• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lockdowns at Kalamazoo county RESA

taxman

Banned
A parent visited his child at RESA three times.
Knowing that he was obeying the law and posed no threat, the superintendent locked down the building on the 2nd and 3rd visits and had a cop follow him everywhere he went.

Lockdowns said to be due to security procedures put in place a couple of years ago. (if Campbell is 'just following necessary procedure', why didn't he lock the building down the first time? If it isn't necessary, why did he do it the next two times???) I suspect Campbell didn't think a law abiding parent was reason for a lockdown, and the board ordered him otherwise when they heard about the first visit.

Public meeting scheduled tomorrow. Any chance of getting straight answers as to whose bright idea it was to lock down the building, and why it wasn't needed the first time, but was needed every successive time?

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2016/03/special_education_school_locke.html

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ichigan-open-carry-school-causes-conniptions/

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/20...ichigan-open-carry-school-causes-conniptions/

Now ... he is the typical profile of a serial killer .. middle aged white guy ....

They should just gun down all of these types of folks on sight.

“I have asked him if he would leave the weapon in his truck and he said he was going to ‘stick to his guns.’ That’s what he said.” – Kalamazoo Regional Educational Services Agency superintendent Dave Campbell

We all know what Geo. Carlin thought of the children .... LOL

taxman

Banned

Now ... he is the typical profile of a serial killer .. middle aged white guy ....

This guy or the parent?

Dave-Campbell.jpg

Hevymetal

Protocol. Every time. Until the people stop fearing the law abiding citizen, this will happen every time.

Personally I would then start to visit my child every day at random times for the next few weeks. I would think after another dozen or so calls the police and administration will get tired of responding and realize how dumb the lockdown in this case is. The police may even start sending the district bills for unneeded, frivolous calls.

Law abider

The paranoia reaction of other parents is a result of progressive indoctrination against the 2A and guns. The other reason: America has become a country where people do not trust anyone anymore.

MI_XD

What was the result of the public meeting? Did anyone attend?

Last edited:

DeSchaine

Well, if you listen to the local news, yes a few people from our side of things did attend, including Tom Lambert from MOC. However, the paranoia was rampant, and of course nothing was resolved because at least Kalamazoo Public Schools recognize that they are a local unit of Govt, and therefore pre-empted from making their own rules under state law, but they will continue to harass any parent that OC's on KPS property.