Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This gun looks exactly like a smartphone

This gun looks exactly like a smartphone

Bug?
    is that a pistol in your pocket, or are you just... Carrying an iphone?

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/thi...?siteid=yhoof2
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Rehash of old thread topic. Search is your friend.
    I am responsible for my writing, not your understanding of it.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    One of several similar.

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ght=smartphone
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
    This forum is not nearly active enough that we need to be complaining about some topics being repeated on occasion. Forums are for live discussion, libraries are for archives. Where are we?
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Not even close to the same thing.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    Bug?
    When I first saw that little pistol, I kind of dismissed it thinking I'd never want to carry it as a primary, but I didn't consider that it might make a good BUG. Looks like it'd be awkward to shoot, but for a BUG, I suppose that doesn't matter as much.
    Advocate freedom please

Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    Not even close to the same thing.
    Sure it is. Smartphone, smartphone case.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

This forum is not nearly active enough that we need to be complaining about some topics being repeated on occasion. Forums are for live discussion, libraries are for archives. Where are we?
    OCDO is not Faceboog. Forums are indeed for live discussion, while walls are for tagging with mindless graffiti.

Libraries are for research, repositories of knowledge.

Two shot unwieldy derringer in a pipsqueak caliber, take at least a few seconds to deploy as a life saving tool.

"New from Robco: The hand grenade that looks like a baby binky!!"

Concealed carry gun looks like a smartphone

This gun may be a fangled invention that has 2500 people drooling over it. It is a two shot 380. Seriously! a two shot pea shooter made right here in Minnesota. Who is behind these 2 shot shot pea shooters? 380s recoil and kick and two bullets are seriously going to reduce the probability to stop anyone. It folds up like a smartphone. Bond Arms does better that this gun with their derringers.

Here comes the perp! Pull out fangle out of your pocket begin to unfold.... Perp gets you first.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/03/21/news...rry/index.html

http://idealconceal.com/
    Last edited by Law abider; 03-24-2016 at 05:00 PM.

Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by color of law View Post
    Add my opening monologue to it I guess and delete this thread

--Moderator note--
    --Merged threads--
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-24-2016 at 07:59 PM.

State Researcher
    An interesting novelty.

Nothing wrong with a .380 for a bug or deep concealment. But with no shortage of 6+ round capacity in existing semi-autos, and pocket holsters that allow carry as discretely as this 2 shot version, I'm not seeing the appeal.

I can darn near conceal my .380 in my hand, fully ready to fire if needed.

But, to each their own.

And I do like the innovation. It is a shame federal law requires firearms to look like guns in order to fire. It really limits innovation.

A friend of mine collects antiques and has a nice collection of palm guns, belt guns, and other firearms that do not look anything like firearms, but were intended (mostly) for the 19th or early 20th century lady or gentleman in need of a little, discrete, self-defense.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    Libraries are for research, repositories of knowledge.
    Don't forget just good ol' recreational reading. We recently learned that the children's reading room at the library of congress frequently gets pre-release copies of the newest books for children and young adults.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

The moderator is very accommodating of civil requests.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian D. View Post
    Two shot unwieldy derringer in a pipsqueak caliber, take at least a few seconds to deploy as a life saving tool.

"New from Robco: The hand grenade that looks like a baby binky!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    An interesting novelty.

Nothing wrong with a .380 for a bug or deep concealment. But with no shortage of 6+ round capacity in existing semi-autos, and pocket holsters that allow carry as discretely as this 2 shot version, I'm not seeing the appeal.

I can darn near conceal my .380 in my hand, fully ready to fire if needed.
    Good points, good points... I guess in the broader context this probably can't be much more than a novelty.

Quote Originally Posted by utbagpiper View Post
    And I do like the innovation. It is a shame federal law requires firearms to look like guns in order to fire. It really limits innovation.
    I actually didn't know that. Learn something new every day, right?
    Advocate freedom please

Founder's Club Member
    The belt clip version looks silly--like the whole world isn't going to wonder about the two muzzles on the end of your "phone".
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Founder's Club Member

Terry Stops

Terry Stop pat-downs are going to become more intrusive now. Every smart phone will be seized for officer safety.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Banned
    Wonder if anyone accidentally shot themselves in the head trying to make a call?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen View Post
    The belt clip version looks silly--like the whole world isn't going to wonder about the two muzzles on the end of your "phone".
    Hehe, true.. On the other hand, many report actual OCed firearms going seemingly unnoticed, so, they might not wonder about it.
    Terry Stop pat-downs are going to become more intrusive now. Every smart phone will be seized for officer safety.
    Come on now, don't give them ideas. They shouldn't become more intrusive. We should be clear and direct on that point rather than declare it inevitable.
    Advocate freedom please

Gadget guns like this have been available--at least write ups on them have--for years now. So far I haven't seen reports of Terry stops increasing because somebody has a phone, thicker-than-normal stainless steel pen**, etc. in their pocket.

**The pen reference is to the pistol made for a short time by American Derringer. Single shot, I bought one in .25 acp as a sort of in-the-future collector's item. Sure enough they stopped making them in fairly short order. Mine had been fired only a couple times (couldn't resist) and I still had the original box, paperwork, etc. It fetched me a good profit.

Shouldn't this be classified as a AOW by the ATFE?
    If I have to register my Beretta 950BS as an AOW when it's inserted into a wallet holster because it can't be distinguished as a pistol then how is this different.
    Looks like a cell phone to me.
    <MP>

Founder's Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MP(Retired) View Post
    Shouldn't this be classified as a AOW by the ATFE?
    If I have to register my Beretta 950BS as an AOW when it's inserted into a wallet holster because it can't be distinguished as a pistol then how is this different.
    Looks like a cell phone to me.
    <MP>
    No. The BATFE has a long history of abusing rights.*

The correct answer is not to infringe this gun because an earlier holster was infringed. The correct answer is to abolish the BATFE.

*See the video about the Gang by Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership. Some clips are on YouTube.

No. The BATFE has a long history of abusing rights.*

The correct answer is not to infringe this gun because an earlier holster was infringed. The correct answer is to abolish the BATFE.

*See the video about the Gang by Jews for the Preservation of Firearm Ownership. Some clips are on YouTube.
    Well said. I'd add that we should remember that a [governmental agency] big/powerful enough to [hold back on classifying something as "banned"] is a [governmental agency] big/powerful enough to [classify it as banned]*.

*Yes, the irony of the quote is palpable.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-25-2016 at 11:22 PM. Reason: Clarification
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

“Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

"When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast