted in the death of Arizona Rancher Robert "LaVoy" Finicum who was killed by Oregon State police.

If the shots were justified, why not disclose them?

And then there is the question of the FBI Hostage Rescue Team (didn't know there were any hostages involved) sharp shooters having an off day and missing their target.

One might even wonder if shots fired by the FBI without the knowledge of the Oregon State Police, caused the State officers to think that one of the ranchers was shooting at them.

Reported at the KSL TV website among others, I'm sure. (No registration required to read article or comments)

Excerpts:

FBI agents involved in the traffic stop that led to the killing of one of the armed occupiers of an Oregon wildlife refuge are under investigation for not disclosing they fired shots that missed Robert "LaVoy" Finicum, authorities said Tuesday.

Oregon State Police fired the three rounds that killed the Arizona rancher during a confrontation with authorities on a remote road, Oregon law enforcement officials said at a news conference in Bend.

But the results of an independent investigation by Oregon authorities found the troopers were justified in shooting Finicum because he failed to heed their commands and repeatedly reached for his weapon, Malheur County District Attorney Dan Norris said.

The investigators discovered members of an FBI hostage rescue team who were at the scene failed to disclose they fired two rounds.

Charles

F350

The investigators discovered members of an FBI hostage rescue team who were at the scene failed to disclose they fired two rounds.

What is it with the FBI Hostage Execution Team snipers???? Who remembers FBI snipers Lon Horiuchi and Dale Monroe?????

since9

Campaign Veteran
Search for the cell phone video taken by the occupants of Finicum's SUV. It shows the first two shots were fired less than one second after he exits the vehicle with his hands held high.

I suspect his gripping of his left side was a nearly irrepressible reaction to his having been shot upon exit.

Furthermore, the chain of evidence behind "his" supposed firearm indicates it was an FBI plant.

The entire handling of this is so sloppy as to almost be beyond belief. I'm wondering if the FBI simply took pity on the inept Oregon State Police officers and "lent a helping hand" to help cover it up, which is only sucking them into the muck and mire.

Regardless, like Ruby Ridge and Waco, this has all the earmarks of a comedy of errors.