• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pawn Stars Chumlee Arrested on Drug and Weapons Charges

garand_guy

From what I heard on the TV news (great source of journalism) that he was a prohibited person already.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
This is the part from the article that seems to at least be reporting the charges:
The Pawn Star (his real name is Austin L. Russell) is facing very serious charges. According to Complex, police nailed him with 19 counts of drug possession. He was also charged with “owning or possessing a gun by a prohibited person."

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
This is the part from the article that seems to at least be reporting the charges:
The Pawn Star (his real name is Austin L. Russell) is facing very serious charges. According to Complex, police nailed him with 19 counts of drug possession. He was also charged with “owning or possessing a gun by a prohibited person."
Would appear that Chumlee is on an express slide to changing his living accommodations and ability to continue his chosen profession.

With the quantity he is alleged to possess, the charges could be upgraded to dealing.

Last edited:

Midwest

I could not find any news story from the past where it says that Austin Russell (Chumlee) was convicted of a felony, domestic violence or anything that would prohibit from him owning or using a gun.

There was a bogus news story saying that he was caught with 7 pounds of marijuana in 2013.

Edit: It was when that story that he died was circulating

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/chumlee.asp

If he was a prohibited person, and shot firearms off on the show. Then I'm sure someone out of millions of viewers would have called the authorities. To my knowledge, that never happened.

Last edited:

OC for ME

Would the amount of drugs found be a felony crime and thus having a gun, or two or three, be what they are referring to? I don't know. MO has a few of these types of bogus laws.

Shovelhead

He fired "antique" weapons on numerous episodes.
Rick is always very specific about not purchasing "non-antique" class weapons.

28kfps

I remember seeing them shoot at a range a few times. Once they had a so called clay pigeon competition at the Clark County Shooting range Chumlee and Corey showed up with tactical shotguns and Rick showed up with a skeet gun. Guess who won? Wouldn’t that be something if Chumlee did have a felony charge and seen shooting a shotgun after broadcasted worldwide?

Midwest

Isn't there some kind of site that shows the official record of what exactly he is charged with?

Does Nevada law actually state that if caught with illegal drugs the person automatically becomes a prohibited person?

The news media doesn't always get it right.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
..Does Nevada law actually state that if caught with illegal drugs the person automatically becomes a prohibited person?...

I doubt it. Wouldn't the status depend on a conviction or a temporary court order?

Dave_pro2a

Wouldn’t that be something if Chumlee did have a felony charge and seen shooting a shotgun after broadcasted worldwide?

Yeah.

He'd be exercising the same Constitutionally protected Right that he could have from 1788 to 1965.

That worked good for 177 years.

Lord Sega

The other problem is that bail is set at $62,000.
But Rick is standing firm at $300, final offer, but that's in hundred dollar bills, cash.
Take it or leave it...

davidmcbeth

Banned
The other problem is that bail is set at $62,000.
But Rick is standing firm at $300, final offer, but that's in hundred dollar bills, cash.
Take it or leave it...

That's why I always carry around $63,000 .... $62K for bail and $1K for a fine dinner after I get sprung .. maybe with my jail-house girl friend.

Drugs ... guns .. who cares really....not guilty on those counts would be my decision.

Last edited: