• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Armed Hitchhiker in Oregon

MSG Laigaie

Campaign Veteran
https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ar...m_campaign=/blog/armed-hitchhiker-open-carry/

Jeremy Bryant doesn’t always hitchhike, but when he does he begins by asking, “How do you feel about picking somebody up who has a .357?” Surprisingly, most Oregonians feel good about it, if the documentary he filmed is any indication.
His goal for the film was simple: to “show that regular everyday Oregonians support open carry” and demonstrate “the kindness and generosity of strangers, and the decency of American people.”

He was remarkably successful. No one who offered him a ride drove away after he disclosed his weapon, though some asked not to be filmed for the documentary. Several people voiced enthusiasm and support for the 2nd Amendment. “If you take away the guns from the good people, then only the bad people will have them,” one driver commented.

“If you take away the guns from the good people, then only the bad people will have them,” one driver commented.

“I was expecting a harder time getting rides,” Bryant said. “I was incredibly surprised that every single person greeted me with a smile…”

I found this in my mail. The young man in the "documentary" was very secure in his own skin. Good on you mate for making us all look a bit more normal.

Wstar425

I was on the way home from hauling a motorcycle to my son in an enclosed trailer. Had a wheel chock and straps. Saw a bike parked on the highway in a rain storm where you wouldn't park if you didn't have to. Stopped and asked if they had problems and needed a hand. Had a flat tire. Going to my town so shoved it in and tied it down. They didn't notice I was armed open carry until we got in the truck. Kind of had them as I now had their bike!!! She was kind of nervous. He thought it was pretty awesome. Dropped them off, he offered me $40, I said use it to get your tire fixed. No problems except wet and had to clean gun.

Last edited:

mnrobitaille

Wonder how much footage was filmed west of the Cascades as that side of the state seems to not be friendly to OCing.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/ar...m_campaign=/blog/armed-hitchhiker-open-carry/

Jeremy Bryant doesn’t always hitchhike, but when he does he begins by asking, “How do you feel about picking somebody up who has a .357?” Surprisingly, most Oregonians feel good about it, if the documentary he filmed is any indication.
His goal for the film was simple: to “show that regular everyday Oregonians support open carry” and demonstrate “the kindness and generosity of strangers, and the decency of American people.”

He was remarkably successful. No one who offered him a ride drove away after he disclosed his weapon, though some asked not to be filmed for the documentary. Several people voiced enthusiasm and support for the 2nd Amendment. “If you take away the guns from the good people, then only the bad people will have them,” one driver commented.

“If you take away the guns from the good people, then only the bad people will have them,” one driver commented.

“I was expecting a harder time getting rides,” Bryant said. “I was incredibly surprised that every single person greeted me with a smile…”

I found this in my mail. The young man in the "documentary" was very secure in his own skin. Good on you mate for making us all look a bit more normal.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Two women bought him lunch because they couldn’t give him a ride. When he said he had a .357, the driver said, “Oh my god!” and started to pull away. But her friend made her stop so she could run back and bring him the food.

Two women bought him lunch because they couldn’t give him a ride. When he said he had a .357, the driver said, “Oh my god!” and started to pull away. But her friend made her stop so she could run back and bring him the food.

Article is a glitch in the Matrix ..... now, off to NYC ?!

Wstar425

About two years ago, shortly after we moved, I got a flat tire on my car about three miles from home and a quarter mile from a gas station where I bought gas. I found out my spare was flat as well, so I walked down to the station. Didn't really have anyone to call, OCing a 226, I said to myself I would ask the next person to pull in going North if they would give me a ride. The next car was a pretty new Mercedes with a guy in a suit. I asked, he said YOU HAVE A GUN!!??!!

He said he would if I would put my gun in his trunk. Said no, how do I know you won't drive off when I get out? He said let me talk to the people inside. We went inside, they said they had seen me around, but didn't really know me. Bob, one of the cashiers said he would give me a ride home, the gun didn't bother him. So the Mercedes guy kind of got me a ride, and we joked about that a little.

I've become fairly good friends with Bob, he is probably one of the more liberal people I know. We have some good conversations about politics. I walk my dog down there and get a water or maybe hot chocolate in the winter. The guy in the Mercedes gave me a card and he was a lawyer with Hupy and Abraham. I saw him later at the Harley Fall Ride manning a booth and asked if he remembered me? He said he remembered a guy asking for a ride, with a gun, but wouldn't have known it was me. Kinda funny story.

Wstar425

I noticed the part played by the BMW sedan on RFT's in the account of the killing of Ambassador Stevens. Now I drive a BMW X5 SAV diesel on RFT's and am aware of the security of choosing where I might stop with a flat. I drooled at the armored security model and wondered why the Benghazi mission didn't have one. Situational awareness

Maybe you should consider the Audi A8L Security? The version that can survive a grenade exploding underneath the body. If you need that kind of thing.......

I'm not sure if it suppose to be drivable after an explosion, or only provide protection to the occupants inside from one blast. If you could not drive away, it seems like that would likely not be so great.

Last edited:

Wstar425

http://www.bmw.com/com/en/general/c....mc_id=via_Shortcut_bmw-security-vehicles.com

BMW X5 Security Plus
It is a variant with safety glass, heavy-duty material and ballistics-resistant steel modifications. It comes with 4.8l engine with Steptronic automatic transmission. Armor is rated to safety class VR4, and in the 'Security Plus' variant is configured to resist the 7.62mm, AK-47 assault rifle. The vehicle sells for approximately $220,000.(Wikipedia BMW X5 (E70))[/QUOTE

There have been days when this sort of thing would have been helpful trying to navigate around Madison!!!😳😎😳