Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 26

Thread: Surprise nuclear strike, who did it? Discrete Oculus sensor array

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156

    Surprise nuclear strike, who did it? Discrete Oculus sensor array

    The most likely nuclear terrorism scenario, experts say, is a bomb set off on a city street. Past experience offers only a sketchy picture of the resulting devastation. The atomic bombs the United States dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945 detonated about 500 meters above those cities. During the subsequent half-century, while the United States refined its atomic arsenal, nearly all tests were in the air or underground, not in citylike environments. Researchers did study fallout and how it forms, but they were seeking clues about how to prevent or alleviate radiation illness, not identify the perpetrator. “Scientists were not interested in figuring out what kind of device had detonated, because they already knew that,” says analytical chemist Michael Kristo, a nuclear forensics expert at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California.

    http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2016/...out-who-did-it

    http://glasstone.blogspot.it/2006/03...pace.html?m=1#!
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  2. #2
    Regular Member Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO VA, ,
    Posts
    355
    The biggest threat is from a dirty bomb spreading radioactive material via conventional explosives, not a fission device, set off in a major populated area.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 03-13-2016 at 08:01 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    The biggest threat is from a dirty bomb spreading radioactive material via conventional explosives, not a fission device, set off in a major populated area.
    You don't know what you are talking about.

    A dirty bomb easy enough to make is easy enough to clean up. A dirty bomb difficult to clean up is as difficult to make as a fission device. Learn about Mass Specific Activity. If it was so easy then everyone would do it.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  4. #4
    Regular Member Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO VA, ,
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    You don't know what you are talking about.

    A dirty bomb easy enough to make is easy enough to clean up. A dirty bomb difficult to clean up is as difficult to make as a fission device. Learn about Mass Specific Activity. If it was so easy then everyone would do it.
    You must be right.
    I only work in an anti-terrorism role.
    I'm not informed.
    I bow to your superior intellect.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 03-13-2016 at 09:35 PM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

  5. #5
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    You must be right.
    I only work in the NCR in an anti-terrorism role.
    I'm not informed.
    no, sorry you are not, you are brainwashed to believe the rhetoric to keep you in a heighten state of anxiety so you won't hesitate to use deadly force to 'defend' the resources if told by your superiour(s).

    the NCR has been leading the public down the red brick path over the greatest majority of years that their greatest threat is by terrorism...like Bush, Chaney, Rumsfeld et al., mislead the american public with WMD in the middle east...

    it were so, and you and your team mates truly believe you are the only reason there has not been a terrorist attack on a plant...what about the other plants around the world...really...where is your reality as you have been duped...

    open your eyes, Japan has had three nuclear power plant accidents since 1999. The most recent one, in 2011 at the Fukushima Nuclear Power Plant, occurred after a 9.0-magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami damaged cooling systems, not the crux of the failure but what the public has been told and as any great lie, they believe...when you put your back up gensets below sea-level in a basement environment it makes it tough to get power going so you can get power to the circulating pumps to keep the rods covered and cool.

    so please, please defend the facilities when the massive earthquake hits our aging nuclear power plants and the water leaves the containment field(s)...then you keep believing.

    oh by the way, if you haven't been told by your handlers...disposing of one's outer clothing can remove up to 90% of radioactive material after a nuclear disaster.

    your band of merry men and women are strictly eyewash and part of the great lie...

    ipse

    added: notice even wiki -just for you nightmare- state the following about three mile island, quote :The accident began with failures in the non-nuclear secondary system, yet nothing else is mentioned about those failures. get your terrorist band of rowdies together and fight off these problems.

    Last edited by solus; 03-13-2016 at 10:03 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  6. #6
    Regular Member Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO VA, ,
    Posts
    355
    I sure am glad we have internet boards full of experts to keep us silly people informed.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

  7. #7
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    your role shovel head is to defend with deadly force...defend what? against whom? plant take over? really to stop someone from steal rods? getting into the control center? have you asked about the probability of the exercises you play in what are the realistic statistics this could happen? have you stopped and asked and throught about why this hasn't occurred in other plants across the world with lessor security forces in place? anti terrorist teams aren't needed...or they would be in place in Iran, Pakistan, S Africa, ad nauseam...only our hyped up NRC great lie believes the hordes are coming...

    the contingency force planning to take material would require such planning and manpower to contain, store, maintain and that dealing with a gaggle of anti terrorist swat teams would be secondary...

    sorry the greatest threat to our plants is the human frailty of the people who operate them as proven by every event that has occurred at a plant around the world.

    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-13-2016 at 10:21 PM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  8. #8
    Regular Member Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO VA, ,
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    your role shovel head is to defend with deadly force...defend what?
    ipse
    We don't "guard" NRC material.
    We have nothing to do with the NRC.
    I don't work around a nuke plant, or radioactive material.
    We cover a much larger area, against a much different threat.
    But doesn't make us blind or uninformed regarding other threats.
    Last edited by Shovelhead; 03-14-2016 at 07:10 AM.
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    You must be right. I only work in an anti-terrorism role. I'm not informed. You I bow to your superior intellect.
    ... And education, training and experience.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  10. #10
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    We don't "guard" NRC material.
    We have nothing to do with the NRC.
    I don't work around a nuke plant, or radioactive material.
    We cover a much larger area, against a much different threat.
    But doesn't make us blind or uninformed regarding other threats.
    große Lüge is alive and well...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  11. #11
    Regular Member Shovelhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NO VA, ,
    Posts
    355
    Wayne and Garth said it best.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Were-not-Worthy.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	32.5 KB 
ID:	13031  
    Assault Weapon (N) “Any firearm whose design disturbs the sleep of progressive politicians.”.

  12. #12
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    große Lüge is alive and well...ipse
    The mainstream Große Lüge is alive and well as common sense.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  13. #13
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    The mainstream Große Lüge is alive and well as common sense.
    jawhol, herr nightmare

    selbst
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  14. #14
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by Shovelhead View Post
    The biggest threat is from a dirty bomb spreading radioactive material via conventional explosives, not a fission device, set off in a major populated area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    A dirty bomb easy enough to make is easy enough to clean up. A dirty bomb difficult to clean up is as difficult to make as a fission device.
    I think the biggest threat--bomb-wise--is whether or not you can convince the un-educated population--thems that accept "The China Syndrome" as a documentary and so are terrified of commercial nuclear power plants--that you have actually cleaned up the area after the bomb goes off.

    What happens to the nation when workers refuse to enter the city and our major stock markets, banking, or other financial institutions shut down?

    My biggest fear is not any form of nuclear bomb, but rather a couple of 50 gallon drums of semi-nasty chemicals inserted into the water supply of a major city or two. For that matter, a couple of empty drums left in a water treatment plant next to the deceased night workers with posts about the nasty but hard to detect chemicals posted onto social media and sent to real media. What happens when the residents of a couple of major cities believe that their water isn't safe to drink, maybe not even safe to use for sanitation?

    Next on my list of concerns is a few shots from a .22 into insulators at substations. Take out a few substations in the right part of the nation at the height of summer-time power usage and you can probably bring down the grid along major sections of the Eastern Seaboard or other major areas. What happens to NYC, Chicago, Detroit, or even Indianapolis if they go three or four nights without power?

    Terrorists don't need to actually kill large numbers of us to cause real problems. As bad as 9/11 was, the immediate death toll and dollar damage was fairly minor for a nation of our resources. It was what it did to our confidence in air travel, what we imposed on ourselves, that caused the real problems.

    Terrorists just need to deprive us of a few modern necessities--clean water, reliable power--and most major urban areas would probably do a fine job destroying themselves. And while so folks might be prone to say, "Hasten the day," they might want to check out how much major manufacturing--including tractor parts, pharmaceuticals, etc--goes on in these areas, along with the lynchpin role they play in our nation's finances.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  15. #15
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    I think the biggest threat--bomb-wise--is whether or not you can convince the un-educated population--thems that accept "The China Syndrome" as a documentary and so are terrified of commercial nuclear power plants--that you have actually cleaned up the area after the bomb goes off.

    What happens to the nation when workers refuse to enter the city and our major stock markets, banking, or other financial institutions shut down?

    My biggest fear is not any form of nuclear bomb, but rather a couple of 50 gallon drums of semi-nasty chemicals inserted into the water supply of a major city or two. For that matter, a couple of empty drums left in a water treatment plant next to the deceased night workers with posts about the nasty but hard to detect chemicals posted onto social media and sent to real media. What happens when the residents of a couple of major cities believe that their water isn't safe to drink, maybe not even safe to use for sanitation?

    Next on my list of concerns is a few shots from a .22 into insulators at substations. Take out a few substations in the right part of the nation at the height of summer-time power usage and you can probably bring down the grid along major sections of the Eastern Seaboard or other major areas. What happens to NYC, Chicago, Detroit, or even Indianapolis if they go three or four nights without power?

