Thread: New to all this

New to all this

All right. keepin it short an sweet. I pick up my first pistol tomorrow and I am not yet able to CC. while I'm OCing i know I'm not able to carry my gun loaded in my vehicle, but when I stop somewhere (store, home, ect.) when can I load my gun? Do I have to get out of my vehicle, load and go or am I able to stop, load, then get out of my vehicle? Being new to this I would rather stay out of any legal trouble. I know its a LOT easier having a CPL but I apply for it later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post
    All right. keepin it short an sweet. I pick up my first pistol tomorrow and I am not yet able to CC. while I'm OCing i know I'm not able to carry my gun loaded in my vehicle, but when I stop somewhere (store, home, ect.) when can I load my gun? Do I have to get out of my vehicle, load and go or am I able to stop, load, then get out of my vehicle? Being new to this I would rather stay out of any legal trouble. I know its a LOT easier having a CPL but I apply for it later this month.
    well jason...i must only offer a welcome to the forum and hope one of the more knowledgeable WA folk respond shortly.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Well,,

Quote Originally Posted by Jason36 View Post
    Jason; For the time being,, since you dont have your CPL yet,,,
    Carry your gun with an Empty chamber,,, unless you need to shoot,,,
    Only insert your mag in the gun,, After you exit the car,, dont rack it...
    Pop the mag out of the gun,,, Before you get back in..
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

No one really knows (what a police officer might arrest you for or prosecutor charge you for.) Read the law and make your best good-faith effort to comply. That's really all you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Defenders option is the most discreet. It will not "scare people" when reloading. Welcome to OCDO, I hope you enjoy your stay, and thanks for OCing.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    Yep. This method is the easiest, safest, and least likely to attract attention that I could think of. While staying legal.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Just remember the 9.41.060 exemptions

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    And RCW 70.108.150
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop.

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJohn View Post
    And RCW 70.108.150
    And for reference:

http://app.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9.41.060

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=70.108.150

Well,,,

I think their may be no further need to respond.
    Our OP may be a one hit wonder.
    But,,, maybe he is reading our responses, just not to tell us,, thanks.....
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!