Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pawn Stars Chumlee Arrested on Drug and Weapons Charges

Pawn Stars Chumlee Arrested on Drug and Weapons Charges

I only see "several guns" found. Do the charges relate directly drugs found?

http://www.inquisitr.com/2872829/paw...raid-breaking/
    Hoka hey

From what I heard on the TV news (great source of journalism) that he was a prohibited person already.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West

This is the part from the article that seems to at least be reporting the charges:
    The Pawn Star (his real name is Austin L. Russell) is facing very serious charges. According to Complex, police nailed him with 19 counts of drug possession. He was also charged with “owning or possessing a gun by a prohibited person."
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-10-2016 at 12:26 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    This is the part from the article that seems to at least be reporting the charges:
    The Pawn Star (his real name is Austin L. Russell) is facing very serious charges. According to Complex, police nailed him with 19 counts of drug possession. He was also charged with “owning or possessing a gun by a prohibited person."
    Would appear that Chumlee is on an express slide to changing his living accommodations and ability to continue his chosen profession.

With the quantity he is alleged to possess, the charges could be upgraded to dealing.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-10-2016 at 12:48 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Good case of stupid is as stupid does....

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Good case of stupid is as stupid does....
    I'm sure I saw a segment of Pawn Stars where Chumlee was firing a gun. Can't locate it now.

Does anyone else recall it?
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-10-2016 at 09:11 AM. Reason: fixed
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I'm sure I saw a segment of Pawn Stars where Chumlee was firing a gun. Can't locate it now.

There are a number of episodes of Chumlee shooting guns.

I could not find any news story from the past where it says that Austin Russell (Chumlee) was convicted of a felony, domestic violence or anything that would prohibit from him owning or using a gun.

There was a bogus news story saying that he was caught with 7 pounds of marijuana in 2013.

Edit: It was when that story that he died was circulating

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/chumlee.asp

If he was a prohibited person, and shot firearms off on the show. Then I'm sure someone out of millions of viewers would have called the authorities. To my knowledge, that never happened.
    Last edited by Midwest; 03-10-2016 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Additional Information
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Would the amount of drugs found be a felony crime and thus having a gun, or two or three, be what they are referring to? I don't know. MO has a few of these types of bogus laws.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

http://blogs.findlaw.com/blotter/201...ding-guns.html
    "I'm just a no-account screed-peddler" Dave Workman http://goo.gl/CNf6pB

"We ought to extend the [1994] assault weapons ban" George W Bush

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

"Guns are an abomination." Richard Nixon

He fired "antique" weapons on numerous episodes.
    Rick is always very specific about not purchasing "non-antique" class weapons.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

Regular Member twoskinsonemanns's Avatar
    Is a mere accusation enough to get a warrant?
    "I support the ban on assault weapons" - Donald Trump

We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission - Ayn Rand

I remember seeing them shoot at a range a few times. Once they had a so called clay pigeon competition at the Clark County Shooting range Chumlee and Corey showed up with tactical shotguns and Rick showed up with a skeet gun. Guess who won? Wouldn’t that be something if Chumlee did have a felony charge and seen shooting a shotgun after broadcasted worldwide?

Isn't there some kind of site that shows the official record of what exactly he is charged with?

Does Nevada law actually state that if caught with illegal drugs the person automatically becomes a prohibited person?

The news media doesn't always get it right.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    ..Does Nevada law actually state that if caught with illegal drugs the person automatically becomes a prohibited person?...
    I doubt it. Wouldn't the status depend on a conviction or a temporary court order?
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    I doubt it. Wouldn't the status depend on a conviction or a temporary court order?
    Probably, but some may be confused about certain "he had a weapon while jaywalking" enhancements making the original crime violation a weapons offense!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 03-11-2016 at 10:00 PM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by 28kfps View Post
    Wouldn’t that be something if Chumlee did have a felony charge and seen shooting a shotgun after broadcasted worldwide?
    Yeah.

He'd be exercising the same Constitutionally protected Right that he could have from 1788 to 1965.

That worked good for 177 years.

"The Bush Administration declared a permanent ban today on almost all foreign-made semiautomatic assault rifles." George Bush Sr, New York Times on July 8, 1989

"I support the Brady bill and I urge the Congress to enact it without delay." Ronald Regan.

Need more background checks. They are curbing crime. 80,000 people who were denied a firearm in 2012 due to a failed background check, 44 were prosecuted. Doesn't that sound like a success?

The other problem is that bail is set at $62,000.
    But Rick is standing firm at $300, final offer, but that's in hundred dollar bills, cash.
    Take it or leave it...
    "Guns are not the problem … crazy is the problem” ... “We cannot legislate our society to the craziest amongst us.” - Jon Stewart
    “I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend." - Tolkien

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sega View Post
    The other problem is that bail is set at $62,000.
    But Rick is standing firm at $300, final offer, but that's in hundred dollar bills, cash.
    Take it or leave it...
    That's why I always carry around $63,000 .... $62K for bail and $1K for a fine dinner after I get sprung .. maybe with my jail-house girl friend.

Drugs ... guns .. who cares really....not guilty on those counts would be my decision.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-12-2016 at 07:27 AM.

What are some good free sites to look this up? Seems everyone is a pay only site.

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    What are some good free sites to look this up? Seems everyone is a pay only site.
    Google is your friend.

Google is your friend.
    Enemy

Google is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_pro2a View Post
    Enemy
    Use your enemy to your best advantage.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-12-2016 at 09:06 PM.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...tcmp=obnetwork

I still haven't seen any evidence of him being a prohibited person for possessing firearms.

Note that his arrest and all current charges are solely for possession of drugs (meth and pot) and a firearm, in his own home. Nothing yet that was bothering anyone else.

That said, there is still a pending investigation into a sexual assault, which is why they came to his house.

BUT, did he just invite them in? Were they serving an actual search warrant?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast