• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Had an incident

davidmcbeth

Banned
Gato+armado+25.jpg

I'd let the guy borrow my cat's gun ... but the cat doesn't want to trade it for a 9mm. Crazy cat.

Really, go get another gun (or 2 or 3 etc) OP. And then get the one being held when able to.

I wonder how many forum members only have one gun? Not many I would think.

never keep all guns/ammo at one location is also on of my mottos ... your house could always burn down, be victim of thieves etc.

Last edited:

solus

RCW 9.41.345
Return of privately owned firearm by law enforcement agency—Duties—Notice—Exception.
(1) Before a law enforcement agency returns a privately owned firearm, the law enforcement agency must:
(a) Confirm that the individual to whom the firearm will be returned is the individual from whom the firearm was obtained or an authorized representative of that person;
(b) Confirm that the individual to whom the firearm will be returned is eligible to possess a firearm pursuant to RCW 9.41.040;
(c) Ensure that the firearm is not otherwise required to be held in custody or otherwise prohibited from being released; and
(d) Ensure that twenty-four hours have elapsed from the time the firearm was obtained by law enforcement.
(2)(a) Once the requirements in subsections (1) and (3) of this section have been met, a law enforcement agency must release a firearm to the individual from whom it was obtained or an authorized representative of that person upon request without unnecessary delay.
(b)(i) If a firearm cannot be returned because it is required to be held in custody or is otherwise prohibited from being released, a law enforcement agency must provide written notice to the individual from whom it was obtained within five business days of the individual requesting return of his or her firearm and specify the reason the firearm must be held in custody.
(ii) Notification may be made via email, text message, mail service, or personal service. For methods other than personal service, service shall be considered complete once the notification is sent.
(3) If a family or household member has requested to be notified pursuant to RCW 9.41.340, a law enforcement agency must:
(a) Provide notice to the family or household member within one business day of verifying that the requirements in subsection (1) of this section have been met; and
(b) Hold the firearm in custody for seventy-two hours from the time notification has been provided.

OP do not call, visit, or do anything but send a registered and certified letter to the MLPD chief requesting the return of your firearm IAW this RCW

ipse

twoskinsonemanns

As a sponsor and contributor to The Wikimedia Foundation, I must leap to its defense. The Wikipedia is a crowd sourced knowledge base for which the user bears the responsibility of vetting and editing articles in his area of expertise. I am expert and professional in certain narrow areas and my articles are perfect.

Sic is the first word of the Latin phrase Sic erat scriptum.

I think wiki get's a lot of negativity because of the weak minded person's innate desire for someone to have authority over them. This translates into a distrust for a record that can be influence by the "commoners" and not by an institute appointed expert. I appreciate wiki and use it quite often.

Beside the anecdotal comments already made, do you wiki haters have any actual examples of wiki currently being inaccurate?

mikeyb

I think wiki get's a lot of negativity because of the weak minded person's innate desire for someone to have authority over them. This translates into a distrust for a record that can be influence by the "commoners" and not by an institute appointed expert. I appreciate wiki and use it quite often.

Beside the anecdotal comments already made, do you wiki haters have any actual examples of wiki currently being inaccurate?

Uh, the moon landings?

:lol: Just kidding.

I think wiki has improved from it's first few years as being a widespread knowledgebase. I usually go there for quick info on questions I need answered.

solus

Had an icident happen last Friday that I'm not 100% sure that I should talk about it, but never the less had Bonney Lake PD tied up for a bit. End result I was released, they took my weapon for a "24 hour hold" and now I'm being told they have to talk to the prosecuting attorney. FYI I did nothing wrong according to the police. Self defense.

ok briehl, it is now 45 days later and you have been shown RCW 9.41.345 5 written notice must return within 5 days provision as well as given copious amount of non legal advice regarding your 'incident'...

status?

ipse

davidmcbeth

Banned
ok briehl, it is now 45 days later and you have been shown RCW 9.41.345 5 written notice must return within 5 days provision as well as given copious amount of non legal advice regarding your 'incident'...

status?

ipse

Maybe next time he visits he'll answer .. but he has visited for about a month.

solus

Had an icident happen last Friday that I'm not 100% sure that I should talk about it, but never the less had Bonney Lake PD tied up for a bit. End result I was released, they took my weapon for a "24 hour hold" and now I'm being told they have to talk to the prosecuting attorney. FYI I did nothing wrong according to the police. Self defense.

