• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brussels outrage and the bizarre NRA recall flap

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
"It is against this backdrop that an ongoing flap targeting a veteran member of the National Rifle Association’s Board of Directors with a recall effort could venture from the surreal into the Twilight Zone. Grover Norquist, first elected to the board in 2000, is himself in the crosshairs of some people for alleged association some years ago with “radical Islamists and Muslims, as claimed in a booklet called ‘Agent of Influence.’” That language came straight from a report from a special NRA Hearing Board that appeared in the NRA’s American Rifleman magazine."

"Norquist has garnered some high-powered support from people who have known him for many years. They include Ed Meese, U.S. attorney general under Ronald Reagan; Alan Gottlieb, founder of the Second Amendment Foundation; former NRA Presidents Sandra Froman and David Keene, and NRA Directors Todd Rathner, Joe Allbaugh, Wayne Anthony Ross, Scott Bach, Bob Barr, Jim Gilmore, Sen. Larry Craig and Ted Nugent. Also siding with Norquist are John Lott, author and president of the Crime Prevention Research Center; Brandon Combs, president of the Firearms Policy Coalition in California, and Jeff Knox, director of the Firearms Coalition.

That's a pretty broad bunch of people who do not always agree with one another. Yet they have reached the same conclusion in this case, and recommend a "NO" vote on the recall. That should tell NRA voting members everything they need to know."

http://www.examiner.com/article/bru...e-nra-recall-flap?CID=examiner_alerts_article

davidmcbeth

Banned
I've met the guy .. nice guy..I have not seen anything or actual PROOF of anything to change my opinion.

So a NO vote sounds reasonable ...