Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: First time to Nevada questions.

  1. #1
    Activist Member bwboley's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Portland/Vancouver, ,
    Posts
    252

    First time to Nevada questions.

    Coming to Nevada for the first time for a race down in primm Nevada.
    I'm driving in, I read that I can have it loaded openly on my hip or in my center console, I just can't conceal my glock on my person.
    And oc is legal every where beside secures areas.


    Thanks for the info.

  2. #2
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    You can have it loaded anywhere in your car, except if attached to your person then it can't be concealed by your clothing or something you are carrying.

    Open carry is legal most everywhere, yes. There are few places that care, but private property can always ask you to leave, and you can expect that in the casinos, including Primm.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  3. #3
    Regular Member Animalou812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Erlanger, Kentucky
    Posts
    68
    You can carry in the casinos but f they see it they can ask you to leave.
    NRS 202.3673 Permittee Authorized to Carry Concealed Firearm While on Premises of Public Building; Exceptions; Penalty.
    1. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 2 and 3, a permittee may carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of any public building.
    2. A permittee shall not carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of a public building that is located on the property of a public airport.
    3. A permittee shall not carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of:
    (a) A public building that is located on the property of a public school or a child care facility or the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, unless the permittee has obtained written permission to carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subparagraph (3) of paragraph (a) of subsection 3 of NRS 202.265.
    (b) A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public
    entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building, unless the permittee is not prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subsection 4.
    4. The provisions of paragraph (b) of subsection 3 do not prohibit:
    (a) A permittee who is a judge from carrying a concealed firearm in the courthouse or courtroom in which he presides or from authorizing a permittee to carry a concealed firearm while in the courtroom
    of the judge and while traveling to and from the courtroom of the judge.
    (b) A permittee who is a prosecuting attorney of an agency or political subdivision of the United States or of this State from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of a public building.
    (c) A permittee who is employed in the public building from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building.
    (d) A permittee from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building if the permittee has received written permission from the person in control of the public building to carry a concealed firearm while the permittee is on the premises of the public
    building.
    5. A person who violates subsection 2 or 3 is guilty of a misdemeanor.
    6. As used in this section:
    (a) “Child care facility” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (a) of subsection 5 of
    NRS 202.265.
    (b) “Public building” means any building or office space occupied by:
    (1) Any component of the Nevada System of Higher Education and used for any purpose
    related to the System; or
    (2) The Federal Government, the State of Nevada or any county, city, school district or other political subdivision of the State of Nevada and used for any public purpose. If only part of the building is occupied by an entity described in this subsection, the term means only that portion of the building which is so occupied. (Added to NRS by 1995, 2725; A 1997, 63; 1999, 2767; 2007, 1914)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Regular Member The Big Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Waco, TX
    Posts
    1,950
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalou812 View Post
    You can carry in the casinos but f they see it they can ask you to leave.
    NRS 202.3673 Permittee Authorized to Carry Concealed Firearm While on Premises of Public Building; Exceptions; Penalty.
    1. Except as otherwise provided in subsections 2 and 3, a permittee may carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of any public building.
    2. A permittee shall not carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of a public building that is located on the property of a public airport.
    3. A permittee shall not carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of:
    (a) A public building that is located on the property of a public school or a child care facility or the property of the Nevada System of Higher Education, unless the permittee has obtained written permission to carry a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subparagraph (3) of paragraph (a) of subsection 3 of NRS 202.265.
    (b) A public building that has a metal detector at each public entrance or a sign posted at each public
    entrance indicating that no firearms are allowed in the building, unless the permittee is not prohibited from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building pursuant to subsection 4.
    4. The provisions of paragraph (b) of subsection 3 do not prohibit:
    (a) A permittee who is a judge from carrying a concealed firearm in the courthouse or courtroom in which he presides or from authorizing a permittee to carry a concealed firearm while in the courtroom
    of the judge and while traveling to and from the courtroom of the judge.
    (b) A permittee who is a prosecuting attorney of an agency or political subdivision of the United States or of this State from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of a public building.
    (c) A permittee who is employed in the public building from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building.
    (d) A permittee from carrying a concealed firearm while he is on the premises of the public building if the permittee has received written permission from the person in control of the public building to carry a concealed firearm while the permittee is on the premises of the public
    building.
    5. A person who violates subsection 2 or 3 is guilty of a misdemeanor.
    6. As used in this section:
    (a) “Child care facility” has the meaning ascribed to it in paragraph (a) of subsection 5 of
    NRS 202.265.
    (b) “Public building” means any building or office space occupied by:
    (1) Any component of the Nevada System of Higher Education and used for any purpose
    related to the System; or
    (2) The Federal Government, the State of Nevada or any county, city, school district or other political subdivision of the State of Nevada and used for any public purpose. If only part of the building is occupied by an entity described in this subsection, the term means only that portion of the building which is so occupied. (Added to NRS by 1995, 2725; A 1997, 63; 1999, 2767; 2007, 1914)


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The Statute you show here only applies to permitted conceal carry which is not what the post was concerned with. It does not apply to open carry at all. The areas where OC is not allowed by statute is not really in any place a visitor here would likely go. Signs have no weight in law but are only an indication that you may be asked to leave. Private places that will ask you to leave are few.

    TBG
    Life member GOA and NRA. Member of SAF, NAGR, TXGR and Cast Bullet Assoc.

  5. #5
    Regular Member DTOM2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    17
    I'm planning to travel to AZ and crossing over in to NV, just to confirm that you don't need a valid concealed permit to OP?
    I know TX now allows OC but you need a permit. In states such as AZ, VA and WV you don't need a concealed permit to OC.

  6. #6
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM2nd View Post
    I'm planning to travel to AZ and crossing over in to NV, just to confirm that you don't need a valid concealed permit to OP?
    I know TX now allows OC but you need a permit. In states such as AZ, VA and WV you don't need a concealed permit to OC.
    Correct. In NV, AZ, UT, you do not need a permit, or even ID, to openly carry a firearm. AZ also adds permitless concealed carry if you are over 21 and are not in a bar.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

  7. #7
    Regular Member DTOM2nd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by MAC702 View Post
    Correct. In NV, AZ, UT, you do not need a permit, or even ID, to openly carry a firearm. AZ also adds permitless concealed carry if you are over 21 and are not in a bar.
    Thanks

    I'm very familiar with AZ gun laws.
    I'll be arriving at Vegas McCarren airport for my AZ Grand Canyon trip. Any one OC in Las Vegas?
    And how acceptable and common is OC in rual Nevada in particular Lake Mead.

  8. #8
    Campaign Veteran MAC702's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    6,520
    Quote Originally Posted by DTOM2nd View Post
    ...Any one OC in Las Vegas?
    And how acceptable and common is OC in rual Nevada in particular Lake Mead.
    I always see OC when I'm in rural NV. Not on everyone, or even most, but I always see it somewhere. I occasionally see in Las Vegas, which is a lot more often than I used to. A few of us went decades without seeing others in the city. I've seen a few at Lake Mead, and I'm always openly carrying there. I've never had an issue; though I'm usually packing a stainless revolver instead of my 1911 to minimize cleaning issues on my sidearm from the water spray when doing 40 knots on my boat.
    Last edited by MAC702; 04-29-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    "It's not important how many people I've killed. What's important is how I get along with the people who are still alive" - Jimmy the Tulip

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •