Thread: Police Chief Refuses To Issue Concealed Carry Permits

Police Chief Refuses To Issue Concealed Carry Permits

WEST COVINA, CALIFORNIA

Chief David Faulkner of the West Covina Police Department Refuses To Issue Concealed Carry Permits

“From 1978 to 2011, there have been sixteen CCW applications made and no permits issued during that time period.”

That's the trouble with may issue.
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

forgive this observation...but, after a 38 year olde practice, a citizen from Idaho is waving a flag of this perception of a miscarriage of abuse against W Covina community's citizens been rendered absolutely deaf and blind so they can't speak for themselves?

the city council asked the question, they received an answer directly from the current chief, and if the council doesn't like it, tis within their purview to mitigate the issue.

sidebar ~ that the city council et al., did not question the chief's direct response by stating and asking the chief to explain his response against the highest court of the land has stated local nice LEs to not have to respond to their citizen's emergency(ies), therefore...what is the chief doing differently to protect West Covina's citizens.

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

16 apps in 38 years? Sounds like the community has no interest in self defense, otherwise more would have applied and/or replaced the police chief by now. You get the government you deserve sometimes.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    forgive this observation...but, after a 38 year olde practice, a citizen from Idaho is waving a flag of this perception of a miscarriage of abuse against W Covina community's citizens been rendered absolutely deaf and blind so they can't speak for themselves?

the city council asked the question, they received an answer directly from the current chief, and if the council doesn't like it, tis within their purview to mitigate the issue.

sidebar ~ that the city council et al., did not question the chief's direct response by stating and asking the chief to explain his response against the highest court of the land has stated local nice LEs to not have to respond to their citizen's emergency(ies), therefore...what is the chief doing differently to protect West Covina's citizens.

ipse
    Asking for relief from a government violating a natural right from that same government likely yields the expected result. Case in point. Governments rule by force ....

At least our state has preemption, the licenses are issued by the Department of Public Safety (State Police) and basically if you pass a background check, take the class and pay the fee then it is shall issue. Local government has zero say in the matter as it should be.

I never understood the thought process of may issue and having to prove a need to carry, but the voters allowed that to happen there so it is up to them to correct the problem.