Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Country/Southern Folk

Banned

Country/Southern Folk

Where exactly are the country folk in NC? Seems I only encounter fakes, addicts and people who are lazy and only want to drink. Judging from all my experiences, even the low count of meetings with open carriers, I think that this city or even this county is not really country. Seems mostly consisting of fear mongers/sensitized idiots that think being armed is not normal and view everyone without a badge and uniform that is armed as a Terminator. I have only met one person from here and to date, 4-5 open carriers in random encounters in the Hickory/Conover/Newton area.

I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers.

Quote Originally Posted by PATRIOT88 View Post
    Where exactly are the country folk in NC? Seems I only encounter fakes, addicts and people who are lazy and only want to drink. Judging from all my experiences, even the low count of meetings with open carriers, I think that this city or even this county is not really country. Seems mostly consisting of fear mongers/sensitized idiots that think being armed is not normal and view everyone without a badge and uniform that is armed as a Terminator. I have only met one person from here and to date, 4-5 open carriers in random encounters in the Hickory/Conover/Newton area.

I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers.
    well perhaps, just perhaps, in less than the year you have been in state you have not broken into the good olde boy network as you are hanging w/the wrong crowd of fakes, addicts, fear mongers or sensitized idiots, and lazy people who only want to drink.

perhaps, at 28ish, your postings consistently show your expectations of life are not quite in perspective as you state, you are running away and 'want to have fun'.

i expressed concern when you initially posted your ramblings, then got augmentative, then experienced difficulty focusing on even organizing a meet, to now you are bored cuz nobody has come out to give you adulation you feel you deserve for OC'g...

harsh, yepper as this tarheel has grown intolerant of your continued whining

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-16-2016 at 11:48 AM.
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    well perhaps, just perhaps, in less than the year you have been in state you have not broken into the good olde boy network as you are hanging w/the wrong crowd of fakes, addicts, fear mongers or sensitized idiots, and lazy people who only want to drink.

perhaps, at 28ish, your postings consistently show your expectations of life are not quite in perspective as you state, you are running away and 'want to have fun'.

i expressed concern when you initially posted your ramblings, then got augmentative, then experienced difficulty focusing on even organizing a meet, to now you are bored cuz nobody has come out to give you adulation you feel you deserve for OC'g...

harsh, yepper as this tarheel has grown intolerant of your continued whining

ipse
    ^^^^^Ditto...buh bye...

Banned
    yeah...hey...I don't associate with such people. I am straight edge. The question was where are the country folk/real men and women? I have heard such good things about the country and the South. So where in NC can I find more like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW469V-5f9M

Deer tracks tattoo? Nice trigger control, no jerking. Easy on the eyes too.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Banned
    So according to Chief and Solus' assumptions and my interpretation of their views, I and/or everyone should work or increase their usual schedule for 280-365 days a year and never do any country fun? (fishing, dirtbikes, hunting, range time, etc.)

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    PATRIOT88, your creative writing conjured up more of an image like below.

--Moderator deleted--

Ammo in aisle five.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-16-2016 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Not suitable for OCDO

yeah...hey...I don't associate with such people. I am straight edge. The question was where are the country folk/real men and women? I have heard such good things about the country and the South. So where in NC can I find more like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW469V-5f9M
    Hmm...if I had to take a stab at it...I think you would find the country folk living (drum roll) ... in the country. Hickory is hardly the country, and neither is it urban...just somewhere in between. Course, the real country folk are gonna hear you coming from a mile away.
    If something is wrong for ONE person to do to another, it is still wrong if a BILLION people do it.

So according to Chief and Solus' assumptions and my interpretation of their views, I and/or everyone should work or increase their usual schedule for 280-365 days a year and never do any country fun? (fishing, dirtbikes, hunting, range time, etc.)
    Country fun like racing around in the General Sherman, but without the Dodge?

Three North Carolina high schoolers were reportedly charged with disorderly conduct after they displayed a Confederate flag on campus and yelled “white power.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-confederat/

Sounds pretty country to me.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Country fun like racing around in the General Sherman, but without the Dodge?

