Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Another illegal sign

  1. #1
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881

    Another illegal sign

    I was up by Capitol Hill for the opening of the new link station and spotted an unlawful no gun sign in Cal Anderson Park. I think maybe an OC session is called for there. Seattle knows this is illegal as they were sued for this and lost years ago

    Hopefully I get to see the replies here as i'm going to get footage of Hillary Clinton event in Rainier Beach High School. Guaranteed i'm going to have major LEO issues who will violate their oath to the Constitution and I expect to see many assaults. Probably be assaulted and kidnapped myself.

    No I will NOT carry there, i'm not totally insane. Though if there were enough people you bet I would.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    earth's crust
    Posts
    17,838
    I wonder ..what if with these various illegal signs due to preemption and for other reasons have no legal effect if one takes it down and provides it to the owner and letting him know that someone must have accidentally put it up?

    I mean, its not stealing ... hardly anything that would interfere with the guy's business.

    Just brain storming .... but what would any type of civil or criminal offense would occur in doing so? Maybe at worst civil but really a laughable case that might get tossed out for being laughable.

  3. #3
    Campaign Veteran Right Wing Wacko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Marysville, Washington, USA
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    I wonder ..what if with these various illegal signs due to preemption and for other reasons have no legal effect if one takes it down and provides it to the owner and letting him know that someone must have accidentally put it up?

    I mean, its not stealing ... hardly anything that would interfere with the guy's business.

    Just brain storming .... but what would any type of civil or criminal offense would occur in doing so? Maybe at worst civil but really a laughable case that might get tossed out for being laughable.

    The city is under a court order to remove those signs. They had 90 days. It's been a couple years.

  4. #4
    Campaign Veteran MSG Laigaie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Philipsburg, Montana
    Posts
    3,138
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Wing Wacko View Post
    The city is under a court order to remove those signs. They had 90 days. It's been a couple years.
    Are they putting them back up or are they old signs?
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

  5. #5
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Well they didnt look like new signs but you never can tell because they are out in the elements. How long ago was this court order? And is there a link to this? I'm going to have to contact the parks service and maybe the Mayor as well. I wish there could be an OC demonstration but nobody seems to care enough. I've posted at least two if not three times about doing one and I either not no response or an excuse based on an invalid ruling by a judge.

    From talking to people, I get the idea people do carry but they conceal around here due to fear of the consequences.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  6. #6
    Regular Member 1245A Defender's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    north mason county, Washington, USA
    Posts
    4,381

    Well,,,

    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Well they didnt look like new signs but you never can tell because they are out in the elements. How long ago was this court order? And is there a link to this? I'm going to have to contact the parks service and maybe the Mayor as well. I wish there could be an OC demonstration but nobody seems to care enough. I've posted at least two if not three times about doing one and I either not no response or an excuse based on an invalid ruling by a judge.

    From talking to people, I get the idea people do carry but they conceal around here due to fear of the consequences.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    The early OC demonstration against illegal park gun bans took place at Silverdale waterfront park back in 2009.
    The court case against illegal preempted park gun bans was settled in about 2012.
    Some how you need to find the link to the court order, then just show it to the park department.
    their is no longer any need for a "demonstration", the whole state already knows the signs are illegal!
    Last edited by 1245A Defender; 03-23-2016 at 01:36 AM.
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

    “If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

    Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

    All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

  7. #7
    Regular Member Sparky508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Graham, , USA
    Posts
    343
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    The early OC demonstration against illegal park gun bans took place at Silverdale waterfront park back in 2009.
    The court case against illegal preempted park gun bans was settled in about 2012.
    Some how you need to find the link to the court order, then just show it to the park department.
    their is no longer any need for a "demonstration", the whole state already knows the signs are illegal!
    Only demonstration required, is an individual, demonstrating proper etiquette, carrying on in a legal no fuss fashion.....
    Last edited by Sparky508; 03-23-2016 at 11:31 AM.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    Well they didnt look like new signs but you never can tell because they are out in the elements. How long ago was this court order? And is there a link to this? I'm going to have to contact the parks service and maybe the Mayor as well. I wish there could be an OC demonstration but nobody seems to care enough. I've posted at least two if not three times about doing one and I either not no response or an excuse based on an invalid ruling by a judge.

    From talking to people, I get the idea people do carry but they conceal around here due to fear of the consequences.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    Do you wish to get together in the summer on a nice and sunny day?

    I would be happy to do so and I am in Seattle every day or nearly every day in the summer. I open carried an airsoft with no particular negative results, though I read the smc and it says that carrying the airsoft is illegal . . .

  9. #9
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparky508 View Post
    Only demonstration required, is an individual, demonstrating proper etiquette, carrying on in a legal no fuss fashion.....
    the 2nd amendment foundation brought the suit against the city of Seattle and the lawyers representing them are in an office across from the library and Cronin is part of their name.

    If you go to the 2nd amendment foundation's website, they have links to the news about the case. You could also call up Cronin and company and ask them about the suit and the receptionist will probably tell you various details. If you folks wanted, I could even email one of the lawyers there that I know.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    king county
    Posts
    162
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    I was up by Capitol Hill for the opening of the new link station and spotted an unlawful no gun sign in Cal Anderson Park. I think maybe an OC session is called for there. Seattle knows this is illegal as they were sued for this and lost years ago

    Hopefully I get to see the replies here as i'm going to get footage of Hillary Clinton event in Rainier Beach High School. Guaranteed i'm going to have major LEO issues who will violate their oath to the Constitution and I expect to see many assaults. Probably be assaulted and kidnapped myself.

    No I will NOT carry there, i'm not totally insane. Though if there were enough people you bet I would.

    Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk
    I think that last summertime, there was such a sign at Seward park. Before you take these things down, get a photograph of them as they will gradually become collectors items . . . or evidence if Cronin and company ever wish to ask the judge to issue a monetary penalty against the city of Seattle.

  11. #11
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Why the uproar. The signs have no legal standing and are probably left over from before the court decision.

    If you KNOW you are carrying legally, "Carry On".
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

  12. #12
    Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    881
    Quote Originally Posted by amlevin View Post
    Why the uproar. The signs have no legal standing and are probably left over from before the court decision.

    If you KNOW you are carrying legally, "Carry On".
    But that can only go so far. If you take that to it's logical conclusion then one would ignore any and all unconstitutional laws as carry is by default constitutionally legal. But of course, the number of real Americans defending their country is at an all time low, which is why you have people pretending to support the 2A but really are content to be subserient slaves to their friendly governement
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

    "Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

    Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

  13. #13
    Regular Member Difdi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    996

    Something I'd love to know...

    Is it considered illegally defacing an official sign if you put white-out tape over the part of the sign that is itself illegal by RCW or court order?

  14. #14
    Regular Member amlevin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    North of Seattle, Washington, USA
    Posts
    5,953
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    But that can only go so far. If you take that to it's logical conclusion then one would ignore any and all unconstitutional laws as carry is by default constitutionally legal. But of course, the number of real Americans defending their country is at an all time low, which is why you have people pretending to support the 2A but really are content to be subserient slaves to their friendly governement

    Actually I have ignored laws against carrying firearms for years. When my safety is at risk I carry, period. Just remember, if you don't see it is it really there. Unless subject to search or having to pass through a "magnetometer", you can be assured that I have a firearm on my person, openly carried or not. Have yet to be challenged by a Police Officer and I've carried for more years than many here have been alive.
    "If I shoot all the ammo I am carrying I either won't need anymore or more won't help"

    "If you refuse to stand up for others now, who will stand up for you when your time comes?"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •