Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Attention Criminals: 1 Million Texans Are Carrying Guns

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Ellsworth Wisconsin
    Posts
    1,213

    Attention Criminals: 1 Million Texans Are Carrying Guns

    One million? Wow you beat us in Wisconsin. That is great news. I think you will become a model state to show the rest of the country that gun toting is normal American right, espcially the paranoid states like New Jersey, New York, California, Connecticut etc...

    http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016...carrying-guns/

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    northern wis
    Posts
    3,198
    The more the merrier
    Personal Defensive Solutions professional personal firearms, edge weapons and hands on defensive training and tactics pdsolutions@hotmail.com

    Any and all spelling errors are just to give the spelling Nazis something to do

  3. #3
    Accomplished Advocate color of law's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
    Posts
    3,732
    They have to have a license to open carry. They are way behind the curve.

  4. #4
    Regular Member stealthyeliminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    3,318
    I guess it is a happy consequence that the licensing allows us to "brag" about high numbers of gun-toters. Of course this number doesn't include those that car carry without a license, those that carry under some exception other than a CHL/LTC, or those that simply carry illegally (which I would venture to guess is a much higher number than many would think).

    136k LTC applications from December '15 to February '16 compared to 57k December '14 to February '15 is indeed an interesting number.

    I think it is still wrong to categorize Texas as a "gun-friendly" state while our legislature remains venomously statist and refuses to respect the true meaning of the second amendment.
    Last edited by stealthyeliminator; 03-25-2016 at 06:00 PM.
    Advocate freedom please

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Pearland, TX
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by stealthyeliminator View Post
    I guess it is a happy consequence that the licensing allows us to "brag" about high numbers of gun-toters. Of course this number doesn't include those that car carry without a license, those that carry under some exception other than a CHL/LTC, or those that simply carry illegally (which I would venture to guess is a much higher number than many would think).

    136k LTC applications from December '15 to February '16 compared to 57k December '14 to February '15 is indeed an interesting number.

    I think it is still wrong to categorize Texas as a "gun-friendly" state while our legislature remains venomously statist and refuses to respect the true meaning of the second amendment.
    Sad, but I have to agree.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    ...I think you will become a model state to show the rest of the country that gun toting is normal American right...
    Hardly.

    Texas requires a permit to allow its people to carry a firearm as a privilege, not a right.

    And it's only been three months that they were allowed to do so openly, as if it was "normal."

    But after 150 years, they are making some progress again, at least.
    Last edited by MAC702; 03-26-2016 at 03:23 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member Rusty Young Man's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Árida Zona
    Posts
    1,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Law abider View Post
    One million? Wow you beat us in Wisconsin. That is great news. I think you will become a model state to show the rest of the country that gun toting is normal American right SNIP...
    As color of law, stealthyeliminator, and MAC702 have pointed out, Texans have no Right to carry, only state-licensed privilege.

    Want to see a fairly good model state (in the southwest)? Visit sunny Arizona or the friendly folks in Nevada. Hard to go wrong with either one.

    "Constitutional Carry" in AZ since 2010, and I've yet to have a real problem with LEOs in Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Flagstaff, Sedona, Show Low, Tombstone, Williams, or Kingman*.

    I will say, the NV folks have us AZers beat in the bar and restaurant department. One can drink a beer or two WHILE clearly OCing and without a permit to boot! Definitely an experience worth trying at least the one time.

    *I'm considering the possibility of making an AZ OC version of "I've Been Everywhere".
    **I don't drink, but just had to drink the ceremonial beer garand_guy bought me just so I could see the wide-eyed look on my GF's face as I did, if nothing else.
    Last edited by Rusty Young Man; 03-26-2016 at 03:57 PM.
    I carry to defend my loved ones; Desensitizing and educating are secondary & tertiary reasons. Anything else is unintended.

    “Life, liberty, and property do not exist because men have made laws. On the contrary, it was the fact that life, liberty, and property existed beforehand that caused men to make laws in the first place.” - Frederic Bastiat

    "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle." - Edmund Burke

  8. #8
    Regular Member solus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    here nc
    Posts
    6,875
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Young Man View Post
    As color of law, stealthyeliminator, and MAC702 have pointed out, Texans have no Right to carry, only state-licensed privilege.

    Want to see a fairly good model state (in the southwest)? Visit sunny Arizona or the friendly folks in Nevada. Hard to go wrong with either one.

    "Constitutional Carry" in AZ since 2010, and I've yet to have a real problem with LEOs in Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Flagstaff, Sedona, Show Low, Tombstone, Williams, or Kingman*.

    I will say, the NV folks have us AZers beat in the bar and restaurant department. One can drink a beer or two WHILE clearly OCing and without a permit to boot! Definitely an experience worth trying at least the one time.

    *I'm considering the possibility of making an AZ OC version of "I've Been Everywhere".
    **I don't drink, but just had to drink the ceremonial beer garand_guy bought me just so I could see the wide-eyed look on my GF's face as I did, if nothing else.
    no wonder you don't have any problem with the nice LEs...for goodness sake, by your own admission, it doesn't seem you sit still long enough for the LEs to find your tired bottom...geeez...

    me i am content, term being relative, with NC and our little facet of OC...

    ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

    Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

    Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •