Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC

Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC

I have no link, but I am watching this live on KIRO 7. Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC during their festival this year 6/25-26. They complained that SPD did nothing about OC during the 2015 event. OK, we support you, and you want to ban us? If I'm not mistaken, I would call that hypocrisy? I help fight for your rights, but you won't support our rights??????? I'm more confused now. Once again equality only means you are equal if you believe in things that they do (CC only, LGBT, Dem, Rep, etc.) WTF. Rant complete.
    "The beauty of the Second Amenment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." Thomas Jefferson
    "Evil often triumphs, but never conquers." Joseph Roux
    http://nwfood.shelfreliance.com

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    I have no link, but I am watching this live on KIRO 7. Gay Pride 2016 wants to ban OC during their festival this year 6/25-26. They complained that SPD did nothing about OC during the 2015 event. OK, we support you, and you want to ban us? If I'm not mistaken, I would call that hypocrisy? I help fight for your rights, but you won't support our rights??????? I'm more confused now. Once again equality only means you are equal if you believe in things that they do (CC only, LGBT, Dem, Rep, etc.) WTF. Rant complete.
    Not the first time:
    http://www.infowars.com/video-gay-op...y-pride-rally/
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Quote Originally Posted by golddigger14s View Post
    They the question that you must ask yourself...Why support them at all?
    "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it." - Thomas Jefferson.

"Better that ten guilty persons escape, than that one innocent suffer" - English jurist William Blackstone.
    It is AFAIK original to me. Compromise is failure on the installment plan, particularly when dealing with so intractable an opponent as ignorance. - Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    counter point to yours grape...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...seattle-pride/
    quote: A group of gun-toting gay Libertarians said they were welcomed with open arms Sunday at a Seattle gay pride event. Kevin Finger and five of his friends walked downtown carrying handguns, AR-15s and AK-47s, The Blaze reported. One sign they carried read, “Armed gays don’t get bashed.” unquote

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Remember always, do not judge someone because they sin differently than you do!

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    ^ ^ Shows to go ya, even constants can be inconsistent. ^ ^
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 03-28-2016 at 11:40 AM.
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

It is sad and ironic to hear anti-gun LBGTQ community members talk about how closet carry is better and yet if you ask THEM to go back into the "closet" they freak out. Very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    It is sad and ironic to hear anti-gun LBGTQ community members talk about how closet carry is better and yet if you ask THEM to go back into the "closet" they freak out. Very sad.
    sorry where do you hear that from...got a cite about the use of the term "closet carry"

ipse
    I'm only human; I do what I can; I'm just a man; I do what I can; Don't put the blame on me; Don't put your blame on me ~ Rag'n'Bone Man.

Please do not get confused between my personality & my attitude. My personality is who I am ~ my attitude depends on who you are and how you act.

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by solus View Post
    sorry where do you hear that from...got a cite about the use of the term "closet carry"
    Whether he made it up, or found it somewhere, I think it's a perfect phrase for illustrating the hypocrisy of some who are determined to express their "pride".

Quote Originally Posted by OC for ME View Post
    They the question that you must ask yourself...Why support them at all?
    +1

Regular Member rightwinglibertarian's Avatar

ipse
    There is a certain irony about that term, considering these people have come out of the closet.
    "Which part of shall not be infringed is so difficult to understand"?

"Any and all restrictions on the bearing of arms in public places are nullified as per the Second Amendment"

Conservative Broadcast || Google Plus profile

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Whether he made it up, or found it somewhere, I think it's a perfect phrase for illustrating the hypocrisy of some who are determined to express their "pride".
    it is considered a derogatory term and i was seeking the cite to determine context of its use to ascertain if it was from a homophobic site or writer.

but apparently my question has been sufficiently answered.

ipse

Quote Originally Posted by BB62 View Post
    Look up last year's incident with the idiot running PrideFest and his quote regarding OC:
    http://seattlegayscene.com/2015/06/g...-for-disaster/

Egan Orion, president of PrideFest issued this statement:

Seattle PrideFest is a big proponent of individual freedoms, but we can’t support an open-carry gun rally on the busiest day in Downtown Seattle and the Seattle Center throughout the entire year, where a collision of people, alcohol, and religious protesters bring excitement and tension to our City streets. With the expected Supreme Court decision on same-sex marriage, this will likely be a busier year than most, and will bring out more protesters. Adding an open carry rally to this incendiary mix is irresponsible and detracts from the LGBTQ focus of the day’s events. We are reviewing the matter with Seattle Center and our board of directors, but since we’ve rented the Center for our exclusive use that day (on behalf of the community), know that anybody who open carries at the event will be peacefully asked to leave the festival grounds.
    Note he didn't say anything about Closet Carry or firearms being present in general, his entire objection solely targeted at OPEN carry. This hypocrite who talks about supporting "individual freedoms" wants gun owners to keep THEIR freedoms "out of sight."
    Last edited by Alpine; 03-28-2016 at 04:53 PM.

then alpine, my question is still unanswered...even with your furnished silly cite especially i noticed you left off the most blatant observation
    quote: It was noted that Seattle Center doesn’t allow weapons in the park or in park buildings. unquote.

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-28-2016 at 05:08 PM.

then alpine, my question is still unanswered...even with your furnished silly cite especially i noticed you left off the most blatant observation
    quote: It was noted that Seattle Center doesn’t allow weapons in the park or in park buildings. unquote.

ipse
    That observation is in direct violation of RCW 9.41.290
    So it doesn't stand.
    "Loyalty above all else except honor. " -John Mahoney

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

Quote Originally Posted by decklin View Post
    So it doesn't stand.

complain to the author of the article being cited...however, you might wish to raise your objection to the Seattle Center itself who's Campus Rules specifically state:

quote:
    I: Rules of Conduct
    4. Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
    1. Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
    2. Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
    3. Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.

hummm...seems this isn't an ordinance nor local law but a rule...hummm your cite doesn't pertain does it?

ipse

complain to the author of the article being cited...however, you might wish to raise your objection to the Seattle Center itself who's Campus Rules specifically state:

quote:
    I: Rules of Conduct
    4. Weapons

It is Prohibited to:
    1. Sell, manufacture, purchase, possess or carry any blackjack, sand-club, metal knuckles, switchblade knife, chako sticks, or throwing stars.
    2. Carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife unless used as a tool for work by Seattle Center employees or their authorized agents, or carry concealed on his or her person any weapon. Seattle Center employees are subject to the Seattle Center Employees Firearm Policy.
    3. Possess or display a firearm on the campus, unless permitted by applicable law.

hummm...seems this isn't an ordinance nor local law but a rule...hummm your cite doesn't pertain does it?

ipse
    The city doesn't care. They are in violation of a court order to remove all those signs and rules. This is a battle that has been going on for seven years.

"A Government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take away everything you have." -Gerald R. Ford

The city doesn't care. They are in violation of a court order to remove all those signs and rules. This is a battle that has been going on for seven years.
    hummm, some rookie could get brownie points then huh and the poor citizen be left defending themselves in a judicial situation...

shame on you for jumping in spewing cites like it was gospel with brimstone falling when there are known caveats ~ seven years worth you fail to disclose...

ipse

The whole thing is a trick.

Note the phrase at the end there:
    unless permitted by applicable law.
    They are basically saying "guns are banned except when the law says they are not." And the law says guns aren't banned there so...

hummm, some rookie could get brownie points then huh and the poor citizen be left defending themselves in a judicial situation...

shame on you for jumping in spewing cites like it was gospel with brimstone falling when there are known caveats ~ seven years worth you fail to disclose...

ipse
    I don't understand you. You responded to another poster, I pointed out the law. How am I spewing cites?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpine View Post
    The whole thing is a trick.

Note the phrase at the end there:

They are basically saying "guns are banned except when the law says they are not." And the law says guns aren't banned there so...
    That's not what is being discussed. The discussion is based around the article posted. Not the sign. The article says illegal to possess on the property.

So it doesn't stand.
    I don't understand you. You responded to another poster, I pointed out the law. How am I spewing cites?
    let's review...
    i stated you spit out a cite...yepper you did your first quote

i stated you provided a caveat to said cite...yepper you did in your second quote

i unequivocally stated shame on you for spewing out a cite as gospel w/o providing the caveat...which you apparently did...

any other questions about you spewing out cites without all the information?

ipse
    Last edited by solus; 03-28-2016 at 08:10 PM.

That's not what is being discussed. The discussion is based around the article posted. Not the sign. The article says illegal to possess on the property.
    There is some gray area here with regards to the Sequim decision and what happens to city property when it is rented out.
    http://caselaw.findlaw.com/wa-suprem...t/1152139.html

State Researcher
    i stated you spit out ...

i unequivocally stated shame on you ...

spewing out a...

spewing out ...
    I would certainly cede to your expertise on spitting, spewing and shame.
    Last edited by utbagpiper; 03-28-2016 at 08:48 PM.
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

State Researcher
    Quote Originally Posted by rightwinglibertarian View Post
    There is a certain irony about that term, considering these people have come out of the closet.
    No irony at all. That term--closet--is powerful. It is like "bigot".

And it is perfectly applicable to those who can't stop us from carrying guns, but want to prevent us from normalizing that practice. They want to force us into the very closet the homosexual community has recently exited.

We should be using that term and phraseology whenever some liberal dunderhead demands we hide our guns, or even leave them home entirely.

Charles
    All experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. Thank heaven we do not permit a few to impose anarchy.

"With Anarchy as an aim and as a means, Communism becomes possible."
    --Marxist.org

"Communism and Anarchy [are], a necessary complement to one another. "
    --PETER KROPOTKIN, "Anarchism: its philosophy and ideal." 1898.

This is me OC at a Pride rally about 5 years ago...

Live Free or Die!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast