• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CBS Sunday Morning broadcast of Gun and America

MP(Retired)

It started out decent...and continued to watch (even though wife told me to turn it off so I wouldn't have to take an additional blood pressure pill).
Then it got worse.....till I was pounding on the chair arm. :banghead:
Don't know why I thought CBS could be fair. :cuss:
<MP>

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/parsing-the-second-amendment/

Linked link of OP's link (got that?) Starts out:

Any discussion of the right to bear arms has to take note of the Second Amendment. Here's Anthony Mason:

Stopped reading right there ... the 2nd amendment is just part of the set of regulations or code of the US.

Its not a law. Laws cannot be changed. Laws cannot be violated. Like Newton's laws of motion. If you find that you can violate one of Newton's laws of motion then you just proved its not a law.

We have laws ... we have regulations.

We have the natural right to defend ourselves. The RKBA flows from this right. Nothing can change that law and the right that comes from it.

All the gov't can do is tyrannically try to suppress and violate the law or not. I don't know of any law that the government does not violate or is willing to because, from their viewpoint, all rights can be regulated (hence voiding the law(s)).

So the author is not aware of the law. Go figure.