Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the truth about this "full auto" rifle?

What's the truth about this "full auto" rifle?

THIS rifle, made in Florida, has 3 settings: "Peace" (safety on), "War" (safety off, semi-auto), and "God Wils It" (full auto).

I call Barbra Streisand on the full auto claim. No manufacturer or dealer would last 3 seconds selling post-1986 machine guns to civilians. And especially @ that price. (Try buying a decent pre-'86 for under 15K)

No way that thing is true full auto. It's either using a Hellfire or Tac-Con 3MR trigger system (neither which is true full auto) or that selector switch is the lock for a bump fire stock.

If that was a true, full auto selector switch the ATF would be on it like stink on poop.

Anyone have any idea what the truth is about that rifle?

Many makers have been putting fake selector positions on their rifles for some time. You are correct in your assumption that it doesn't actually make it full-auto.

I'm assuming the rifle in question is an AR, but many of us have also put fake selector switches on our M14 type rifles as well.

Notice how this rifle does NOT have the pin that holds the auto sear:

It would be located above the semi-auto position:

Last edited by MAC702; 03-23-2016 at 01:35 AM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    In CT its legal to have a fully auto .... what's wrong with that? Nothing.

It's not whats on the outside (engraving) it's whats on the inside (auto sear) that will get you into trouble with the batf.
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the people's liberty teeth (and) keystone... the rifle and the pistol are equally indispensable... more than 99% of them by their silence indicate that they are in safe and sane hands. The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference .When firearms go, all goes, we need them every hour." -- George Washington

I have seen some triggers that I believe use the switch positioning to enable a bump fire feature. Not technically fully automatic, but it is assisted fire setting.

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    A lot of people are in prison for doing nothing wrong.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post

It is NOT legal to have full auto on a weapon made after 1986. It should be per the2nd Amendment, but it isn't.

My point is, this rifle then cannot be true full auto and I'm surprised they're claiming it is.

I'd like to know more about it but info currently available is a bit sketchy.

their crusader rifle is not NFA, especially at 1.3K. http://www.spikestactical.com/crusad...-2-p-1319.html

their NFA products start at 2.9K - 3.1K http://www.spikestactical.com/nfa-products-c-244.html

the confederate flag motif was interesting also...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Spike's makes decent stuff.

I have one of their Honey Badger lowers:
    http://www.spikestactical.com/images/_DSC2010.jpg

Markings for full auto don't matter; the gun is fine if semi-auto.

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    It is NOT legal to have full auto on a weapon made after 1986. It should be per the2nd Amendment, but it isn't.

My point is, this rifle then cannot be true full auto and I'm surprised they're claiming it is.

I'd like to know more about it but info currently available is a bit sketchy.
    Just to clarify---- manufacturers of NFA weapons, dealers for samples, law enforcement, and the military are able to legally possess these NFA arms made after the 1986 date. It is only us serfs that can't legally possess them.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

Quote Originally Posted by gutshot View Post
    ...That rifle could be using a DIAS (drop in auto sear) or a Lightening Link. Neither of them requires a pin and both produce true full auto fire...
    Yes, but such rifles are always full-auto while the DIAS or LL is installed. There is no third position on the selector.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-23-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Oops, yes, I was wrong this time about the DIAS. I misread my source. It does allow semi-automatic fire and a three-position selector. But not the LL. Taking it out doesn't count as using the selector.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-23-2016 at 11:07 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    A lot of people are in prison for doing nothing wrong.
    That's why they call it tyranny ...

Bloods must be spilled by tyrants and patriots alike ... to insure freedom

You are just wrong about that. It could be full auto and could be sold to police depts.
    There is nothing in that link to suggest these rifles are being made for anything but the civilian market.

And, BTW, do you really think any government agency is going to buy rifles with that etching on it? And "God Wills It" on the selector switch? Get real.

And why are all your posts entirely in bold type? Do you mean to sound like you're screaming at the top of your lungs?
    Last edited by pkbites; 03-24-2016 at 03:53 AM.

looking for the bag of BSA popcorn and slurpy...

drawing up the comfortable chair

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

...Well you can count it or not as you see fit....
    I'm counting it in the context of the thread, which was about the selector switch.

BTW, it is possible to correct someone without being an arrogant ass. I take the correction well. The attitude, not so much.

Was I supposed to brag about shooting machine guns every month? Nothing with a DIAS, though. My bad. All the full-auto ARs that I shoot are registered receivers, not registered DIAS's. Last month was a belt-fed match. The month before was our Tommy guns. Next month is more versatile, as it's the 3-gun match, so it'll be a wide variety of subguns.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Originally Posted by pkbites --snipped--

And why are all your posts entirely in bold type? Do you mean to sound like you're screaming at the top of your lungs?
    All bold is not yelling or screaming. It is the acceptable alternative to typing in color to highlight words/phrases.

Specifically, user Gutshot has a dispensation from the administration due to vision limitations - end of story.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    ...Specifically, user Gutshot has a dispensation from the administration due to vision limitations - end of story.
    Just curious, how does he read everybody else's posts? Every computer I know has the ability on the user's end to enlarge everything for those with limited vision.

Should all of us type in large bold font? I don't want anyone to think that we are being cavalier to his needs.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Back on topic, please.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

The truth is that you can decorate your rifle any way you want to.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

user Gutshot has a dispensation from the administration due to vision limitations - end of story.
    ?
    ?
    ?

How does making everything bold for the rest of us help him?

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    The truth is that you can decorate your rifle any way you want to.
    What does that have to do with anything?

This isn't a very difficult question. Are these rifles true full auto or are they not. Gutshots assertion that there is a large enough base of people that can possess post '86 full auto that a company could make a decent income on them is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by pkbites View Post
    ?
    ?
    ?

How does making everything bold for the rest of us help him?
    Asked and answered + permission on private property is the decision of the owner.

What does that have to do with anything?

This isn't a very difficult question. Are these rifles true full auto or are they not. Gutshots assertion that there is a large enough base of people that can possess post '86 full auto that a company could make a decent income on them is ridiculous.
    Everything is relative.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-28-2016 at 06:13 AM.

... Everything is relative.
    Where business is concerned, making money, there is no relativity. Either you are making money or you are not. The laws are such that full auto weapons are a very small niche the market. Just like a G650 is easily obtained if ya got the money...just sayin.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Where business is concerned, making money, there is no relativity. Either you are making money or you are not. The laws are such that full auto weapons are a very small niche the market. Just like a G650 is easily obtained if ya got the money...just sayin.
    Are those companies making full auto all losing money? There must be some volume of compensation beyond atta boys.

Are those companies making full auto all losing money? There must be some volume of compensation beyond atta boys.
    Government don't count...please do not muddy the discussion.
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast