• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My Conflict with a Radical Nutjob

PATRIOT88

Banned
Since this matter is resolved and it is no longer pending in court, I can discuss this openly without concern of it compromising the case.

So, anyway, it happened back on December 24th, 2015. The Shower broke the day before or so and I called Salvation Army, asking to use their shower to get cleaned up and presentable for my friends/family that were coming to visit me in NC for Christmas on the 25th. I walked to the facility in Hickory, started shaving in the bathroom and I was going to get ready to shower that day, however, I was rudely interrupted by some impatient idiot woman that kept banging at the door every 3-5 minutes. Had not shaved in awhile, so it was taking a good while. I ended up getting annoyed and upset and throwing a shirt back on and exiting the bathroom to confront her, telling her firmly that she needs to seriously learn patience and that I would not disturb her if she was tending to her period or showering and instead of getting a chance to shower, another woman comes out and starts ranting, yelling ''You don't disrespect my sister, blah blah blah.'' This nutjob woman pulled a switchblade or spring-loaded knife from her pocket and stood only three feet from me. As I perceived the imminent threat, I quickly pulled out my MACE brand Magnum 3 Defense Spray and aimed it at her face, simultaneously warning her to stop, drop the knife and not advance as well as reinforce my stance and my arms, as I was trained to do. (Pretty much handled a Level 4 conflict with Level 3 means.) Although she yielded to my warning and I did not have to engage her with my spray, the Police were called, under Priority Code 2, then arrived rapidly within a minute or so. She was charged with Assault With a Deadly Weapon that day. I received Justice and Peace shortly after the new year, in February when she was tried and foolishly tried denying all the charges, but she was still found guilty due to the evidence presented and the good work of the District Attorney in court.

She was also charged with harassment/stalking, carrying concealed weapons, and communicating threats.

I am rather happy and satisfied of the court verdict/result and glad that such a nutcase is off the streets. Even Police have said she is dangerous and crazy.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Ok, with that kind of response, I will not likely post a real account of self defense again anytime soon. Seems most in this section are generalized and not firsthand or personal accounts where the poster used force in defense but rather a link to some other person in a story or such.

davidmcbeth

Banned
Myself? I would not have pursued the matter.

Someone pulled a knife ? Happened so often in Ch-town I would have been in court most of the time just for that.

Who called the police?

What happened w/her ... plead deal or deferment?

Our ciminal justice system sucks.

I prefer just not to deal with it all together. Someone pulls a knife, I defend myself. They pay the appropriate price right then and there.

PATRIOT88

Banned
She tried lying through her teeth trying to plead not guilty, but the evidence showed otherwise. The staff on duty called at my request, as I was too busy to call them myself, my focus was on her, her hand and the knife. Its pretty much inevitable, you use force, be it reasonable or lethal and you have to testify in court. Using force and running away makes you look bad.

PATRIOT88

Banned
The South has much better laws and such. Im surprised with the mass exodus of Chicago, that city has any armed individual left at all.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Never heard of deferment being used in a legal sense in these matters. We call it continuances. Deferment is more for student loans.

davidmcbeth

Banned
The South has much better laws and such. Im surprised with the mass exodus of Chicago, that city has any armed individual left at all.

I have a few knife wound scars .... LOL

Why did you call the police? They would not have gotten there in time.

Lucky you were not shot by them.

I was at my local PD recently and a lady was there to complaint of "suspicious characters with there back doors of their car open"...I said "like they're moving? Really lady what crime did you actually see?" she said "none" I told her she was an idiot [made a friend that day!]

stealthyeliminator

Since this matter is resolved and it is no longer pending in court, I can discuss this openly without concern of it compromising the case.

So, anyway, it happened back on December 24th, 2015. The Shower broke the day before or so and I called Salvation Army, asking to use their shower to get cleaned up and presentable for my friends/family that were coming to visit me in NC for Christmas on the 25th. I walked to the facility in Hickory, started shaving in the bathroom and I was going to get ready to shower that day, however, I was rudely interrupted by some impatient idiot woman that kept banging at the door every 3-5 minutes. Had not shaved in awhile, so it was taking a good while. I ended up getting annoyed and upset and throwing a shirt back on and exiting the bathroom to confront her, telling her firmly that she needs to seriously learn patience and that I would not disturb her if she was tending to her period or showering and instead of getting a chance to shower, another woman comes out and starts ranting, yelling ''You don't disrespect my sister, blah blah blah.'' This nutjob woman pulled a switchblade or spring-loaded knife from her pocket and stood only three feet from me. As I perceived the imminent threat, I quickly pulled out my MACE brand Magnum 3 Defense Spray and aimed it at her face, simultaneously warning her to stop, drop the knife and not advance as well as reinforce my stance and my arms, as I was trained to do. (Pretty much handled a Level 4 conflict with Level 3 means.) Although she yielded to my warning and I did not have to engage her with my spray, the Police were called, under Priority Code 2, then arrived rapidly within a minute or so. She was charged with Assault With a Deadly Weapon that day. I received Justice and Peace shortly after the new year, in February when she was tried and foolishly tried denying all the charges, but she was still found guilty due to the evidence presented and the good work of the District Attorney in court.

