Thread: Liberal logic

Liberal logic

http://www.guns.com/2016/03/18/missi...l-senate-vote/

Liberal logic completely baffles me.

In the article the leader of the Mississippi chapter of MDA makes the following statement.

As a mother and a grandmother, I am concerned about dangerous people carrying hidden, loaded handguns in the public places that I frequent with my family.

I think we can all agree with that. But then she says the following.

Its just common sense that if a person wants to carry a loaded, concealed handgun in public, particularly if they are in a place with children, they need to demonstrate they have a clean criminal record.

Does she really think the "dangerous people" she previously mentioned go through the permitting process that law abiding citizens do and that if constitutional carry passes it will open the door for "dangerous people" to "start" carrying a firearm? What planet do these people come from?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by NomadMan; 03-19-2016 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadMan View Post
    [ ... ]Liberal logic completely baffles me. [ ... ]
    Don't be fooled. They would have you think that it is logic. Similarly, we must be carefully logical to avoid their errors ourselves.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NomadMan View Post
    http://www.guns.com/2016/03/18/missi...l-senate-vote/

Liberal logic completely baffles me.

In the article the leader of the Mississippi chapter of MDA makes the following statement.

“As a mother and a grandmother, I am concerned about dangerous people carrying hidden, loaded handguns in the public places that I frequent with my family.”

I think we can all agree with that. But then she says the following.

“It’s just common sense that if a person wants to carry a loaded, concealed handgun in public, particularly if they are in a place with children, they need to demonstrate they have a clean criminal record.”

Does she really think the "dangerous people" she previously mentioned go through the permitting process that law abiding citizens do and that if constitutional carry passes it will open the door for "dangerous people" to "start" carrying a firearm? What planet do these people come from?

Liberal logic is quite easy to understand. It is the same logic a 3 year old spoiled brat uses. It boils down to:

"Do it MY way or I will have a tantrum!"

And if they don't get their way and they break things while having a tantrum the liberal will say:

"See what YOU made me do?"

A perfect combination of wanting to be in control combined with avoiding responsibility by blaming others.

See my sig line.
    Last edited by Bikenut; 03-19-2016 at 08:06 AM.
    Gun control isn't about the gun at all.... for those who want gun control it is all about their own fragile egos, their own lack of self esteem, their own inner fears, and most importantly... their own desire to dominate others. And an openly carried gun is a slap in the face to all of those things.

When Mississippi proposed a bill allowing permit-less open carry the liberals cried "it will be like the Wild West!" It passed and there were no gunfights.

Then Mississippi proposed a bill to allow off body concealed carry without a permit and the liberals screamed "there will be blood in the streets!" It passed and there was no blood in the streets.

Now Mississippi is proposing constitutional carry and the liberals are whining again, "criminals will be everywhere with guns!" I'm sure that once again nothing will happen except the anti-gunners will move onto the next state spreading the same old fears to another crowd who don't give a ______ about their agenda.

Banned
    Grandma is a commie, possibly a Russian sleeper agent. Should be immediately executed.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    The lying mommies will be shocked when their children grow-up and discover their mommies lied to them. Possibly even the children disowning their mommies.

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    Well of course they will. They have been on the same message for decades. They can not change, because that is all that they've got.
    Yes it is. I just don't get it. I learned at a young age to adapt. If evidence suggests a different course of action, I change course. These idiots just keep paddling In circles and don't even care that they are going absolutely nowhere and anyone who is going somewhere is in their opinion wrong.

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    Don't be fooled. They would have you think that it is logic. Similarly, we must be carefully logical to avoid their errors ourselves.
    +1

Understanding their irrationality and immorality starts with their name--liberal.

The root of liberal--liber--means free (as in freedom, liberty, etc.)

If they're willing to massively distort the meaning of their own handle, does a fella really need to know more?
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Yes, dangerous people do go through a permitting process...they were denied and went and got a gun anyway.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    Grandma is a commie, possibly a Russian sleeper agent. Should be immediately executed.
    Not funny!