Three North Carolina high schoolers were reportedly charged with disorderly conduct after they displayed a Confederate flag on campus and yelled “white power.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...er-confederat/

Sounds pretty country to me.
    “The issue at hand is truly the disruption,” she told a local ABC News affiliate. “If students create a significant disruption to our school environment, [then] students can, in situations, be removed from that instructional environment until the disruption is no longer an issue.”
    OK, suspend them for three days, but not disorderly conduct.

color, OMG you now sound like patriot and apparently need to find some nicer things to review on the internet...

i will never un-see that visual...

so much for any kind of love live now...whew

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Banned
    Ok, having been limited in exploration and not knowing the terrain/areas of NC fully yet, where is the country? Counties? towns? please list them.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Some subjects are only suitable for the Social Lounge.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

"I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers."---Patriot88

Patriot88---I will be brief. I came to NC in 1996. Was born, raised, and lived in Alabama until I moved here by way of a forced job transfer. Culture shock it was to say the least. New place, new people, and an open mindset on getting along with the locals. In that area, I made big strides, making friends through work, and church. The old adage that goes, "Careful what you ask for!", may lead to things you never expected, good and bad, and are not sure how to handle. Change is the key word here. Be the change you want to see in the world around you, and maybe then you will reach the destination of your journey.

Mr. Moderator, my apologies for being off topic from the intent of this site. Some things just need to be said.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

It's nice to know we have a double standard.

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    It's nice to know we have a double standard.
    they were doubles all right...roflmao....

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfoot View Post
    "I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers."---Patriot88

Patriot88---I will be brief. I came to NC in 1996. Was born, raised, and lived in Alabama until I moved here by way of a forced job transfer. Culture shock it was to say the least. New place, new people, and an open mindset on getting along with the locals. In that area, I made big strides, making friends through work, and church. The old adage that goes, "Careful what you ask for!", may lead to things you never expected, good and bad, and are not sure how to handle. Change is the key word here. Be the change you want to see in the world around you, and maybe then you will reach the destination of your journey.

Mr. Moderator, my apologies for being off topic from the intent of this site. Some things just need to be said.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.
    Indeed, that they do.

Erin go Bragh.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Banned
    Yeah...change is exactly what I want. I didn't come here for the same old crap as I dealt with in the Midwest.

Country/Southern women are bold, fearless, sweet, strong, open-minded, simple and grounded. I like that in a woman. addicts, lazy people and fear mongers are not attractive. This thread wasn't created for women though. It was a general inquiry- both men and women. I am seeking country folk as acquaintances and friends. Didn't move to the South to deal with the type of people that prematurely judge me and don't think for themselves, judging me on inanimate objects I own instead of my actions and personality.

I am simply the type of man who knows what I want and can only prove my claims in person. If you never meet me with an open mind, you will never know me.
    Last edited by PATRIOT88; 03-17-2016 at 09:40 AM.

[ ... ]No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers.
    You should'a gone north in the Midwest, to Wisconsin, a traditional open carry state full of hunters, with a busy bow and BP season.

Watch Jeff Daniel's movie Escanaba in da Moonlight
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Yeah...change is exactly what I want. I didn't come here for the same old crap as I dealt with in the Midwest.
    Generally, the first thing people pack is their problems and attitude.

...I am simply the type of man who knows what I want and can only prove my claims in person. If you never meet me with an open mind, you will never know me.
    Rather than go on and on about your troubles, and since you're not seeming to find "your kind of people" in your daily doings, why not attempt a "meet and greet" (dinner/lunch/picnic) in your area, or a sufficiently populated area?

Banned
    Its just a matter of exploration and time. And no, while David Clarke does seem to be cool and pro-defense, Milwaukee would likely result in more issues. Atleast people got used to my open carrying here. NC is a traditional open carry state as well. There are 31 states that are unlicensed open carry, so that is not my only choice for being here. As far as meet/greets, I have tried. Hoping on one this Friday actually. See events.

...As far as meet/greets, I have tried. Hoping on one this Friday actually. See events.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I almost never look in events for things. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    I don't know about anyone else, but I almost never look in events for things. Just my 2 cents.
    I tend to use "Events" as a historical repository.

Banned
    Ohio is a long way from NC. You have a 18 hour commute, one way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast