• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Prep for CCL

MaxwellG

Madison - 77 square miles surrounded by reality
So I decided to get a CCL, it's good for 5 years, got a pistol for the purpose and will be taking a class in April...the pistol might just be fun to shoot also...right!
Been thinking long and hard on it, I t comes down to 'I'd like the option to CC' when I choose, I may not all the time, but I want the choice.
This comes with a lot of responsibility, I've done a quite a bit of reading both of the laws, and on Forums for opinion and a choice on a CC FA.
I've been involved with firearms since 1995 and have a small collection, shooting for fun (targets) and self/home defense.

I purchased a Ruger SR9c in black nitride.

Last edited:

protias

Hopefully you are taking the FREE Wisconsin Carry class. I would hate to see you waste money on a class that doesn't actually teach your WI law.