Thread: Cedar City, New City Ordinance, Still violating Utah Firearm Laws,

St. George, Utah, USA

Cedar City, New City Ordinance, Still violating Utah Firearm Laws,

I tell ya' they (city's lawyers) just don't get it...
    The revised ordinance still forbids the open possession of firearms in city parks but reflects the allowances given by state law to allow concealed carry permit holders the right to carry in a public park. Likewise, concealed carry permit holders are allowed to carry in designated “gun-free” zones.
    City leaders unanimously pass firearm ordinance, smoke shop moratorium
    CEDAR CITY — Cedar City residents won’t have to worry about using a gun to defend themselves anymore following a unanimous vote by the City Council Wednesday to amend various sections in the city’s firearm ordinance that brings it into compliance with state law.
    The vote follows in-depth discussions during previous City Council meetings.
    Councilman Paul Cozzens first brought issues with the firearm ordinance to the attention of City Attorney Paul Bittmenn after a study was released by the Libertas Institute in November showing the ordinance was out of compliance with state law URL for more silliness...

Anyone in Cedar City want to lead this up?

Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    For us out-of-staters, how about telling us what Utah's law are in public parks?

Pleasant Grove, Utah, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    For us out-of-staters, how about telling us what Utah's law are in public parks?
    100% absolutely fully legal and lawful to carry openly or concealed ( with permit) in all parks.
    Cities don't have the power by state law to regulate carry of firearms-- only the discharge therof.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

White Oak Plantation
    When will the locals be OCing in their nearest city park? What a politician enters into the official record is not nearly as important as what a cop would do regarding the recently revised official record.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

If there's a get-together, I'll drive up. I'm currently rolling out the concept to the western states. Working on Utah right now.
    Nevada Carry and Frontier Carry

Helpful guide to gun laws in the Intermountain West