• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Another illegal sign

rightwinglibertarian

I was up by Capitol Hill for the opening of the new link station and spotted an unlawful no gun sign in Cal Anderson Park. I think maybe an OC session is called for there. Seattle knows this is illegal as they were sued for this and lost years ago

Hopefully I get to see the replies here as i'm going to get footage of Hillary Clinton event in Rainier Beach High School. Guaranteed i'm going to have major LEO issues who will violate their oath to the Constitution and I expect to see many assaults. Probably be assaulted and kidnapped myself.

No I will NOT carry there, i'm not totally insane. Though if there were enough people you bet I would.

Sent from my HTC Desire 626s using Tapatalk

davidmcbeth

Banned
I wonder ..what if with these various illegal signs due to preemption and for other reasons have no legal effect if one takes it down and provides it to the owner and letting him know that someone must have accidentally put it up?

I mean, its not stealing ... hardly anything that would interfere with the guy's business.

Just brain storming .... but what would any type of civil or criminal offense would occur in doing so? Maybe at worst civil but really a laughable case that might get tossed out for being laughable.

Right Wing Wacko

Campaign Veteran
I wonder ..what if with these various illegal signs due to preemption and for other reasons have no legal effect if one takes it down and provides it to the owner and letting him know that someone must have accidentally put it up?

I mean, its not stealing ... hardly anything that would interfere with the guy's business.

Just brain storming .... but what would any type of civil or criminal offense would occur in doing so? Maybe at worst civil but really a laughable case that might get tossed out for being laughable.

The city is under a court order to remove those signs. They had 90 days. It's been a couple years.

rightwinglibertarian

Well they didnt look like new signs but you never can tell because they are out in the elements. How long ago was this court order? And is there a link to this? I'm going to have to contact the parks service and maybe the Mayor as well. I wish there could be an OC demonstration but nobody seems to care enough. I've posted at least two if not three times about doing one and I either not no response or an excuse based on an invalid ruling by a judge.

From talking to people, I get the idea people do carry but they conceal around here due to fear of the consequences.

1245A Defender

Well,,,

Well they didnt look like new signs but you never can tell because they are out in the elements. How long ago was this court order? And is there a link to this? I'm going to have to contact the parks service and maybe the Mayor as well. I wish there could be an OC demonstration but nobody seems to care enough. I've posted at least two if not three times about doing one and I either not no response or an excuse based on an invalid ruling by a judge.

From talking to people, I get the idea people do carry but they conceal around here due to fear of the consequences.

The early OC demonstration against illegal park gun bans took place at Silverdale waterfront park back in 2009.
The court case against illegal preempted park gun bans was settled in about 2012.
Some how you need to find the link to the court order, then just show it to the park department.
their is no longer any need for a "demonstration", the whole state already knows the signs are illegal!

Last edited:

Sparky508

The early OC demonstration against illegal park gun bans took place at Silverdale waterfront park back in 2009.
The court case against illegal preempted park gun bans was settled in about 2012.
Some how you need to find the link to the court order, then just show it to the park department.
their is no longer any need for a "demonstration", the whole state already knows the signs are illegal!

Only demonstration required, is an individual, demonstrating proper etiquette, carrying on in a legal no fuss fashion.....

Last edited:

zaitz

Banned

Do you wish to get together in the summer on a nice and sunny day?

I would be happy to do so and I am in Seattle every day or nearly every day in the summer. I open carried an airsoft with no particular negative results, though I read the smc and it says that carrying the airsoft is illegal . . .

zaitz

Banned
Only demonstration required, is an individual, demonstrating proper etiquette, carrying on in a legal no fuss fashion.....

the 2nd amendment foundation brought the suit against the city of Seattle and the lawyers representing them are in an office across from the library and Cronin is part of their name.

If you go to the 2nd amendment foundation's website, they have links to the news about the case. You could also call up Cronin and company and ask them about the suit and the receptionist will probably tell you various details. If you folks wanted, I could even email one of the lawyers there that I know.

zaitz

Banned
I was up by Capitol Hill for the opening of the new link station and spotted an unlawful no gun sign in Cal Anderson Park. I think maybe an OC session is called for there. Seattle knows this is illegal as they were sued for this and lost years ago

Hopefully I get to see the replies here as i'm going to get footage of Hillary Clinton event in Rainier Beach High School. Guaranteed i'm going to have major LEO issues who will violate their oath to the Constitution and I expect to see many assaults. Probably be assaulted and kidnapped myself.

No I will NOT carry there, i'm not totally insane. Though if there were enough people you bet I would.

I think that last summertime, there was such a sign at Seward park. Before you take these things down, get a photograph of them as they will gradually become collectors items . . . or evidence if Cronin and company ever wish to ask the judge to issue a monetary penalty against the city of Seattle.

rightwinglibertarian

Why the uproar. The signs have no legal standing and are probably left over from before the court decision.

If you KNOW you are carrying legally, "Carry On".

But that can only go so far. If you take that to it's logical conclusion then one would ignore any and all unconstitutional laws as carry is by default constitutionally legal. But of course, the number of real Americans defending their country is at an all time low, which is why you have people pretending to support the 2A but really are content to be subserient slaves to their friendly governement

Difdi

Something I'd love to know...

Is it considered illegally defacing an official sign if you put white-out tape over the part of the sign that is itself illegal by RCW or court order?

amlevin

But that can only go so far. If you take that to it's logical conclusion then one would ignore any and all unconstitutional laws as carry is by default constitutionally legal. But of course, the number of real Americans defending their country is at an all time low, which is why you have people pretending to support the 2A but really are content to be subserient slaves to their friendly governement

Actually I have ignored laws against carrying firearms for years. When my safety is at risk I carry, period. Just remember, if you don't see it is it really there. Unless subject to search or having to pass through a "magnetometer", you can be assured that I have a firearm on my person, openly carried or not. Have yet to be challenged by a Police Officer and I've carried for more years than many here have been alive.