• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Country/Southern Folk

nobama

I will try a stab at this. Patiot88, I was born and raised in the Midwest, Illinois to be exact, moved to Texas my senior yr in highschool, moved here 16 yrs ago. From my experiences, there is more country in Illinois now than Texas where I lived, NC is great, I love to hunt, hunt and hunt, but I must say, don't get your hopes up about "country folks" open carrying. I am a member of nchuntandfish.com where its all about hunting, and somebody posted an OC story, OMG! what a crap storm that turned into, so, just because they hunt and are from the country, doesn't mean they really understand open carry. Yep, they said it all, so if you want to chime in, go there and help defend it, but I am done.

PATRIOT88

Banned
1- I have come to the realization to not really expect someone from another state or region; such as Midwest to The South to come hang out or attend a local event or meeting in my state, due to prior experience. 2- Carolinaguy, I still have not gotten an answer with what area or counties are country in NC. When I get that info, then Ill look into planning a relocation.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Fuqua-Varina used to be mecca. Best of both worlds.

Not so sure anymore with the up-tic in real estate development.

Last edited:

1j9l9f0

Banned
well perhaps, just perhaps, in less than the year you have been in state you have not broken into the good olde boy network as you are hanging w/the wrong crowd of fakes, addicts, fear mongers or sensitized idiots, and lazy people who only want to drink.

perhaps, at 28ish, your postings consistently show your expectations of life are not quite in perspective as you state, you are running away and 'want to have fun'.

i expressed concern when you initially posted your ramblings, then got augmentative, then experienced difficulty focusing on even organizing a meet, to now you are bored cuz nobody has come out to give you adulation you feel you deserve for OC'g...

harsh, yepper as this tarheel has grown intolerant of your continued whining

ipse

Solus, this is exactly what I was talking about when I mean you insult anyone you can get away with doing so. I would say you fall among the fakes when it comes to weapons and weapon safety. Let this gentleman enjoy his time in North Carolina, and seek out his own group however he does. And by the way, your from Washington state, your not a tarheel. Unless you graduated from UNC, but I already know thats not true.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Solus, this is exactly what I was talking about when I mean you insult anyone you can get away with doing so. I would say you fall among the fakes when it comes to weapons and weapon safety. Let this gentleman enjoy his time in North Carolina, and seek out his own group however he does. And by the way, your from Washington state, your not a tarheel. Unless you graduated from UNC, but I already know thats not true.
Where's the beef?

carolina guy

1- I have come to the realization to not really expect someone from another state or region; such as Midwest to The South to come hang out or attend a local event or meeting in my state, due to prior experience. 2- Carolinaguy, I still have not gotten an answer with what area or counties are country in NC. When I get that info, then Ill look into planning a relocation.

Guess it depends on what "kind" of country you are looking for...but from your youtube link it looks like you are looking for Kentucky country that grew up Kentucky country...that for some reason wants transplanted Midwestern non-country?

I say that because if you were *really* country, you wouldn't have moved to Hickory. :lol: I am going to guess that both the guy and his girl friend in that video have grown up an stayed in the same general area.

That said, there are 100 counties in NC, and some are VERY rural...just look for one that doesn't have a city over 10k and you are likely on the right track.

OC for ME

The problem with trying to find country folk in NC is that ya need to look in SC...plenty of country folk in SC...NC, not so much. ;)

SC...like a whole other county. :cool:

PATRIOT88

Banned
I do not wish to tell everything regarding why I am in hickory, since some of it is personal. Long story short, having never been in The South, I was expecting a better welcome when I came here. Such as everyone desensitized and not afraid of guns and knives (as country folk are used to seeing such and consider it normal and do not scare easily.), hunting, fishing, offroading, camping, hiking, rodeos, riding horses, etc.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
I do not wish to tell everything regarding why I am in hickory, since some of it is personal. Long story short, having never been in The South, I was expecting a better welcome when I came here. Such as everyone desensitized and not afraid of guns and knives (as country folk are used to seeing such and consider it normal and do not scare easily.), hunting, fishing, offroading, camping, hiking, rodeos, riding horses, etc.
Will grant that you seem less than candid.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Whats that supposed to mean? Im less than candid? I am entitled to some privacy. I do not have to reveal everything to a forum full of people I don't know yet and have yet to establish trust with. That said, it is something I don't want a lot of people to know. I am not country by origins, but I am very much interested in country ways. Noone has to reveal their lifestory and spill their guts online, grapeshot. Like I said, its personal as to why I came to Hickory to begin with. I don't wish to discuss it unless you earn my trust in person.

Anyway...