Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Had an incident

Had an incident

Had an icident happen last Friday that I'm not 100% sure that I should talk about it, but never the less had Bonney Lake PD tied up for a bit. End result I was released, they took my weapon for a "24 hour hold" and now I'm being told they have to talk to the prosecuting attorney. FYI I did nothing wrong according to the police. Self defense.

Get a lawyer. Keep details on here limited.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Banned
    Well, get a lawyer ready if you cannot competently represent yourself.

No need to spend $$$ yet. Unless you want to learn what you may be charged with and carry the cash for bail on you.

Then if arrested, ya can pay the bail right there and then and save some paper work and other hassles.

Good luck.

Or certainly look into a bail bondsmen ... I carry a card in my wallet ... never had to use it but its there when needed.
    Last edited by davidmcbeth; 03-24-2016 at 03:38 AM.

Well,,,

If the cops said you did nothing wrong,, why do they need to talk to the pers, er, a, prosecuter???
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

I am a member of a group called second call defense that handles issues such as this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Animalou812 View Post
    I am a member of a group called second call defense that handles issues such as this.
    LOL. Only $120 to $500 per year whether or not it is used.

http://www.secondcalldefense.org/plans-and-pricing
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalou812 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

Looked at and rejected repeatedly. Too many disclaimers, unknowns, and fish hooks. Don't see how it could be otherwise.

Can't insure against illegal acts.

Only pays if charges dropped or found innocent.

Initial attorney contact (hello, my name is) then you are on your own.

Always read the fine print........or lack thereof.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post

I know the guy and lets just say you want to wear really tight jeans around him; it's hard to get your wallet out of your pocket when wearing tight jeans.

"[U]nderwritten by Lloyds of London" means good luck. Lloyds of London is the bottom of the barrel insurance. It actually does not have liquid funds. The way I understand it works is that the money you get is actually a loan. If you prevail they forgive the loan.

I asked him for a copy of the terms and conditions/contract, but it was never forthcoming.
    Last edited by color of law; 03-24-2016 at 02:58 PM. Reason: spelling

The only details are firearm, self defense, police, meeting with prosecutor.
    Those are more than enough details to know you don't go in there without a lawyer.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by briehl12 View Post
    Had an incident happen last Friday that I'm not 100% sure that I should talk about it, but never the less had Bonney Lake PD tied up for a bit. End result I was released, they took my weapon for a "24 hour hold" and now I'm being told they have to talk to the prosecuting attorney. FYI I did nothing wrong according to the police. Self defense.
    Ditto, don't go without a lawyer. Better, yet just don't go! The fact that the police have told you that you did nothing 'wrong' means absolutely nothing. You are heading into a fishing expedition and your name is on the menu.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OC4me View Post
    Ditto, don't go without a lawyer. Better, yet just don't go! The fact that the police have told you that you did nothing 'wrong' means absolutely nothing. You are heading into a fishing expedition and your name is on the menu.
    Yeah, I missed that.

Sure, come on in .... lets have a chat ....

A 15 yr chat.

Had an icident happen last Friday that I'm not 100% sure that I should talk about it, but never the less had Bonney Lake PD tied up for a bit. End result I was released, they took my weapon for a "24 hour hold" and now I'm being told they have to talk to the prosecuting attorney. FYI I did nothing wrong according to the police. Self defense.
    The cops will tell you that you did nothing wrong and then wait to see what you say that they can use against you in court, stop talking to Cops for any reason. Cops lie, that is what they do.
    Throw me to the wolves and I will come back leading the pack.

Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    If the cops said you did nothing wrong,, why do they need to talk to the pers, er, a, prosecuter???
    Usually, the cops will not say you did nothing wrong, but something along the lines of they can't see that you did anything wrong. Big difference. The cops are not legal experts, and anything that isn't crystal clear needs a decision from the DA, who is a legal expert.

Nothing wrong with that process, when it's done correctly.

