Thread: Mall St. Mathews

Mall St. Mathews

I've carried, albeit concealed, at Mall St. Mathews, for years. Today I was there and noticed the no firearms signs at the entrance and on three stand alone signs inside. I live 45 miles away so I don't go there a lot and I know about the disturbance there in December. Has the signs always been there and I didn't notice? Or perhaps they were placed after the disturbance. Any insight would be great.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by regatta52 View Post
    I've carried, albeit concealed, at Mall St. Mathews, for years. Today I was there and noticed the no firearms signs at the entrance and on three stand alone signs inside. I live 45 miles away so I don't go there a lot and I know about the disturbance there in December. Has the signs always been there and I didn't notice? Or perhaps they were placed after the disturbance. Any insight would be great.
    Police also received various 911 calls that night from scared shoppers and employees: “I’m at Earthbound Trading Company. I heard a "pow" and everyone just started running.”

The temporary (chaperone) policy started at 4 p.m. on Saturday. Suspect these are connected.

http://www.wlky.com/news/shoppers-adjust-to-new-chaperone-policy-at-malls/37237116

Mall management released a statement on Wednesday defending the policy, saying:
    "Providing a pleasant and comfortable experience for our guests is our top priority. The PGR program is intended to enhance the shopping experience in ways the entire community will appreciate."

Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-13-2016 at 09:54 PM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Duh, they made the policy...of course they are going to defend it.

I'm not visiting there anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Duh, they made the policy...of course they are going to defend it.

I'm not visiting there anymore.
    You visit Kentucky often?
    Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine