• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attention Criminals: 1 Million Texans Are Carrying Guns

stealthyeliminator

I guess it is a happy consequence that the licensing allows us to "brag" about high numbers of gun-toters. Of course this number doesn't include those that car carry without a license, those that carry under some exception other than a CHL/LTC, or those that simply carry illegally (which I would venture to guess is a much higher number than many would think).

136k LTC applications from December '15 to February '16 compared to 57k December '14 to February '15 is indeed an interesting number.

I think it is still wrong to categorize Texas as a "gun-friendly" state while our legislature remains venomously statist and refuses to respect the true meaning of the second amendment.

Last edited:

jordanmills

I guess it is a happy consequence that the licensing allows us to "brag" about high numbers of gun-toters. Of course this number doesn't include those that car carry without a license, those that carry under some exception other than a CHL/LTC, or those that simply carry illegally (which I would venture to guess is a much higher number than many would think).

136k LTC applications from December '15 to February '16 compared to 57k December '14 to February '15 is indeed an interesting number.

I think it is still wrong to categorize Texas as a "gun-friendly" state while our legislature remains venomously statist and refuses to respect the true meaning of the second amendment.

Sad, but I have to agree.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
...I think you will become a model state to show the rest of the country that gun toting is normal American right...

Hardly.

Texas requires a permit to allow its people to carry a firearm as a privilege, not a right.

And it's only been three months that they were allowed to do so openly, as if it was "normal."

But after 150 years, they are making some progress again, at least.

Last edited:

Rusty Young Man

One million? Wow you beat us in Wisconsin. That is great news. I think you will become a model state to show the rest of the country that gun toting is normal American right SNIP...

As color of law, stealthyeliminator, and MAC702 have pointed out, Texans have no Right to carry, only state-licensed privilege.

Want to see a fairly good model state (in the southwest)? Visit sunny Arizona or the friendly folks in Nevada. Hard to go wrong with either one. :)

"Constitutional Carry" in AZ since 2010, and I've yet to have a real problem with LEOs in Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Flagstaff, Sedona, Show Low, Tombstone, Williams, or Kingman*.

I will say, the NV folks have us AZers beat in the bar and restaurant department. One can drink a beer or two WHILE clearly OCing and without a permit to boot! Definitely an experience worth trying at least the one time.:D

*I'm considering the possibility of making an AZ OC version of "I've Been Everywhere".;)
**I don't drink, but just had to drink the ceremonial beer garand_guy bought me just so I could see the wide-eyed look on my GF's face as I did, if nothing else. :p

Last edited:

solus

As color of law, stealthyeliminator, and MAC702 have pointed out, Texans have no Right to carry, only state-licensed privilege.

Want to see a fairly good model state (in the southwest)? Visit sunny Arizona or the friendly folks in Nevada. Hard to go wrong with either one. :)

"Constitutional Carry" in AZ since 2010, and I've yet to have a real problem with LEOs in Tucson, Tempe, Phoenix, Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Gilbert, Flagstaff, Sedona, Show Low, Tombstone, Williams, or Kingman*.

I will say, the NV folks have us AZers beat in the bar and restaurant department. One can drink a beer or two WHILE clearly OCing and without a permit to boot! Definitely an experience worth trying at least the one time.:D

*I'm considering the possibility of making an AZ OC version of "I've Been Everywhere".;)
**I don't drink, but just had to drink the ceremonial beer garand_guy bought me just so I could see the wide-eyed look on my GF's face as I did, if nothing else. :p

no wonder you don't have any problem with the nice LEs...for goodness sake, by your own admission, it doesn't seem you sit still long enough for the LEs to find your tired bottom...geeez...:D

me i am content, term being relative, with NC and our little facet of OC...

ipse