Thread: Rhode Island: 10 Rd Mag Restriction and Reciprocity Legislation. Hearings Tues Mar 22

Rhode Island: 10 Rd Mag Restriction and Reciprocity Legislation. Hearings Tues Mar 22

Rhode Island: 10 Rd Mag Restriction and Reciprocity Legislation

Rhode Island is considering several anti-gun bills as well as several pro-gun bills. Tuesday March 22 is when the House Judiciary Committee is holding hearings on "weapons-related legislation".

One of the proposals would be make it illegal to sell or own "ammunition-feeding devices that can accept more than 10 rounds"

Another bill is aimed at those who are convicted of some domestic offenses from owing or buying guns.

However....

There is Bipartisan support for the automatic renewal or a permit or license. And another bill with bipartisan support and even better yet would allow for reciprocity with other states. If you live in nearby Connecticut or Massachusetts, this will be of particular interest to you.

Unfortunately, right now... the article is short on exact details as who is sponsoring what, and what the actual bill numbers are. Hopefully that information will be forthcoming shortly.

I wanted to get this out here for those who live in or near Rhode Island. Maybe we can get enough to oppose the 10 mag restriction and support the auto renewal and the reciprocity legislation.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/loc..._gun_law_bills

"PROVIDENCE, R.I. Rhode Island lawmakers are considering more than a dozen bills that would either strengthen or relax gun restrictions in the state.

The House Judiciary Committee is set to hold a hearing on weapons-related legislation Tuesday."

I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

More than 400 people showed up to the Rhode Island statehouse Tuesday

http://www.providencejournal.com/art...NEWS/160329758

"Hours before the House Judiciary Committee commenced testimony on 14 gun-related bills, advocates on both sides arrived on Smith Hill, swarming the halls outside a tiny hearing room. There were the Rhode Island Moms Demand Action adorned in matching blue T-shirts next to the Rhode Island 2nd Amendment Coalition sporting yellow buttons that read, "Gun control does not work."
    I am not a lawyer, I study the history of gun control laws.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
    More than 400 people showed up to the Rhode Island statehouse Tuesday

http://www.providencejournal.com/art...NEWS/160329758

--snipped--
    "We cannot go a weekend in this country without a mass shooting," Rep. Aaron Regunberg, D-Providence, said, testifying on limiting high-capacity magazines."
    Total lie - not just a distortion, but a bald faced lie.

How did this end up at the end of the day?
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    "We cannot go a weekend in this country without a mass shooting," Rep. Aaron Regunberg, D-Providence, said, testifying on limiting high-capacity magazines."
    Total lie - not just a distortion, but a bald faced lie.

How did this end up at the end of the day?
    Thanks Grape ... I'll make a 1 mm tally mark using a 5000 meter writing ballpen that I use to mark such instances of antis lying .. dang! My pen ran out of ink...that's pen #239