Maybe next time he visits he'll answer .. but he has visited for about a month.

hummmm good catch...wonder if his purported "innocence" caught up with him??

now where did i leave my FOIA worksheet to send to BLPD...

ipse

Last edited:

briehl12

Been busy starting a new job. Hence the reason for my absence. This whole process is very new to me and was not explained well by prosecuting attorney. Went to court on the 28th of last month to petition the court for my firearm. Couldn't stay long enough because I was on the clock. Work in sales and explained I needed to be out ASAP. As it turns out, they had started morning court at 1:30 pm. I arrived for 2:30 court on time. Left at 4pm. Had to get back to work. Turns out they didn't hear the case til 545. I'm in sales so
Any time away from the office is lost sales for me. They extended the hearing 5/25 and I have to take the time off. Finally was explained why I needed to be there. I'm not the one being charged. This other guy is being charged, but I have to be there since I drew my weapon on him.

JoeSparky

Centurion
Been busy starting a new job. Hence the reason for my absence. This whole process is very new to me and was not explained well by prosecuting attorney. Went to court on the 28th of last month to petition the court for my firearm. Couldn't stay long enough because I was on the clock. Work in sales and explained I needed to be out ASAP. As it turns out, they had started morning court at 1:30 pm. I arrived for 2:30 court on time. Left at 4pm. Had to get back to work. Turns out they didn't hear the case til 545. I'm in sales so
Any time away from the office is lost sales for me. They extended the hearing 5/25 and I have to take the time off. Finally was explained why I needed to be there. I'm not the one being charged. This other guy is being charged, but I have to be there since I drew my weapon on him.

So, they are keeping your weapon for no other reason but to insure that you, a witness who was armed, will be in attendance at the hearing? Have you been subpoenaed by either the prosecution or defense? And, since you are not the defendant, why will they even allow you to bring this legally un-related matter before the court as the absolute most you are is a witness.

solus

RCW 9.41.345 2(b)(1)
five days after written notification, LEs must provide written notification why firearm wont be released...

not a verbal, not from DA, 5 days...you must ask for its return since the badguy didnt use YOUR firearm, the firearm is not evidence in a crime!!!

ipse

Last edited:

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
Either we have a stupid poster, a crooked court or both. If the poster has done his due diligence I apologize, but either way I bet the court is crooked.

Freedom1Man

Either we have a stupid poster, a crooked court or both. If the poster has done his due diligence I apologize, but either way I bet the court is crooked.
I know, from my experiences, that the courts in this state are generally crooked.

The OP needs to make sure that written notice gets served.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Jeff Hayes

RCW 9.41.345
Return of privately owned firearm by law enforcement agency—Duties—Notice—Exception.
(1) Before a law enforcement agency returns a privately owned firearm, the law enforcement agency must:
(a) Confirm that the individual to whom the firearm will be returned is the individual from whom the firearm was obtained or an authorized representative of that person;
(b) Confirm that the individual to whom the firearm will be returned is eligible to possess a firearm pursuant to RCW 9.41.040;
(c) Ensure that the firearm is not otherwise required to be held in custody or otherwise prohibited from being released; and
(d) Ensure that twenty-four hours have elapsed from the time the firearm was obtained by law enforcement.
(2)(a) Once the requirements in subsections (1) and (3) of this section have been met, a law enforcement agency must release a firearm to the individual from whom it was obtained or an authorized representative of that person upon request without unnecessary delay.
(b)(i) If a firearm cannot be returned because it is required to be held in custody or is otherwise prohibited from being released, a law enforcement agency must provide written notice to the individual from whom it was obtained within five business days of the individual requesting return of his or her firearm and specify the reason the firearm must be held in custody.
(ii) Notification may be made via email, text message, mail service, or personal service. For methods other than personal service, service shall be considered complete once the notification is sent.
(3) If a family or household member has requested to be notified pursuant to RCW 9.41.340, a law enforcement agency must:
(a) Provide notice to the family or household member within one business day of verifying that the requirements in subsection (1) of this section have been met; and
(b) Hold the firearm in custody for seventy-two hours from the time notification has been provided.

OP do not call, visit, or do anything but send a registered and certified letter to the MLPD chief requesting the return of your firearm IAW this RCW

ipse

What is painfully lacking is a penalty for LE not complying with the law, in my mind the penalty should double each time the law is ignored.

solus

What is painfully lacking is a penalty for LE not complying with the law, in my mind the penalty should double each time the law is ignored.

first jeff, a citizen must challenge the nice LEs in writing, then have the citizen's written challenge ignored, then and only then can we say the nice LE's have failed to comply with the RCW.

ipse

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned
I know, from my experiences, that the courts in this state are generally crooked.

The OP needs to make sure that written notice gets served.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Crooked courts? Look, you because you and every other American who has been in a courtroom has had similar experiences does not give you the right to say that they are "generally" crooked.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
I saw that as sarcasm, or a mock absurd defense: "Hey just because they've been crooked to almost everybody who's experienced them, doesn't mean they really are."