Thread: bring your gun to work

bring your gun to work

This is the workplace that made guns as mandatory as computers
    SHARES

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    WHAT'S THIS?
    Ap_859672592143
    In this photo taken Feb. 26, 2016, Lance Toland, the owner of Lance Toland Associates, an aviation insurance company with three offices in Georgia, holds a Taurus revolver, in Atlanta. (AP Photo/Lisa Marie Pane)
    BY THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
    2 days ago
    ATLANTA — The decision by the owner of a small insurance company to require his employees to carry firearms at the office has sparked a debate: Would having a gun on the job make you safer, or is it inviting violence into the workplace?

Lance Toland said his three offices, based at small airports in Georgia, haven't had problems with crime but "anyone can slip in these days if they want to. I don't have a social agenda here. I have a safety agenda."

--snipped by Moderator--
    OCDO rules require only FUQ be used. Always post a link to the original like this.
    Have something to add to this story? Share it in the comments.

TOPICS: BUSINESS, GUN CONTROL, JOBS this story was copy
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-14-2016 at 09:58 AM. Reason: Fair use quotes

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Hello matt. I see your new here in these parts. You posted an entire AP story and not in a quote box. Not good. And Posting the complete story without the authors permission is also not good. Quoting bits and pieces of the story is OK. You can post a link to the story.

Just trying to help you out......

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    State specific - moved it to the Georgia sub-forum.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Requiring employees to have guns? Do you think that they all know how to use one?

Wah ever ... stupid story.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Requiring employees to have guns? Do you think that they all know how to use one?

Wah ever ... stupid story.
    Really?

"He now requires each of them to get a concealed-carry permit, footing the $65 bill, and undergo training."

"No employee balked at the mandate, he said. "They all embraced it 100 percent, and they said, you know, I'm tired of being afraid," Toland said."

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...pany_requ.html
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

If it is not quoted then I don't have to read his stream-of-semi-conscious mumbling. Just imagine an unkempt reprobate taking shelter in a public library and entertaining on a public access computer alternating between egalitarian OCDO and Red Tube.
    Last edited by Nightmare; 03-16-2016 at 07:48 AM.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    If it is not quoted then I don't have to read his stream-of-semi-conscious mumbling. Just imagine an unkempt reprobate taking shelter in a public library and entertaining on a public access computer alternating between egalitarian OCDO and Red Tube.
    Semi-conscious? Far too generous it is you be.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare