Thread: Why the Political Class Is Losing Control, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga). The Daily Signal

Thru Death's Door in Wisconsin

Why the Political Class Is Losing Control, Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga). The Daily Signal

The Daily Signal is the multimedia news organization of The Heritage Foundation.

[More] Politicians pay more attention to special interests groups and powerful lobbyists writing checks to their next campaign, than listening to the people back home who sent them here in the first place.

This dangerous power vacuum has fueled frustration and created an entirely new breed of disenfranchised voters who are fed up with the status quo. These are real people, their anger is palpable, and itís not going away anytime soon. [More]
    If TRUMP 2016 loses then I will shrug off my WHITE MAN'S BURDEN and leave the world to the Dindus and Done Nuffins. Read and understand Ayn Rand's Atlas Shrugged as a prescription for the future. TRUMP 2016

Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA
    We the People do not suffer fools.
    The 1st protects the 2nd, and the 2nd protects the 1st. GET THIS OR LOSE IT ALLl: 27-2=0. Our 2A is THE bellwether, and ain't none finer: Islamic Reality. Our Founding Fathers on Church and State. PC=ZERO.

Accomplished Advocate
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    So, it only took 240 years?????

The real downfall started with the passage/ratification of the 16th Amendment, 17th Amendment and the Federal Reserve Act back in 1913.

Founder's Club Member
    Fairfax Co., VA
    Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    So, it only took 240 years?????

The real downfall started with the passage/ratification of the 16th Amendment, 17th Amendment and the Federal Reserve Act back in 1913.
    + 1

I would peg it even earlier.

Ratification of the constitution. "Whoa! Citizen is crazy! Why, the constitution is the most sacredest thing in America! What the heck is he talking about?"

Just this. Read up on the history of the constitutional convention and the ratification process. The supporters of the constitution pulled numerous underhanded stunts and told lie after lie to manipulate public opinion into agreeing to the constitution. Even then it was a very close-run thing. Public opinion, even upper-crust opinion was so split, the constitution nearly didn't pass. Here's a few facts. In themselves they're not conclusive. I don't intend them to be. I intend them to be hints of manipulation and underhandedness by the upper-crust to give you a clue to look further for yourself.

Calling themselves Federalists was a marketing ploy (lie). The Federalists supported a strong central government (their word for strong was vigorous--see the Federalist Papers.). Yet, while creating a strong central government, they were doing away with the actual federation--the Articles of Confederation. At that time federation and confederacy were synonymous. So, while doing away with an actual federation, and replace it with a strong central government, they had the chutzpah to call themselves Federalists.

At the constitutional convention, a number of delegates got up and walked out saying their state legislatures only authorized them to improve the Articles of Confederation, not create a whole new scheme of government. Think about the implications of this. It necessarily means that somebody intended to morph the convention into writing a scheme for a new, stronger, central government; but, left the state legislatures in the dark.

Alexander Hamilton is the source of the implied powers doctrine. He used the implied powers argument to convince Geo. Washington to create the first central bank in the United States during Geo. Washington's administration when Hamilton was Washington's Secretary of the Treasury. Washington, confronted with the question of whether to create a central bank, asked Hamilton and Thomas Jefferson for their opinions on the matter. Hamilton wrote an extensive memo of fallacious reasoning to support the creation of a central bank. Jefferson dispensed with the question in a few sentences. Jefferson's argument boiled down to this: the constitution gives the federal government the power to enact "necessary and proper" laws. A central bank was convenient. But, convenient does not mean necessary--necessary means cannot do without. Washington went with Hamilton's advice.

The rest is history. The Federal Reserve is America's third central bank. It is founded on a lie. One of the main purposes of the Federal Reserve is provide elasticity in the money supply. That is code-speak for "create money out of thin air." The other, not mentioned, is to keep the banking system from killing itself from greed. Back in the day, banks printed their own paper money. Some printed too much paper money, and collapsed when depositors en masse claimed their gold promised by the paper money notes. So, to keep individual banks from creating too much money out of thin air, central banks were created. Notice this, however. Instead of outlawing banks creating money out of thin air, government adds another layer--central banks--who themselves create money out of thin air. They're still doing it today, except it doesn't even have to be backed by gold anymore. The Federal Reserve can just create however much money it wants out of thin air, whenever it feels like it. And, people wonder why price inflation is so high.

What is the prime mission of the Federal Reserve? To keep the dollar strong. Oh, yeah? Lets take a look at that. Since the creation of the Federal Reserve in 1913, the dollar has lost vast amounts of value. Depending on your source, between 92% and 96%. That is to say, with the Federal Reserve at the helm "protecting the value of the dollar", the dollar has lost between 92% and 96% of its value. No source I've read was less than 90%. It would seem that if you create vast amounts of dollars out of thin air, and cause more dollars to chase the same amount of goods, that it is the dollar that falls in value, not the goods. Oh, my. What a surprise.

The political class, in their ambition and desire for control, are wrecking the country with half-baked, self-serving schemes that benefit mainly themselves and their cronies in violation of the fundamental laws of human nature and economics. You cannot create vast amounts of money out thin air without devaluing money itself against the goods and services. And, you cannot keep on taxing the productive part of society to fund the unproductive part.* It just doesn't work.

*Credit to Daniel Hannan for that comment. He ripped the British Prime Minister in this address:

Last edited by Citizen; 03-18-2016 at 11:00 PM.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

earth's crust
    A recent survey of likely Republican primary voters showed that 86 percent believe that ďpeople like me donít have any say about what the government does.Ē

Then why do they vote?

What would scare the crap out of the people in DC is if no one voted .... (its not like their votes matter too much anyways)