    Terrorists don't need to actually kill large numbers of us to cause real problems. As bad as 9/11 was, the immediate death toll and dollar damage was fairly minor for a nation of our resources. It was what it did to our confidence in air travel, what we imposed on ourselves, that caused the real problems.

    Terrorists just need to deprive us of a few modern necessities--clean water, reliable power--and most major urban areas would probably do a fine job destroying themselves. And while so folks might be prone to say, "Hasten the day," they might want to check out how much major manufacturing--including tractor parts, pharmaceuticals, etc--goes on in these areas, along with the lynchpin role they play in our nation's finances.

    Charles

    Flint MI's water problems come immediately to mind and yet none of the community's or state level bureaucrats wish to take accountability.
    But as you stated mate, the city dwellers, especially those Socially Economically Stressed situations would be devastated while American's country folk would keep on with their daily life wondering what the problem is.

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  16. #16
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    But as you stated mate, the city dwellers, especially those Socially Economically Stressed situations would be devastated while American's country folk would keep on with their daily life wondering what the problem is.
    You missed my final paragraph.

    The rural folks would like to think they'd continue with no problems. And in the short term they might. But when their 401(k) or Roth tanks as the markets fail and their retirement check is cut by 90%, they'd notice. When Detroit quit fulfilling orders for repair parts on the tractor, when they could not longer get the drugs they need for their animals, when trucking companies stopped operating and delivering milk, meat, fresh fruits and veggies in the winter, fertilizer, etc, life would take a down turn. Even among country folks, very few retain the skills to blacksmith from scratch, to work wood into every item they might need, to exist completely independently of the cities and infrastructure that depends on the cities. How many want to go very long without a morning cup of coffee, and yet how much coffee can be grown in this nation? Proper food storage will smooth out the short term problems. But a long term collapse? Nobody in their right might thinks that goes well.

    No doubt country folks would survive a lot better than their sub-urban and urban counterparts. But we are far more inter-connected and inter-dependent on each other than many would like to admit. It is a shame that we have the animosity and divide between rural and urban, left and right, religious and secular that we do because quite frankly, we need each other a lot more than most anyone gives the other side credit for.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  17. #17
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    You missed my final paragraph.

    The rural folks would like to think they'd continue with no problems. And in the short term they might. But when their 401(k) or Roth tanks as the markets fail and their retirement check is cut by 90%, they'd notice. When Detroit quit fulfilling orders for repair parts on the tractor, when they could not longer get the drugs they need for their animals, when trucking companies stopped operating and delivering milk, meat, fresh fruits and veggies in the winter, fertilizer, etc, life would take a down turn. Even among country folks, very few retain the skills to blacksmith from scratch, to work wood into every item they might need, to exist completely independently of the cities and infrastructure that depends on the cities. How many want to go very long without a morning cup of coffee, and yet how much coffee can be grown in this nation? Proper food storage will smooth out the short term problems. But a long term collapse? Nobody in their right might thinks that goes well.

    No doubt country folks would survive a lot better than their sub-urban and urban counterparts. But we are far more inter-connected and inter-dependent on each other than many would like to admit. It is a shame that we have the animosity and divide between rural and urban, left and right, religious and secular that we do because quite frankly, we need each other a lot more than most anyone gives the other side credit for.

    Charles
    the good country folk will do have they have for years...do w/o and continue surviving, ya there might be some hardship, however in the long run, years, the country folk are going to continue to press like they always have...they truly do not need $$$ or mechanical items, e.g., tractors etc. to get food to live on.

    but see how well subsidized folk in the city do when their EBT fails, community food supplies get looted, then not replenished, all of which will occur a month, two max.

    even the LDS urban food banks won't even begin to survive a complete urban upheaval from the masses...the good Mormons will attempt to safe guard their foodstuffs, but the masses will be overwhelming to say the least.

    it shan't be pretty when it occurs...
    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Lake Lure, NC
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    the good country folk will do have they have for years...do w/o and continue surviving, ya there might be some hardship, however in the long run, years, the country folk are going to continue to press like they always have...they truly do not need $$$ or mechanical items, e.g., tractors etc. to get food to live on.

    but see how well subsidized folk in the city do when their EBT fails, community food supplies get looted, then not replenished, all of which will occur a month, two max.

    even the LDS urban food banks won't even begin to survive a complete urban upheaval from the masses...the good Mormons will attempt to safe guard their foodstuffs, but the masses will be overwhelming to say the least.

    it shan't be pretty when it occurs...
    ipse

    I think you and UTBAGPIPER pretty much agree. I agree as well that us country folk will fair better but depending on how bad it is we will feel the effects. Most of us country folk already hunt and grow a lot of our food but not all of it.

  19. #19
    Regular Member OC for ME's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    White Oak Plantation
    Posts
    12,273
    I need not one liberal and no city fella provides to me anything that I cannot get on my own away from the city. Do not interchange "country folk" and "country class." City folk routinely see folks who live out in the country as country folk...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WwzYhVL5Sc
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

    "Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    497
    I guess I too would fall into the country folk.. I live in the city now, due to proximity to work, but, I've lived in the country as well, hunting and fishing is easy enough, same with crops, and drying fruits and vegetables.

    the problem the country folks would see is the city folks leaving the city in search of easy food/pickings, farms nearby to metro areas would be overrun and devastated, the families most likely killed, of course country folk that hunt are good shots, so they would probably kill the first wave, and run out of ammo in the second.

    most farmers also don't have a Roth or 401K, they work till they can't or are dead, then usually a son or daughter takes over.

    so if you live in the city, I say plan out your yard and grow your own ****. besides, if you go with fruits you can make wines to use for barter/trade.

  21. #21
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    I guess I too would fall into the country folk.. I live in the city now, due to proximity to work, but, I've lived in the country as well, hunting and fishing is easy enough, same with crops, and drying fruits and vegetables.

    the problem the country folks would see is the city folks leaving the city in search of easy food/pickings, farms nearby to metro areas would be overrun and devastated, the families most likely killed, of course country folk that hunt are good shots, so they would probably kill the first wave, and run out of ammo in the second.

    most farmers also don't have a Roth or 401K, they work till they can't or are dead, then usually a son or daughter takes over.

    so if you live in the city, I say plan out your yard and grow your own ****. besides, if you go with fruits you can make wines to use for barter/trade.
    thank you Ezek...well said!!

    ipse

    ps or drink ...
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  22. #22
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    4,795
    Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    I need not one liberal and no city fella provides to me anything that I cannot get on my own away from the city.
    How very fortunate that neither you nor yours have any need for insulin or other modern medications, and will never need significant medical care for either a trauma or an illness, have no need for eyeglasses, hearing aids, or modern prosthetics, and are fully prepared to do all work manually when the spare parts run out.

    There is no doubt that those living in the country are far better positioned to be self-sufficient and/or to ride out various social disruptions than are their urban counterparts. I think some are too dismissive of the extent to which rural and urban do need each other. I hope we never have to find out what happens when a major city or three in our nation are suddenly (believed to be) uninhabitable.

    My limited study of modern history suggests that a modern nation being thrust back into the stone age is maybe even worse than a nation that has never really become modern.

    Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

    "With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

    "Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

  23. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin
    Posts
    13,156
    When TSHTF the weaklings of all sorts will be lost first, weak of mind, of body, of Spirit, ...
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

  24. #24
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,881
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    How very fortunate that neither you nor yours have any need for insulin or other modern medications, and will never need significant medical care for either a trauma or an illness, have no need for eyeglasses, hearing aids, or modern prosthetics, and are fully prepared to do all work manually when the spare parts run out.

    There is no doubt that those living in the country are far better positioned to be self-sufficient and/or to ride out various social disruptions than are their urban counterparts. I think some are too dismissive of the extent to which rural and urban do need each other. I hope we never have to find out what happens when a major city or three in our nation are suddenly (believed to be) uninhabitable.

    My limited study of modern history suggests that a modern nation being thrust back into the stone age is maybe even worse than a nation that has never really become modern.

    Charles

    1. called prepp'r ~ you are alread mandated to have food and water, there is non refrigerated insuln, learn sign, stock pile antibotics, spend the money for medic bag, and so on
    2. Darwin's theory
    3. the Omega Man starring Heston or Legion if you want the same story line updated
    4. finally those that fail at the above are Red or Green Solyent depending on the other ingredients.

    bottom line...we'll miss ya mate...
    ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-18-2016 at 11:14 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    ROFL ... if a bomb went off it would not matter who they KNEW did it ... it would matter who they TELL US that did it.

    Completely different ... toodles newbies
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-19-2016 at 02:15 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •