• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

latest on carry status for Washington state convention center?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaitz

Banned
I was at Sakura con this weekend and there is lots of activity out in public areas such as the Freeway park areas or some inside areas and other activity behind doors where they check you for having the badge/ticket of having paid.

It might be fun to carry a sword some time, though currently forbidden by SMC 12A.14. If and when SMC 12A.14 were changed what might be policy/rule/law?

Also, what is the status of our understanding re carry of firearm in the Convention Center?

z

decklin

I was at Sakura con this weekend and there is lots of activity out in public areas such as the Freeway park areas or some inside areas and other activity behind doors where they check you for having the badge/ticket of having paid.

It might be fun to carry a sword some time, though currently forbidden by SMC 12A.14. If and when SMC 12A.14 were changed what might be policy/rule/law?

Also, what is the status of our understanding re carry of firearm in the Convention Center?

z

This is not a blade forum. It is certainly off topic.
Also, why would you create a new thread when the original is open and ongoing?

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

z
While edged weapons may have some application to the RKBA, carrying a sword not only might run afoul of statutes/ordinances, but such would definitely not be a good fit in defending and advancing the basic tenent of OCDO: To normalize the practice of open carrying properly holstered handguns as we go about our everyday lives.

You want information on carry in the Convention Center? Read about it here.

There is no need for a duplicate thread - locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.