Thread: Madison Metro Transit CCW ban under review by SCOWI

Madison Metro Transit CCW ban under review by SCOWI

Howard Schweber, University of Wisconsin associate professor of political science and legal studies, said the safety implications of carrying a firearm in a public place, including a city bus, provide an innate argument for anti-concealed carry policy.

“The counterargument [to allowing concealed weapons on buses] is simply carrying a gun concealed in public and carrying a gun in a specific location like on a bus,” Schweber said.”

https://badgerherald.com/news/2016/0...supreme-court/

The dialectic of thesis-antithesis-synthesis is a failed syllogism, the larger subject of Karl Popper's The Open Society and Its Enemies.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

A civil rights issue? LOL for infinity.

Philisophical BS or Civil Liberty ???

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Howard Schweber, University of Wisconsin associate professor of political science and legal studies, said the safety implications of carrying a firearm in a public place, including a city bus, provide an innate argument for anti-concealed carry policy.

“The counterargument [to allowing concealed weapons on buses] is simply carrying a gun concealed in public and carrying a gun in a specific location like on a bus,” Schweber said.”

The dialectic of thesis-antithesis-synthesis is a failed syllogism, the larger subject of Karl Popper's The Open Society and Its Enemies.

Not sure what to think of his philosophy, changing innate to the synonym instinctive and it reads a little different to me. Is he saying he would advocate a different method of carry or is he inferring concealed carry is a safety risk to the public?

Howard Schweber, University of Wisconsin associate professor of political science and legal studies, said the safety implications of carrying a firearm in a public place,
    including a city bus, provide an [innate] instinctive argument for anti-concealed carry policy.

Howard Schweber on Civil Liberties

~Whitney
    The problem with America is stupidity.
    I'm not saying there should be capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?

Read the very last line of the article very closely.

Who knew?

Wisconsin's compendium of gun rights case law is slim. I imagine for being a traditionally pro-gun and open carry state.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Also makes the supreme court race in April even more important.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

He is trying to dictate that the only way to carry in a bus is concealment. If this is true for carrying on a bus, then.. well heck it must apply everywhere. Maybe he thinks OCers are power mongers trying to project their power by OCing. If he believes that statement, it's bunk. He is also equating 2a to a policy. Babble on professor.
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-09-2016 at 05:29 PM.