She was also charged with harassment/stalking, carrying concealed weapons, and communicating threats.

I am rather happy and satisfied of the court verdict/result and glad that such a nutcase is off the streets. Even Police have said she is dangerous and crazy.

Glad it worked out and you're alive to tell the story! Sounds like one crazy lady. Glad you were prepared with tools to defend yourself, too.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Hickory Police are good officers and adhere to and respect Human Rights, the laws and Constitution. Again, maybe you skimmed or missed it, but I said staff at SA called police at my request and I doubt they would shoot someone who one, did not have arms drawn when they arrived and two, again, this is The South. Attitude is different here. Cannot base police attitude and disposition in Chicago with how it is here in North Carolina. The laws are entirely different and we don't have a fascist police chief. I am sorry you are stuck with Mccarthy. Furthermore, maybe you are not familiar with the terms I used. Level 3 is reasonable force. Level 4 is Deadly Force.

Here is a chart that explains it.

http://www.usadojo.com/Images/jim-wagner/use-of-force-ladder-sml.gif

use-of-force-ladder-sml.gif

WalkingWolf

The last place I would have showered would have been a SA. I would have spent the 5 bucks to use a shower at a truck stop. As far as the rest, glad you came out of it OK, but then I do pretty good at ignoring people. Would have not bothered putting a shirt on to confront a nut case to begin with. IMO avoiding confrontation is the best policy over using any kind of force. Just Sayin`

PATRIOT88

Banned
Thanks man. Me too. Could have possibly been worse had she not yielded to my warning. Havent been in NC long yet but I haven't seen any truck stops with showers in Hickory or Catawba county yet.

PATRIOT88

Banned
Well, no. To be perfectly honest, but like everyone on here, I am ready and prepared in the off chance a severe enough conflict ensues again. No day, despite my line of work, no day where I have to use any level of force is a fun or good day. I do not enjoy or like conflicts but they happen. This is my first real conflict in about 8-9 months in NC.

solus

Well, no. To be perfectly honest, but like everyone on here, I am ready and prepared in the off chance a severe enough conflict ensues again. No day, despite my line of work, no day where I have to use any level of force is a fun or good day. I do not enjoy or like conflicts but they happen. This is my first real conflict in about 8-9 months in NC.

lets see you been in the state a short while in July 15 and immediately allegedly had your toy gun broken by Lenoir PD and the same time frame you told that story, you stated on the forum you were upset cuz you couldn't find some place to eat because of the IDIOTS didn't like your KNIFE!!

tho, truth be told I am sincerely glad, as you were in the SArmy bathroom about to shower, you exited into the combative situation with enough presence of mind to have your trusty mace with you...whew what a relief that must have been...huh!!

the lecture on force levels was refreshing and you know if you were subjected to those kinds of conflicts on a daily basis like you state...you might consider change positions...

but i must take minor exception to your statement you do not enjoy the conflict, since as evidenced by your postings, your tenure out here has been augmentative and at times your posts incoherent ...

ipse

oh a question patriot...why was the female charged with stalking?

finally...didn't know the court system moved so swiftly in Catawba county, just amazing...

WalkingWolf

lets see you been in the state a short while in July 15 and immediately allegedly had your toy gun broken by Lenoir PD and the same time frame you told that story, you stated on the forum you were upset cuz you couldn't find some place to eat because of the IDIOTS didn't like your KNIFE!!

tho, truth be told I am sincerely glad, as you were in the SArmy bathroom about to shower, you exited into the combative situation with enough presence of mind to have your trusty mace with you...whew what a relief that must have been...huh!!

the lecture on force levels was refreshing and you know if you were subjected to those kinds of conflicts on a daily basis like you state...you might consider change positions...

but i must take minor exception to your statement you do not enjoy the conflict, since as evidenced by your postings, your tenure out here has been augmentative and at times your posts incoherent ...

ipse

finally...didn't know the court system moved so swiftly in Catawba county, just amazing...
I am surprised that SA did not have them both arrested. Unless SA has changed since I used to drop of bums there, they had a sign prohibiting ALL weapons. That would include pepper spray.

Patriot there is a Pilot truck stop in Hickory with showers.

Last edited:

davidmcbeth

Banned

You did fine. Carry on ! Also, a lesson to always carry is wise, if possible.

You never know when you'll meet a crazy person; remember about 1/3rd of population are registered demorats.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

ipse

Boy oh boy, I thought it was just me.....

PATRIOT88

Banned
Not sure if I can get arrest record that easily and the public information regarding the court case is gone off the calendar. I have the physical papers and be glad to show anyone that meets me at the next meetup, in April, the result. Grapeshot.

As far as that rule goes, it applies to residents only.