Thread: Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge

Gatlinburg & Pigeon Forge

In a few weeks, we will make our annual pilgrimage to Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge. We have a few “Favorite” restaurants that we will visit like Best Italian, Bennetts BBQ and Applewood for Breakfast. I would like to try something new, any recommendations?

We stay in Gatlinburg and walk most everywhere we go unless we go Hiking in the Smokey Mountains or go to Pigeon Forge. Any establishments that are anti 2nd amendment?

I’m well aware of the laws. Mostly looking for new ideas for restaurants… We are foodies LOL!
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

Don't specifically go to a certain restaraunt, but i carry when i go there. Of course, some establishments won't let you carry. Don't go enough to pick any out.

The cost of doing business in Sevier County's tourist Mecca is so high that one is unlikely to find other than tried and true franchise chains.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Harpoon Harry's is new this year, Alamo Steak House, on 411 at the junction of Veterans Parkway (just west of veterans on 411) is Holston's Kitchen. The Peddler Steak House is just south of Bennett's Bar- B-Q on River rd. in G'burg, Smoky Mountain Brewery, Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, Huck Finn's, JT Hannah's.........

Oh yeah, The Island complex in Pigeon Forge now has a Margaritaville and a Paula Deen's along with a Dick's Last Resort and a Mellow Mushroom. Lots of GOOD choices and not all are national chain types. I also can't say if some of these are posted. The ones I have been to are not and posted businesses are not all that common I have found.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken56 View Post
    Harpoon Harry's is new this year, Alamo Steak House, on 411 at the junction of Veterans Parkway (just west of veterans on 411) is Holston's Kitchen. The Peddler Steak House is just south of Bennett's Bar- B-Q on River rd. in G'burg, Smoky Mountain Brewery, Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, Huck Finn's, JT Hannah's.........
    The Old Mill and across the street at the Old Mill Cafe!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The cost of doing business in Sevier County's tourist Mecca is so high that one is unlikely to find other than tried and true franchise chains.
    And, doesn't TN label Pigeon Forge/Sevierville an "entertainment tax" district in order to $crew the touristas?

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    And, doesn't TN label Pigeon Forge/Sevierville an "entertainment tax" district in order to $crew the touristas?
    I think that I do remember Milady Wife commenting on the exceptionally long itemization of the taxes on our receipts after an on-the-road overnight, but I was busy with the mind boggling traffic.

This thread started with self-proclaimed foodies' plea for new restaurants. Sevier County serves only Reubens, a.k.a., rubes. As was said of circuses', like Sevier County, customers, there's one born every minute.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Been to Old Mill several times in the past and no complaints. The last time we were in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Paula Deans was still under construction.
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine

On your way in or out, I would stop at Parton's BBQ in Seymour, good food, and are my kind of people. A couple of pictures of the signs they have posted...

I like it! Unfortunately we won't be traveling through there but will keep it in mind.

Thanks

Thomas Paine