But that still means you do not volunteer information except through your attorney. The cops get their attorney (the DA) involved, and they know the system better than you.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-24-2016 at 10:43 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Centurion
    Quote Originally Posted by 1245A Defender View Post
    And why did they SEIZE your firearm?
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

See what had happen was after all the commotion they told me that after a weapon is brought in the situation, it's a mandatory 24hr hold. I haven't heard back from anyone yet and I am under the impression that the 24hr hold is over. However property worker states that in cases like this the pa like to hold onto property.

Not sure what I should do at this point. Everything was recorded on the 911 call I made.

Also every person that was questioned has the same story as mine. My witnesses.
    Last edited by briehl12; 03-24-2016 at 11:01 PM.

...Not sure what I should do at this point. ...
    What does your attorney say? There is paperwork that can be filed to demand your property. The system is set up so that the common man doesn't know how to use it.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Banned
    If the gun cost $200 and the attny $1000 .... why pay $1000 chasing $200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by davidmcbeth View Post
    If the gun cost $200 and the attny $1000 .... why pay $1000 chasing $200 ?
    There's also that. And the system counts on it.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-25-2016 at 12:11 AM.

Centurion
    See what had happen was after all the commotion they told me that after a weapon is brought in the situation, it's a mandatory 24hr hold. I haven't heard back from anyone yet and I am under the impression that the 24hr hold is over. However property worker states that in cases like this the pa like to hold onto property.

Not sure what I should do at this point. Everything was recorded on the 911 call I made.

Also every person that was questioned has the same story as mine. My witnesses.
    So is this 'mandatory' hold a policy or a matter of law---- if policy, they have seized your private property without a warrant to justify same. If a matter of law--- they should give you the Washington state code that allows it. At least it seems this way to me!
    Last edited by JoeSparky; 03-25-2016 at 12:17 AM.
    RIGHTS don't exist without RESPONSIBILITY!
    If one is not willing to stand for his rights, he doesn't have any Rights.
    I will strive to stand for the rights of ANY person, even those folks with whom I disagree!
    As said by SVG--- "I am not anti-COP, I am PRO-Citizen" and I'll add, PRO-Constitution.
    If the above makes me a RADICAL or EXTREME--- So be it!

Life Member NRA
    Life Member GOA
    2nd amendment says.... "...The right of the people to keep and bear arms SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!"

I did not find any 24 hold in the rcw upon quick search.

If that is a "policy" then that violates state preemption. It can also be used to create bogus evidence of you having committed a crime to solve a cold case.

Spend casings, ballistics, looks like the gun used at another location. ..

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk
    Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

sorry Freedom, there might be a hold if this were a DV altercation...1) my witnesses... 2) firearm brought into the situation... 3) BL PD tied up for a bit... 4) you did nothing wrong...

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sorry Freedom, there might be a hold if this were a DV altercation...1) my witnesses... 2) firearm brought into the situation... 3) BL PD tied up for a bit... 4) you did nothing wrong...

ipse
    If it was DV4 in Washington he would be sitting in jail not posting in this forum.

Been charged in this state, you're guilty until proven innocent. I got the charges dropped but man oh man.

Provision for free medical attendance and nursing, for clothing, for food, for housing, for the education of children, and a hundred other matters, might with equal propriety be proposed as tending to relieve the employee of mental strain and worry. --- These matters obviously lie outside the orbit of congressional power. (Railroad Retirement Board v Alton Railroad)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom1Man View Post
    If it was DV4 in Washington he would be sitting in jail not posting in this forum.

Been charged in this state, you're guilty until proven innocent. I got the charges dropped but man oh man.

since his witness said he did nothing wrong...but error in judgement in bring a firearm into the fracas ??

bonney lake police blotter has nothing listed whatsoever about fracas w/firearm

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

DV related. Hrm.

Just wait until the mindless drones here vote in "extremist risk protection orders" via initiative and we have angry exes and anti-gun former roommates getting bored and calling police.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    DV related. Hrm.

Just wait until the mindless drones here vote in "extremist risk protection orders" via initiative and we have angry exes and anti-gun former roommates getting bored and calling police.
    Very real worry in this state.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast