Thread: Meetup and Range Time

Banned

Meetup and Range Time

I am considering a meetup in Hickory Wednesday or even tomorrow. Meet outside Hickory Café and Arcade, 221 1st Avenue NW in downtown Hickory before noon and then go to the range in Conover on Timber Ridge Road.

Banned
    If this gets a good outcome or even any outcome at all, I will consider planning something in Charlotte or other areas.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Weekends would likely attract more people. Also more lead time would help. Jus' sayin'.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    If there is no shows today or tomorrow by 1 pm, I will move it to Friday-Saturday.

patriot...thank you for the kind offer this time and as much as the hickory cafe gourmet cuisine sounds exquisite ~ you are 4 hours away, one way!

that said, i do get to Greensboro periodically and meet up with a OC'g member for lunch/early dinner. i am working on a trip first week of April, would a weekday be amenable to your schedule to meet up?

that stated...i am toddling down to wilmington Sunday to tag up with an OC'r for brunch if you wish to meet up at 5 guys...(almost 5 hours one way from the cafe)

hang in there till april?

papa care to come down to hickory?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-15-2016 at 10:36 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Not sure if I will have the time in April. Hoping for a wild boar hunt and/or turkey hunts then. Whole point of this meet is for practice so I can get good enough to down a boar or turkey.

Greensboro area

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    patriot...thank you for the kind offer this time and as much as the hickory cafe gourmet cuisine sounds exquisite ~ you are 4 hours away, one way!

that said, i do get to Greensboro periodically and meet up with a OC'g member for lunch/early dinner. i am working on a trip first week of April, would a weekday be amenable to your schedule to meet up?

that stated...i am toddling down to wilmington Sunday to tag up with an OC'r for brunch if you wish to meet up at 5 guys...(almost 5 hours one way from the cafe)

hang in there till april?

papa care to come down to hickory?

ipse
    Solus, should you come into Greensboro at some point post your visit. I and my wife would like to get together with other OC'ers.

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by PerBast View Post
    Solus, should you come into Greensboro at some point post your visit. I and my wife would like to get together with other OC'ers.

Michael
    most gracious invitation... during the week viable meeting to schedule?

let's chat privately about my upcoming April sojourn...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Didn't see anyone today. Going to try tomorrow. If the same result, then Ill reschedule for Friday. It will be same time. Friday is 65-70....so Id rather do a nice day than risk rain Saturday and Sunday. Going to try for 3-5 hours of range time, ending at 5 pm.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    Didn't see anyone today. Going to try tomorrow. If the same result, then Ill reschedule for Friday. It will be same time. Friday is 65-70....so Id rather do a nice day than risk rain Saturday and Sunday. Going to try for 3-5 hours of range time, ending at 5 pm.
    Thanks for the invite, but too far for me right now. BTW, what kind of shotgun and loads are you working up for turkey season?

Meet up

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    I too would love to join in the fun. But Mon through Fri is filled with work.

Michael

Banned
    Friday, 3/18 starting at noon is the best I can do. Its not as nice Saturday and it will rain in both Hickory and Conover.

Banned
    Hope to see a bc again and/or new faces tomorrow around noon at the café.

Banned
    Anyone coming? Ill be headed over that way soon.

Banned
    Wearing a blue bandana today in case anyone shows at the café.