Thread: GOA Alert: Permitless Carry Introduced in Kentucky / SB 257 Sen. Albert Robinson (R)

GOA Alert: Permitless Carry Introduced in Kentucky / SB 257 Sen. Albert Robinson (R)

GOA Alert: Permitless Carry Introduced in Kentucky / Senate Bill 257 by Sen. Albert Robinson (R).

Saw this GOA alert...with today's date !

https://www.gunowners.org/alertky03152016.htm

"Permitless Carry Introduced in Kentucky

Will Kentucky Become the Next Constitutional Carry State?

Click on the Take Action button and urge your state senator to vote for Senate Bill 257, a bill that will protect your right to carry a gun without registering yourself with the government or paying a permission fee.

Not a GOA member yet? You can join Gun Owners of America today for only $20!
    Urge Your State Senator to Cosponsor this Freedom-loving Effort!

Take action now to defend your rights!

Constitutional Carry legislation has been introduced in the Kentucky Legislature.

Senate Bill 257 specifies that a person who may otherwise legally carry a concealed handgun is not required to obtain or possess a license or permit from the state to carry a concealed handgun.

In other words, you can carry a concealed gun without registering yourself with the government or paying a permission fee.

If you have to ask for permission, pay a tax on it and register yourself with the government, its not a right.

Constitutional Carry fixes that.

Go here to tell your state senator to vote for Senate Bill 257, which was introduced by Sen. Albert Robinson (R)."

This is the Senate version of HB 531?
    Just posted today?
    What does this all mean?
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    It means that the GOA is about a week behind real events and never did have a grasp of what the bill actually did. Once again, it is a case of not reading the bill. At least NRA has recognized that there is a substitute bill available for both the House and Senate versions of this bill.

https://www.nraila.org/legal-legisla...s=#latest-news
    Maybe then we should close this thread.

This is the exact reason KC3 is important. KC3 and Gutshot have been all over this bill trying to get it right. KC3 is here to protect your rights. Both open and conceal carry. If you have questions, KC3 is here to answer.
    Speed is fine
    Accuracy is final

This is the exact reason KC3 is important. KC3 and Gutshot have been all over this bill trying to get it right. KC3 is here to protect your rights. Both open and conceal carry. If you have questions, KC3 is here to answer.
    One of the sites I went to was the KC3 site.

http://kc3.com/

But the site hasn't been updated since Oct 29 2015.
    Last edited by Midwest; 03-15-2016 at 08:03 PM.

I went to the KC3 site looking for the latest on the permitless carry bill and SB 257 that GOA posted.

Since the GOA "alert" was inaccurate, this post is pointless. Please close this.

Thanks

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Closed/locked at OP's request.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.