• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Country/Southern Folk

PATRIOT88

Banned
Where exactly are the country folk in NC? Seems I only encounter fakes, addicts and people who are lazy and only want to drink. Judging from all my experiences, even the low count of meetings with open carriers, I think that this city or even this county is not really country. Seems mostly consisting of fear mongers/sensitized idiots that think being armed is not normal and view everyone without a badge and uniform that is armed as a Terminator. I have only met one person from here and to date, 4-5 open carriers in random encounters in the Hickory/Conover/Newton area.

I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers.

solus

Where exactly are the country folk in NC? Seems I only encounter fakes, addicts and people who are lazy and only want to drink. Judging from all my experiences, even the low count of meetings with open carriers, I think that this city or even this county is not really country. Seems mostly consisting of fear mongers/sensitized idiots that think being armed is not normal and view everyone without a badge and uniform that is armed as a Terminator. I have only met one person from here and to date, 4-5 open carriers in random encounters in the Hickory/Conover/Newton area.

I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers.

well perhaps, just perhaps, in less than the year you have been in state you have not broken into the good olde boy network as you are hanging w/the wrong crowd of fakes, addicts, fear mongers or sensitized idiots, and lazy people who only want to drink.

perhaps, at 28ish, your postings consistently show your expectations of life are not quite in perspective as you state, you are running away and 'want to have fun'.

i expressed concern when you initially posted your ramblings, then got augmentative, then experienced difficulty focusing on even organizing a meet, to now you are bored cuz nobody has come out to give you adulation you feel you deserve for OC'g...

harsh, yepper as this tarheel has grown intolerant of your continued whining

ipse

Last edited:

Chief1297

well perhaps, just perhaps, in less than the year you have been in state you have not broken into the good olde boy network as you are hanging w/the wrong crowd of fakes, addicts, fear mongers or sensitized idiots, and lazy people who only want to drink.

perhaps, at 28ish, your postings consistently show your expectations of life are not quite in perspective as you state, you are running away and 'want to have fun'.

i expressed concern when you initially posted your ramblings, then got augmentative, then experienced difficulty focusing on even organizing a meet, to now you are bored cuz nobody has come out to give you adulation you feel you deserve for OC'g...

harsh, yepper as this tarheel has grown intolerant of your continued whining

ipse
^^^^^Ditto...buh bye...

PATRIOT88

Banned
So according to Chief and Solus' assumptions and my interpretation of their views, I and/or everyone should work or increase their usual schedule for 280-365 days a year and never do any country fun? (fishing, dirtbikes, hunting, range time, etc.)

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
PATRIOT88, your creative writing conjured up more of an image like below.

--Moderator deleted--

Ammo in aisle five.

Last edited by a moderator:

carolina guy

yeah...hey...I don't associate with such people. I am straight edge. The question was where are the country folk/real men and women? I have heard such good things about the country and the South. So where in NC can I find more like this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW469V-5f9M

Hmm...if I had to take a stab at it...I think you would find the country folk living (drum roll) ... in the country. Hickory is hardly the country, and neither is it urban...just somewhere in between. Course, the real country folk are gonna hear you coming from a mile away.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Country fun like racing around in the General Sherman, but without the Dodge?

Three North Carolina high schoolers were reportedly charged with disorderly conduct after they displayed a Confederate flag on campus and yelled “white power.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/16/high-schoolers-criminally-charged-after-confederat/

Sounds pretty country to me.
“The issue at hand is truly the disruption,” she told a local ABC News affiliate. “If students create a significant disruption to our school environment, [then] students can, in situations, be removed from that instructional environment until the disruption is no longer an issue.”
OK, suspend them for three days, but not disorderly conduct.

solus

color, OMG you now sound like patriot and apparently need to find some nicer things to review on the internet...

i will never un-see that visual...

so much for any kind of love live now...whew

ipse

PATRIOT88

Banned
Ok, having been limited in exploration and not knowing the terrain/areas of NC fully yet, where is the country? Counties? towns? please list them.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
So according to Chief and Solus' assumptions and my interpretation of their views, I and/or everyone should work or increase their usual schedule for 280-365 days a year and never do any country fun? (fishing, dirtbikes, hunting, range time, etc.)

Some subjects are only suitable for the Social Lounge.

Bearfoot

"I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers."---Patriot88

Patriot88---I will be brief. I came to NC in 1996. Was born, raised, and lived in Alabama until I moved here by way of a forced job transfer. Culture shock it was to say the least. New place, new people, and an open mindset on getting along with the locals. In that area, I made big strides, making friends through work, and church. The old adage that goes, "Careful what you ask for!", may lead to things you never expected, good and bad, and are not sure how to handle. Change is the key word here. Be the change you want to see in the world around you, and maybe then you will reach the destination of your journey.

Mr. Moderator, my apologies for being off topic from the intent of this site. Some things just need to be said.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"I mean, I came here to get away from fear mongers, have fun, meet like minded individuals. Think that it may be time to move sometime soon. Not much to do here anyway. No hunters, no passionate archers, and very few open carriers."---Patriot88

Patriot88---I will be brief. I came to NC in 1996. Was born, raised, and lived in Alabama until I moved here by way of a forced job transfer. Culture shock it was to say the least. New place, new people, and an open mindset on getting along with the locals. In that area, I made big strides, making friends through work, and church. The old adage that goes, "Careful what you ask for!", may lead to things you never expected, good and bad, and are not sure how to handle. Change is the key word here. Be the change you want to see in the world around you, and maybe then you will reach the destination of your journey.

Mr. Moderator, my apologies for being off topic from the intent of this site. Some things just need to be said.

Happy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.
Indeed, that they do.

Erin go Bragh.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Yeah...change is exactly what I want. I didn't come here for the same old crap as I dealt with in the Midwest.

Country/Southern women are bold, fearless, sweet, strong, open-minded, simple and grounded. I like that in a woman. addicts, lazy people and fear mongers are not attractive. This thread wasn't created for women though. It was a general inquiry- both men and women. I am seeking country folk as acquaintances and friends. Didn't move to the South to deal with the type of people that prematurely judge me and don't think for themselves, judging me on inanimate objects I own instead of my actions and personality.

I am simply the type of man who knows what I want and can only prove my claims in person. If you never meet me with an open mind, you will never know me.

Last edited:

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
...I am simply the type of man who knows what I want and can only prove my claims in person. If you never meet me with an open mind, you will never know me.
Rather than go on and on about your troubles, and since you're not seeming to find "your kind of people" in your daily doings, why not attempt a "meet and greet" (dinner/lunch/picnic) in your area, or a sufficiently populated area?

PATRIOT88

Banned
Its just a matter of exploration and time. And no, while David Clarke does seem to be cool and pro-defense, Milwaukee would likely result in more issues. Atleast people got used to my open carrying here. NC is a traditional open carry state as well. There are 31 states that are unlicensed open carry, so that is not my only choice for being here. As far as meet/greets, I have tried. Hoping on one this Friday actually. See events.