Thread: Open carry in the news

Open carry in the news

Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-27-2016 at 08:03 PM. Reason: remove icon from title

Gun-touting? - By Chris Miller

...or gun-toting?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Gun-touting? - By Chris Miller

...or gun-toting?
    Aah yes. Scottish I see by the skirts...er...Kilts.

Quote Originally Posted by phoneguy View Post
    "When law abiding citizens are carrying, the crime rate is lower."

Not to a progressive living constitutional modern liberal.

"We're not trying to rub it in anyone's face

The best liberal rub into face is the second amendment rub for the fish fry. Highly aromatic foll of flavor and satisfying for the constitutionalist, a stinker for a liberal.

Good for them. I wonder if anti gunners will visit just to create trouble for them.

The food police...fish/chips...oil oil everywhere...almost as bad as the Exxon Valdez...
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    I don't care if crimes rates are higher or lower where guns are OCed.

Its a right and that's enough.

An interesting twist to the OP info, apparently the Sea Bears decided to move into Union Station in Ogden, which promptly banned open carry in the facility, effectively taking away that unique allure of the Sea Bears.

http://www.standard.net/Food/2016/08...n-Station.html

However, somewhat proactive city attorney Gary Williams decided he’d “better go look at the sign.” The signs then came down.

http://www.standard.net/Government/2...-city-attorney
    Guard with jealous attention the public liberty.
    Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel.
    Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force.
    Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.
    -Patrick Henry, Virginia Ratification Convention, June 5, 1788

Quote Originally Posted by DeSchaine View Post
    An interesting twist to the OP info, apparently the Sea Bears decided to move into Union Station in Ogden, which promptly banned open carry in the facility, effectively taking away that unique allure of the Sea Bears.

http://www.standard.net/Food/2016/08...n-Station.html

However, somewhat proactive city attorney Gary Williams decided he’d “better go look at the sign.” The signs then came down.

http://www.standard.net/Government/2...-city-attorney

article quote: The whole gun thing, it was a concern because we know it’s very divisive,” Charles Trentelman, secretary of the Union Station Foundation unquote

only reason it is divisive is cuz they are stuck on stupid, listening to agitators and believing their rhetoric...sigh...

glad they worked out an apparent compromise put in their contract...

btw, foto of kilt w/iwb holster nice touch.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Charles Trentelman, secretary of the Union Station Foundation, knew of the city attorney’s decision, but says he hopes Sea Bears will still opt to avoid open-carry.
    “All I can tell you is that we would prefer people not open-carry,” Trentelman said. “But if we can’t tell them they can’t, I guess we won’t tell them.”
    Trentelman said he’s heard from members of the community who say not only will they avoid Sea Bears, but they’ll avoid “the whole place.” He said that puts Union Station in a difficult position.
    “We want to be welcoming and open to the entire town,” he said. “... For me, it’s just a matter of ‘Don’t scare our customers away!’ We’re a gun museum — we’re not against the Second Amendment.”
    If people want to express their belief in the right to bear arms, Trentelman said he hopes they’ll at least be sensitive to the fact that some people are frightened by their open display.
    The Union Station Foundation is openly promoting their religious beliefs; Union Station is closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. This is prejudicial to all atheists.

Please don't exercise your rights out in the open, it just may offend someone.