• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What's the truth about this "full auto" rifle?

pkbites

THIS rifle, made in Florida, has 3 settings: "Peace" (safety on), "War" (safety off, semi-auto), and "God Wils It" (full auto).

I call Barbra Streisand on the full auto claim. No manufacturer or dealer would last 3 seconds selling post-1986 machine guns to civilians. And especially @ that price. (Try buying a decent pre-'86 for under 15K)

No way that thing is true full auto. It's either using a Hellfire or Tac-Con 3MR trigger system (neither which is true full auto) or that selector switch is the lock for a bump fire stock.

If that was a true, full auto selector switch the ATF would be on it like stink on poop.

Anyone have any idea what the truth is about that rifle?

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Many makers have been putting fake selector positions on their rifles for some time. You are correct in your assumption that it doesn't actually make it full-auto.

I'm assuming the rifle in question is an AR, but many of us have also put fake selector switches on our M14 type rifles as well.

Notice how this rifle does NOT have the pin that holds the auto sear:

329264_03_spikes_tactical_m4_flat_top_bu_640.jpg

It would be located above the semi-auto position:

UZB8-Z-CU1-L.jpg

Last edited:

Arin Morris

I have seen some triggers that I believe use the switch positioning to enable a bump fire feature. Not technically fully automatic, but it is assisted fire setting.

pkbites

In CT its legal to have a fully auto .... what's wrong with that? Nothing.

It is NOT legal to have full auto on a weapon made after 1986. It should be per the2nd Amendment, but it isn't.

My point is, this rifle then cannot be true full auto and I'm surprised they're claiming it is.

I'd like to know more about it but info currently available is a bit sketchy.

JoeSparky

Centurion
It is NOT legal to have full auto on a weapon made after 1986. It should be per the2nd Amendment, but it isn't.

My point is, this rifle then cannot be true full auto and I'm surprised they're claiming it is.

I'd like to know more about it but info currently available is a bit sketchy.
Just to clarify---- manufacturers of NFA weapons, dealers for samples, law enforcement, and the military are able to legally possess these NFA arms made after the 1986 date. It is only us serfs that can't legally possess them.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...That rifle could be using a DIAS (drop in auto sear) or a Lightening Link. Neither of them requires a pin and both produce true full auto fire...

Yes, but such rifles are always full-auto while the DIAS or LL is installed. There is no third position on the selector.

Last edited:

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
Oops, yes, I was wrong this time about the DIAS. I misread my source. It does allow semi-automatic fire and a three-position selector. But not the LL. Taking it out doesn't count as using the selector.

Last edited:

pkbites

You are just wrong about that. It could be full auto and could be sold to police depts.

There is nothing in that link to suggest these rifles are being made for anything but the civilian market.

And, BTW, do you really think any government agency is going to buy rifles with that etching on it? And "God Wills It" on the selector switch? Get real. :rolleyes:

And why are all your posts entirely in bold type? Do you mean to sound like you're screaming at the top of your lungs?

Last edited:

solus

looking for the bag of BSA popcorn and slurpy...

drawing up the comfortable chair

ipse

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Well you can count it or not as you see fit....

I'm counting it in the context of the thread, which was about the selector switch.

BTW, it is possible to correct someone without being an arrogant ass. I take the correction well. The attitude, not so much.

Was I supposed to brag about shooting machine guns every month? Nothing with a DIAS, though. My bad. All the full-auto ARs that I shoot are registered receivers, not registered DIAS's. Last month was a belt-fed match. The month before was our Tommy guns. Next month is more versatile, as it's the 3-gun match, so it'll be a wide variety of subguns.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by pkbites --snipped--

And why are all your posts entirely in bold type? Do you mean to sound like you're screaming at the top of your lungs?
All bold is not yelling or screaming. It is the acceptable alternative to typing in color to highlight words/phrases.

Specifically, user Gutshot has a dispensation from the administration due to vision limitations - end of story.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...Specifically, user Gutshot has a dispensation from the administration due to vision limitations - end of story.

Just curious, how does he read everybody else's posts? Every computer I know has the ability on the user's end to enlarge everything for those with limited vision.

Should all of us type in large bold font? I don't want anyone to think that we are being cavalier to his needs.

Last edited: